My truck for sale

just trying to generate some interest as I’m not too sure how many people actually look in the for sale section :slight_smile:
please click on the link below…

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=108218

Sad day mate, good luck for the future.

Tis a little minter is that. Always best not to fall in love with your wagon, I nearly started crying when I sold my V8.

List it on auto trader’s truck section, that has the most foot fall.

what year is it?

it does not say in the advert :wink:

I remember you posting picks off this at the beginning of the year, I remember because I think dafs are ugly but yours would turn my head and I’d be glad to drive it. Hope it goes to a good home and hope what ever is happening all pans out ok all the best for 2014.

i saw this at Lutterworth a couple of months ago, you was renting it out to someone

it did look really tidy :slight_smile:

shuttlespanker:
what year is it?

it does not say in the advert :wink:

You beat me to it, year and emissions class are a must in an advert I think.

Best of luck sixaxles, wherever life takes you.

Might be worth sticking in classifieds of a motorsport mag, or something like that, where condition is valued above mileage.

shuttlespanker:
i saw this at Lutterworth a couple of months ago, you was renting it out to someone

it is really tidy :wink: yes my mate was stuck for a wagon for a bit so I let him use it for a couple of months - my logic being that I could trust him to look after, it would bring a small bit of cash my way and … the most important one, it doesn’t do a truck any favours to be sat doing nothing, anyway, we ended up having a bit of a ding dong and I got it back the week after lol… did you text me earlier? I did the advert in a rush to be honest as I know its not the right time to sell but I thought I’d test the water - you never know your luck in a raffle!

it is an October 2005 - therefore a 55 plate, euro 3. not much use in London but that’s not the end of the world :smiley:

thanks guys , life is not always easy , but I’ve been talking about doing something else for a couple of years now, so in july I literally just decided to go home and park her up, didn’t want to sell straight away as you never know if things will work out, but now I think it is time :frowning:

sixaxles:

shuttlespanker:

it is really tidy :wink: yes my mate was stuck for a wagon for a bit so I let him use it for a couple of months - my logic being that I could trust him to look after, it would bring a small bit of cash my way and … the most important one, it doesn’t do a truck any favours to be sat doing nothing, anyway, we ended up having a bit of a ding dong and I got it back the week after lol… did you text me earlier? I did the advert in a rush to be honest as I know its not the right time to sell but I thought I’d test the water - you never know your luck in a raffle!

not guilty :wink:

shuttlespanker:

sixaxles:

shuttlespanker:

not guilty :wink:

ah, someone text asking just what you did - thought it might have been you :slight_smile:

if i was looking for another truck, i would jump at it mate, after seeing it up close, you can see how much work you have put in to it

It was me wot sent you a text.
I’m looking to change soon but really, I need something no older that 2010, but, yours is so good and a FTP that my brain shut down, if you know what I mean.
Good luck for the future.
Iain.

zippo:
I’m looking to change soon but really, I need something no older that 2010, but, yours is so good and a FTP that my brain shut down, if you know what I mean.
Iain.

no worries iain, I know what your saying there, one of my friends is thinking about changing and that’s the age bracket he’s looking towards, there are so many arguments for and against what age truck to buy, he’s looking at scania’s because they are his thing but will be looking at a price of 45/49grand for something that’s 3/4 years old and therefore done 3/4 years work and has the potential to let him down or just need a few quid spending on top of sizeable finance, its a nightmare, new trucks are so expensive so you either need a large deposite or work good enough to stand 1400 quid in monthly repayments before you’ve paid for an R&M package of some sort - I bought a brand new MAN TGX XXl in 2008 and took out extra warranty for 3 years, the truck was 60 grand which worked out to be 1095 pound a month and the extra warranty and R&M package was 275(I think) so I was paying 1370 a month for trouble free trucking, which was great until the work more or less dried up in 2009! I stayed loyal to my customer through 2010 who didn’t have much work but had a new contract starting in 2011, in the end though It boiled down to me being out of my comfort zone with that kind of finance, and lack of funds - although I could probably have managed if I had really wanted to, I just never bonded with the truck. so It was back to sensible finance and a chance I’d need to get my tools out, much happier. I honestly don’t think there is a right way of doing it, more the way you feel happy doing it, at the end of the year you’ll most likely have spent a similar amount be it in finance or maintenance or a mixture of both. at the end of the day every one is different and from day one I’ve always liked the fact that I know my trucks intimately. I could rattle on for ages about this subject - so I think i’ll stop there lol :slight_smile:

I remember you did a pictorial when you bought this.

Ken.

sixaxles:

zippo:
Iain.

no worries iain, I know what your saying there, one of my friends is thinking about changing and that’s the age bracket he’s looking towards, there are so many arguments for and against what age truck to buy, he’s looking at scania’s because they are his thing but will be looking at a price of 45/49grand for something that’s 3/4 years old and therefore done 3/4 years work and has the potential to let him down or just need a few quid spending on top of sizeable finance, its a nightmare, new trucks are so expensive so you either need a large deposite or work good enough to stand 1400 quid in monthly repayments before you’ve paid for an R&M package of some sort - I bought a brand new MAN TGX XXl in 2008 and took out extra warranty for 3 years, the truck was 60 grand which worked out to be 1095 pound a month and the extra warranty and R&M package was 275(I think) so I was paying 1370 a month for trouble free trucking, which was great until the work more or less dried up in 2009! I stayed loyal to my customer through 2010 who didn’t have much work but had a new contract starting in 2011, in the end though It boiled down to me being out of my comfort zone with that kind of finance, and lack of funds - although I could probably have managed if I had really wanted to, I just never bonded with the truck. so It was back to sensible finance and a chance I’d need to get my tools out, much happier. I honestly don’t think there is a right way of doing it, more the way you feel happy doing it, at the end of the year you’ll most likely have spent a similar amount be it in finance or maintenance or a mixture of both. at the end of the day every one is different and from day one I’ve always liked the fact that I know my trucks intimately. I could rattle on for ages about this subject - so I think i’ll stop there lol :slight_smile:

Have to agree with you there.