trucknet uk

UKtramp:
Personally, I rather liked him and his friends seemed pleasant enough. My opinion was that he was very misunderstood rather than been malicious. Anyway anyone know of a good sat nav?

You even…

Lied about having me in iggy then.

chaversdad:
It hasnt been the same since Rob K left, used to quite enjoy his posts on Owner drivers working for a £1 a mile and a Mars bar :smiley:

Why not have a new thread called list of members that tried to reinvent haulage over the yrs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Freight Dog:

Harry Monk:

chaversdad:
It hasnt been the same since Rob K left, used to quite enjoy his posts on Owner drivers working for a £1 a mile and a Mars bar :smiley:

RobK is still here. He just isn’t called RobK any more. :wink:

Spill the beans, who is it? :laughing:

I definitely know one of his aliases, (and possibly 3) only because he/they use the same identical type of insults and pops, when making a bee line to respond to me whenever I post anything. :laughing:
I used to get on with him ok (in a forum based way) when he was RobK, but he later on took offence at something I said while inadvertantly answering to one of his aliases, and never let it go, …must have really ■■■■■■ him. :smiley:
I even offered an olive branch on pm, but he cracked me over the head with it. :laughing:

Away then lets have some of his aliases, i cant think who it could of been , plenty of knobs have come and gone but no one on that scale :laughing:

Wiretwister:

truckman020:
I have been on this site everyday for the last two weeks,has anyone else noticed that there are no new posts on here [well maybe one or two ]but no more than that,is it coming to a point that drivers are getting bored with posting on here,all I have seen is for the last two weeks the same posts,who thinks the same,this is no dig at the site itself as I still think it’s a good one,i just get the feeling drivers are going elsewhere.

I think you are wrong. I’ve just done a quick count of threads started since Monday 19 march 2018 and came to 33 on the first page. Don’t believe me?? Do your own count!

yes I reckon you are right,personally I think it’s my laptop that’s slow,i realised because as soon as I posted this and submitted it I found quite a few new posts on here suddenly appeared,so annoying

yt03:
I’ve noticed a few people are missing… I personally found their posts amusing and interesting at times, but obviously the mods did not…

Excalibur for one,not heard from him since last year

UKtramp:

yourhavingalarf:
One member in…

Particular who joined last year caused nothing but a crapstorm of protests and arguments with every thread he started. Without fail the posts were incendiary, preening, cocky and designed to antagonise the reader. That poster then started to have debates, arguments, agreements, disagreements with himself by adding imaginary friends. Then was caught out, not once but twice as an out and out fraud.

In my opinion, Trucknet didn’t seem to care and didn’t bother to make any attempt to stop what to me and others was a blatant mocking of all the rules here. To allow alias posting is detremental because people only hide for one reason on forums and that reason is deceit.

Sadly, the place hasn’t been the same since.

Personally, I rather liked him and his friends seemed pleasant enough. My opinion was that he was very misunderstood rather than been malicious. Anyway anyone know of a good sat nav?

^^^^^^^^
sticking your neck out with the irony in that pish might appear somewhat overpowering to some of the remaining on here :unamused:

chaversdad:
Away then lets have some of his aliases, i cant think who it could of been , plenty of knobs have come and gone but no one on that scale :laughing:

I don’t think he knows that I know, that I know who his aliases are, and I know that he knows that if I know who they are, that he will stop having a go, but I enjoy him having a go, knowing that he does not know that I know who he is, and I know that if he did know that I know that I know he knows, he would not have a go at me again…so no. :laughing:

I think a lot of forums are suffering due to Facebook. Loads of groups to cater for al sorts of interests and you can dip in and out while looking at other stuff

I took a look :slight_smile: I see you already worked out that the number of posts hasn’t actually decreased, just you for some reason missed them :wink:

But lets see what impact it actually has had
In the 2 weeks before we I posted the “its time” message we got 840K page views, in the 2 weeks directly after we got 940K even more significant is that the number of people who visited the site more than once in the weeks after the crackdown rose by over 5000.
Now that could be a co-incidence, or it could be that quality of posts over quantity does attract people to the site.

I make no secret and no apology for saying that I would happily take a significant drop in page views and visitor numbers to lose the toxic and sometime shameful posts that we had being posted by some individuals/accounts.

It seems that the far larger silent majority agree, as the level of "Facebook " style posts has decreased, our visitor numbers and page views has increased.

So be warned this is not a short term clean up of the forums, This is the way these forums are run and will continue to be run. If that’ doesn’t fit with your posting style then think whether TruckNet is the place for you, Plenty of other groups out there.

yourhavingalarf:
… a blatant mocking of all the rules here.

I’ve read the rules, but I’m struggling to find the one that you’re referring to.
Could you point it out please?

yourhavingalarf:
To allow alias posting is detremental because people only hide for one reason on forums and that reason is deceit.

Almost everybody on TN posts under an alias (= screen name) but I think I know what you mean.

There are several ways of hiding behind a second alias, some more detectable than others, but I do agree that it’s detrimental overall.

yourhavingalarf:
Sadly, the place hasn’t been the same since.

Agreed, but I think it’s been better since.

Just for general info for anybody interested, NOBODY has been banned, so those who have chosen not to post have come to that decision by their own choice.

tbh i havnt posted on here in over a year and a half and im not on here as much as i used to be…probably a lot of people thinking who the hell are you…and then some who are like…[zb]

gogzy:
tbh i havnt posted on here in over a year and a half and im not on here as much as i used to be…probably a lot of people thinking who the hell are you…and then some who are like…[zb]

And there are some still here that remember the “Cannock Legend” good to see you on here mate.

kr79:
I think a lot of forums are suffering due to Facebook. Loads of groups to cater for al sorts of interests and you can dip in and out while looking at other stuff

I’ve shifted to using a Facebook trucking group more than here. In part because its more convenient as i see all my other fb stuff at the same time. But also because i got fed up of the crap on here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

kr79:

I’ve shifted to using a Facebook trucking group more than here. In part because its more convenient as i see all my other fb stuff at the same time. But also because i got fed up of the crap on here.

I can’t be arsed with Facebook, mainly because it’s awash with crap.
Mrs and daughters use it that is how I know.
I find it amazing some of the incriminating and libelous stuff that is on there, you would think that half of them were writing a private diary.
Then there’s the ones who tell you everytime they ■■■■ ffs. :unamused:
Do they not know people read some of this stuff, are they thick or what?

robroy:

IronEddie:

kr79:

I can’t be arsed with Facebook, mainly because it’s awash with crap.
Mrs and daughters use it that is how I know.
I find it amazing some of the incriminating and libelous stuff that is on there, you would think that half of them were writing a private diary.
Then there’s the ones who tell you everytime they ■■■■ ffs. :unamused:
Do they not know people read some of this stuff, are they thick or what?

I don’t use it as much as i did but i like fb for keeping up with friends and family. Private groups too, probably less unwelcome eyes their than here.

Harry Monk:

chaversdad:

RobK is still here. He just isn’t called RobK any more. :wink:

[emoji23]

You ain’t seen me, right?

IronEddie:

kr79:

Some fair points made in these two posts, but comparing TN to FB is not comparing like-for-like.

TN and FB have completely different rules for what’s allowed or not allowed.

IMHO, it’s a good thing that they’re different because people can choose to be members/post on either or both, but the bit I don’t get is… what’s the point of posting on one in order to have a moan about the other?? :confused:

Personally speaking, I’ve never had an FB account, but my partner has showed me enough to let me see that I made what I still believe to be the right choice.

That’s not to knock FB in any way, but having seen it, I’d say that FB is just not my thing.

dieseldave:
Personally speaking, I’ve never had an FB account, but my partner has showed me enough to let me see that I made what I still believe to be the right choice.

That’s not to knock FB in any way, but having seen it, I’d say that FB is just not my thing.

+1 to that, only difference is a) my Wife doesn’t bother with FB or SM of any description and b) I used to have an FB account but found my own family irritating enough on it without getting involved with trucker related groups too!