moderators

whoever is in overall charge of this site needs to have a word with mike c,i posted a topic tonight about vacancies,yes I agree its boring but I only put on here what other drivers have put,and I do not expect to get a load of abuse about it [even though his swear words were blanked out its not the point]if his words were not blanked out then I think his reply would be absolutely disgusting and there should be no place for someone like that on this site

Oh come on Truckman, he only expressed his opinion. Just because he’s a mod don’t mean that he’s not entitled to one does it. At the end of the day this is a discussion forum where people can express freely differing views, after all if everyone agreed it’d be a crap forum and boring as ■■■■. Also on the suject of swearing, do you really object to swearing? I don’t believe for a minute that you do, and I believe that in your normal day that you, me and everyone who frequents here swears.

truckman020:
whoever is in overall charge of this site needs to have a word with mike c,i posted a topic tonight about vacancies,yes I agree its boring but I only put on here what other drivers have put,and I do not expect to get a load of abuse about it [even though his swear words were blanked out its not the point]if his words were not blanked out then I think his reply would be absolutely disgusting and there should be no place for someone like that on this site

of course the topic was boring…half the topics on here are so brain numbingly boring they defy description. ( whats the best satnav,best tv,what inverter,what to take on a overnight) newbies or not you have to be kidding me if you need to be asking stuff like that…i even put up a post about whats your most boring post youve seen,but it was so boring that nobody posted any boring posts on it because they were too boring to read or reply to,so if you remove the boring posts,and usually a good percentage of the other type i post her because the moderator dosent like it,( most people like them till they get removed though) then there wouldnt be any boring posts to comment on,and we would all need to comment on the few interesting posts like this one.,or is this a boring one,i forget because im bored typing this guff now and I can be bothered reading what I wrote…I daren’t write more or this one will get removed also…

wonder if anyones nosey enough to ask me what the rest of the post was going to be :slight_smile:

Moderators here are members of the website the same as everyone else, and are entitled to express their own opinions on topics posted, as long as they stay within the guidelines of acceptable content, just like anyone else.

Dry your eyes truckman

happysack:
Dry your eyes truckman

you are quite right about drying my eyes,i was laughing too much at mike c response to my boring post

dieseldog999:
wonder if anyones nosey enough to ask me what the rest of the post was going to be :slight_smile:

Reef:

dieseldog999:

class… :smiley:

truckman020:
whoever is in overall charge of this site needs to have a word with mike c,i posted a topic tonight about vacancies,yes I agree its boring but I only put on here what other drivers have put,

You only put what others have put? So you have seen all the other mind numbingly boring posts confirming that £7.50 PH is crap. Honestly, i try to get my head round it. You sit there see a job you don’t want, then post it to someone else who also probably doesn’t want it. And, best of all…someone needs a word with me ?

Mike-C:

truckman020:
whoever is in overall charge of this site needs to have a word with mike c,i posted a topic tonight about vacancies,yes I agree its boring but I only put on here what other drivers have put,

You only put what others have put? So you have seen all the other mind numbingly boring posts confirming that £7.50 PH is crap. Honestly, i try to get my head round it. You sit there see a job you don’t want, then post it to someone else who also probably doesn’t want it. And, best of all…someone needs a word with me ?

WOBBLE :grimacing:

Mike-C:

truckman020:

as I said before,you could quite as easily have replied a very boring post,instead you chose to go into a very childish rant,out of all the drivers that use this site its the first time I have seen such a childish response to a post,reply if you like,i will not as its getting boring now

Aye you are boring

Look, Mike C is a volunteer moderator and even if he doesn’t please all of the people all of the time, he does his best. I’ve had disagreements with him in the past but as I always say “The moderator may not always be right, but he is always the moderator”.

I was a TruckNet moderator for about four years in the dim and distant past, and believe me it is a pretty thankless task, I packed it in because I was so fed up with people constantly challenging my decisions after I had had a hard day’s work driving a truck. Just get over yourself.

Harry Monk:
I was a TruckNet moderator for about four years in the dim and distant past…

That’s some fall from grace; from moderator to person whose posts magically appear between other posts. :laughing:

Only if you start with the pre-supposition that being a TruckNet moderator is a “state of grace”. :unamused:

Are you still on the naughty step then Harry?

newmercman:
Are you still on the naughty step then Harry?

Yes, although it’s not a problem, other than being able to receive but unable to reply to private messages, which tends to seem a bit rude.

However I recently discovered that it’s possible to disable the facility for people to send me PMs, so I’ve done that and all is fine again.

You post quite a lot too, glad you don’t come on expats or I would spend half my time looking at your posts :laughing:

newmercman:
You post quite a lot too, glad you don’t come on expats or I would spend half my time looking at your posts :laughing:

I do occasionally drop in to the ex-pat forum and I do enjoy reading about the experiences of drivers working abroad. I don’t think I’ve ever posted there, and to be honest I probably never will but if I do ever consider emigrating then be prepared for a sharp uptick in pre-moderating duties. :wink: