Travis Perkins reversing upto a horse

It does make me smile all getting worked up about this incident. If he had pulled up in a motor and stabbed the rider nobody would of even batted an eye lid , it would not even make page 5 in a newspaper as it’s normal life. But reverse up to a horse my goodness pure evil.

Odd days:
It does make me smile all getting worked up about this incident. If he had pulled up in a motor and stabbed the rider nobody would of even batted an eye lid , it would not even make page 5 in a newspaper as it’s normal life. But reverse up to a horse my goodness pure evil.

Mate…if you think that’s “normal life” you’re seriously deluded.

Please accept my apologies, I now realise that all the stabbing etc we hear about is all fake news.

Odd days:
Please accept my apologies, I now realise that all the stabbing etc we hear about is all fake news.

Most stabbings are gang pond life on gang pond life, make no mistake if he had got out and stabbed the ■■■■■■■ the horse, many people would have…’ batted their eyelids’’ and it would be Item 1 News at Ten.
Unless you live in downtown Allepo or The Bronx mate, all that type of stuff could hardly be described as ‘‘Normal life’’.

robroy:
Most stabbings are gang pond life on gang pond life,

True, true. Even the largest gang out there, the Police, isn’t safe from stabby-stabby anymore.

TP driver is a total clown. Absolutely no need for that behaviour whatever happened.
As has been said most horse riders are friendly and courteous. I have always given horse riders stacks of room as I have seen the actions of a startled horse.
Some drivers dont allow them enough. A bit like cyclists really. Some drivers have no patience or understanding in these situations.

jakethesnake:
TP driver is a total clown. Absolutely no need for that behaviour whatever happened.
As has been said most horse riders are friendly and courteous.

Fact: The video shows only what appears to be part 2 of the encounter, there is clearly pre-history of the event yet we don’t get to read about it in the mrs’s post. That alone - trying to portray the other party in the worst possible light while making oneself out to be an angel, makes one an accomplished scumbag in my book. Driver wrong? 100%. Horse rider(s) innocent? Come on…What if she yelled at him “I hope your mother gets cancer!!” or similar. And then posts on FB and demands immediate attention/response from his company and wants him fired, lol. The tell tale signs of a friendly, generous, good soul. :unamused:

ETS:

jakethesnake:

Fact: The video shows only what appears to be part 2 of the encounter, there is clearly pre-history of the event yet we don’t get to read about it in the mrs’s post. That alone - trying to portray the other party in the worst possible light while making oneself out to be an angel, makes one an accomplished scumbag in my book. Driver wrong? 100%. Horse rider(s) innocent? Come on…What if she yelled at him “I hope your mother gets cancer!!” or similar. And then posts on FB and demands immediate attention/response from his company and wants him fired, lol. The tell tale signs of a friendly, generous, good soul. :unamused:

I think you are missing the point.The completely innocent party in this pathetic incident is the horse. It does not matter what the rider said to him, good or bad the driver should not have reversed back towards the horse. If he was that keen to speak he should have parked up safely and walked back to speak.

ETS:

Fact: I bet Travis Perkins wont release their version of events by the dash cam footage…

Colingl:

SJB:
It is not correct behaviour. I’m not sure it’s actually an offence though, he doesn’t drive at them. If he says his intention was to reverse back and have a conversation as they shouted something at him first then it’s unprofessional, maybe disciplinary worthy etc, but not exactly criminal?

Possibly not, but horses are unpredictable. I’ve seen horses who are sound in traffic, spook at the sound of an empty crisp packet blowing in the wind and vice versa. The outcome here could have very different. My own daughter has had a couple of close calls with cars. One in particular was so determined to get passed her, she nearly ended up with an 18.2 hand horse sitting on her bonnet! All that driver needed to do was wait 30 seconds and she would have got passed safely.

The story in this case, as I understand it, is the TP wagon came down the road at speed and went through the gap between the parked cars and the 2 riders. The riders indicated for the driver to slow down. I assume by waving thier arms up and down. TP driver then reversed back up the road.

A year or so ago I did a day delivering to TP sites. They were total r soles so it doesn’t surprise me. Obnoxious t*ats. Seemed to think that everyone should know how their yard worked and very rude and aggressive about it. Well there is the expression thick as a brick.

Just have to add that this is the best title for a thread ever

ETS:

jakethesnake:

So a grown adult, presumably a man, has used their large vehicle to intimidate a young girl or woman. Circumstances be damned, that shouldn’t happen.

Bewick covered it pretty well.

I have no problems with horse riders, although one gave me evil looks yesterday; I slowed down and crept past her but I think the fridge/freezer running worried her (the horse wasn’t a bit bothered).

Sand Fisher:

Colingl:

SJB:
It is not correct behaviour. I’m not sure it’s actually an offence though, he doesn’t drive at them. If he says his intention was to reverse back and have a conversation as they shouted something at him first then it’s unprofessional, maybe disciplinary worthy etc, but not exactly criminal?

Possibly not, but horses are unpredictable. I’ve seen horses who are sound in traffic, spook at the sound of an empty crisp packet blowing in the wind and vice versa. The outcome here could have very different. My own daughter has had a couple of close calls with cars. One in particular was so determined to get passed her, she nearly ended up with an 18.2 hand horse sitting on her bonnet! All that driver needed to do was wait 30 seconds and she would have got passed safely.

The story in this case, as I understand it, is the TP wagon came down the road at speed and went through the gap between the parked cars and the 2 riders. The riders indicated for the driver to slow down. I assume by waving thier arms up and down. TP driver then reversed back up the road.

I had the misfortune to be a TP customer a few years ago.

Park in yard, go into shop. “I need ■■■ (lengths of timber, bags of sand and cement) etc.”

“Well go and see Sid in the yard…you need him to fill out a chitty.”

Eventually manage to trap Sid and his forklift in a corner of the yard, but only by hiding behind a rack of fence panels until he drove past, then blocking his exit…he kept driving away when he saw me. Tell Sid what I want, and ask him about the prices of two different types of treated timber.

“Dunno, mate… Ask in the shop. I ain’t got the price.”

Eventually get a chitty filled out, and take it into the shop. Place chitty on counter, wait for bloke in office to finish drinking coffee and reading the paper and he sullenly comes out and takes my money and gives me a receipt.

“Great, can I load up now?”

“Nah, you’ve got to see Sid in the yard. Show him the receipt.”

Oh, great…ambush Sid by climbing up onto a pallet of blocks and lying down until he drives past, then do a ninja leap down beside the forklift. Thrust receipt into his hand.

“Yer, just help yerself, whatever.”

I’v never known a business where spending money was quite so difficult.

A year or so ago I did a day delivering to TP sites. They were total r soles so it doesn’t surprise me. Obnoxious t*ats. Seemed to think that everyone should know how their yard worked and very rude and aggressive about it. Well there is the expression thick as a brick.

I always stop and switch off the engine when i see a horse. I do a fair amount of farms and countryside garden centres. Plus, gives you more time to look at the women riding it, majority of the ones iv seen are decent. Wouldn’t look twice at a peasant lorry driver like myself tho :laughing: TP driver is a ■■■■ for doing that, expect no less from a van driver tho :wink:

Just diverging slightly but on the subject of TP I couldnt agree more. Theres nothing about them that is pleasurable and that’s from both delivering to branches and to their (Northampton) RDC.

I hope they go out of business.

Well the rider obviously wasnt too worried about the horse acting suddenly and unpredictably since she managed to hold onto her phone with one hand the entire time…

toonsy:
Just diverging slightly but on the subject of TP I couldnt agree more. Theres nothing about them that is pleasurable and that’s from both delivering to branches and to their (Northampton) RDC.

Yep, hate going there.
They come out with their little signs at the front of your cab, with their plastic chains. :smiley:
They won’t let you sit in your cab, and they tell you to wear a hard hat…even though no ■■■■ else is wearing one,… what’s that all about. :unamused:

robroy:

toonsy:

Yep, hate going there.
They come out with their little signs at the front of your cab, with their plastic chains. :smiley:
They won’t let you sit in your cab, and they tell you to wear a hard hat…even though no [zb] else is wearing one,… what’s that all about. :unamused:

What about the dozens of bays that could be utilised? Oh no they can’t because they park their double decks (with no rear door) up against them :unamused:

Or the relay of marshalls at 100 yard intervals and all say "drive to the next one mate’ in fear actually making a decision :open_mouth: