What was this trucker thinking ?!

dropbox.com/s/5v2b67gz6jqbu … 9%2057.mov

Apologies if posted already

VIDEO NOW DELETED

I think the driver said what i was thinking.

He must have been inches away from that bloke

He wasn’t thinking anything was he, damned lucky for those on the hard shoulder :open_mouth:

ROG:
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Apologies if posted already

Not unusual to see here. That’s how a large number of UK truckers merge onto the carriageway from slip roads from what I’ve seen lately.

That’s dangerous driving, I’d be trying to gather a date on that and hand it to police.

Thinking about something other then driving by the looks off it I watched it twice I thought he was driving on the hard shoulder but thought not a chance second watch yep he did what a ■■■■

stagedriver:
That’s dangerous driving, I’d be trying to gather a date on that and hand it to police.

It was the police filming it if you listen to the audio.

JESUS H !!! :open_mouth:

Rob K:

stagedriver:

I doubt it.

:open_mouth: Fuuu…
What a knob.

I don’t often say this, but I hope they catch the prick if they haven’t already :imp:

Offftfttftftftftf :open_mouth:

Was that the rozzers filming, what was that neee naw kinda of a sound at the end of the vid?

Rob K:

stagedriver:

Sounds like radio 2 to me

the footage looks to be from ‘witness’ an iphone app that works a bit like roadhawk.

mickyblue:

Rob K:

stagedriver:

I doubt it.

So what’s with the siren then? :unamused:

stagedriver:

Should think rogs’ already got that covered… This time hopefully.

Rob K:

mickyblue:

Rob K:

stagedriver:

I doubt it.

Sat nav speed camera warning, mine does a submarine collision type sound. :laughing:

limeyphil:

Rob K:

mickyblue:

Rob K:

stagedriver:

I doubt it.

Sat nav speed camera warning, mine does a submarine collision type sound. :laughing:

I think you’re right there, My Tomtom is set to make the same sound to warn of a speed camera.

Have to admit I didn’t connect the sound until you mentioned it though :blush: :slight_smile:

It seems to be a similar situation to this issue.Tailgating traffic in lane 1 obstructing traffic from being able to merge safely from entry slip roads.At least this topic shows that using the hard shoulder if someone runs out of slip road isn’t an option.Which just leaves the choice of stop and having traffic having to enter motorways from a standstill.While just like in the previous case it was tailgating by the vehicle with the camera in lane 1 that contributed to the problem. :unamused:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97066&hilit=slip+road#p1422984

In which case as I’ve said previously it would be better to remove the traffic having to give way at slip roads rule to one of zip merging applies.Especially as drivers don’t seem to have a clue about the importance of leaving sufficient seperation distance for traffic to merge at entry slip roads. :bulb:

That is Frenchman.

Years ago a certain Rene Blanc made the same move & wiped out a whole family broke down on the hard shoulder. He was fined something like £100 & stood outside the court laughing,saying." British justice is wonderful."& left for France.