What was this trucker thinking ?!

harry:
That is Frenchman.

Years ago a certain Rene Blanc made the same move & wiped out a whole family broke down on the hard shoulder. He was fined something like £100 & stood outside the court laughing,saying." British justice is wonderful."& left for France.

Harry I think you will find that he was a Belgian.
But no matter where he comes from, still a Cupid Stunt

Google the name and it comes up as dutch!

A Dutchman, a Belgium and a Frenchman all walk into a bar… :laughing:

merc0447:

And your point is :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Perfect example of why you shouldn’t sit in your car on the the hard shoulder with walleys like this about.

Actions like this should be dealt with by a roadside 15 min tasering then have his licence removed right there and then .

Is it me? can noone else hear the idiot filming this? you aint coming in front of me, with added expletives, then if you watch his speed he’s accelerating and has closed up the gap, not saying the truck was in the right, but the other driver was being an ahole.

It’s a great shame that idiots like this are allowed to drive and it’s a bloody good job the two vehicles on the shoulder were parked well over to the left. If they’d had stopped in the middle of it (like most hard shoulder dwellers do) that would have been a very different video indeed. :open_mouth:

ashbyspannerman:
Is it me? can noone else hear the idiot filming this? you aint coming in front of me, with added expletives, then if you watch his speed he’s accelerating and has closed up the gap,

There wasn’t a sufficient seperation distance on the approach to an entry sliproad left there anyway let alone then deliberately closing it up even more to stop merging traffic.

The question for ROG is who’s to blame in the situation whereby someone does the same thing on a single carriageway road while being overtaken resulting in a head on.Especially in the case of that type of video evidence showing obvious tailgating together with the driver’s satement of intent of closing the gap :question: .

pierrot 14:

harry:
That is Frenchman.

Years ago a certain Rene Blanc made the same move & wiped out a whole family broke down on the hard shoulder. He was fined something like £100 & stood outside the court laughing,saying." British justice is wonderful."& left for France.

Harry I think you will find that he was a Belgian.
But no matter where he comes from, still a Cupid Stunt

Apologies, looks like a Belgian reg firm Gillemot owned by a Dutch outfit Rotra ? Vive la France !

Why has the video now been deleted ?

Or is it just me being fick :blush:

shade:
Why has the video now been deleted ?

Or is it just me being fick :blush:

Probably because the stupid zb who made it has suddenly realised that it was evidence of dangerous driving on his part. :bulb:

Strange why ROG hasn’t answered the question as to why he seems to think that it was the truck driver in that case who was to blame while saying nothing about the tailgating zb who deliberately closed the door on merging traffic with the audio evidence to prove it.

Carryfast:
The question for ROG is who’s to blame in the situation whereby someone does the same thing on a single carriageway road while being overtaken resulting in a head on.Especially in the case of that type of video evidence showing obvious tailgating together with the driver’s satement of intent of closing the gap :question: .

Blame would be apportioned depending on the actual circumstances - the first of which would be looking at why they started to overtake and then looking at what happened once it had started

In the video (now gone) the LGV had plenty of time to ease off but chose not to

How many of us would have chosen to do what the artic driver did in that situation ?

About 90% of us according to another thread.

kjw21:
About 90% of us according to another thread.

90% of truckers reckon that or 90% of car drivers ?

Not sure - juries out on where this “fact” came from! At the moment a family fortunes survey is in the lead.

ROG:

Carryfast:

Blame would be apportioned depending on the actual circumstances - the first of which would be looking at why they started to overtake and then looking at what happened once it had started

In the video (now gone) the LGV had plenty of time to ease off but chose not to

How many of us would have chosen to do what the artic driver did in that situation ?

Trust me ROG in the case of an overtaking manouvre failing because the driver/s of the vehicle/s being overtaken decided to close up the gap/s between them on the basis of zb you you’re not getting back in ahead of me then that’s not the fault of the overtaking/merging driver.

So you’re saying that the drivers of vehicles entering from slip roads have to back off and inevitably stop because they’ve run out of slip road all because of a load of tailgating zb’s in lane 1 all saying zb you you’re not merging ahead of me. :unamused: Bearing in mind that there didn’t seem to be any evidence that backing off if this case would have solved anything because there were probably loads of other tailgating vehicles which left no gap to merge into.The fact is that video was evidence of dangerous driving on the part of the zb who made it in just the same way that a head on caused by the same scenario taking place on a single carriageway by obstruction of an overtaking vehicle returning to the correct side of the road would be.Which is probably why the stupid zb took it down. :bulb:

Carryfast:
So you’re saying that the drivers of vehicles entering from slip roads have to back off and inevitably stop because they’ve run out of slip road…

The situation is a barsteward alright but, if you look down at the road markings and what they are telling you, I think they would correctly answer your question C/F. :wink:

It’shard enough entering a busy motorway or dc without some idiot closing the gap, especially driving a left ■■■■■■!

Gently easing over the line if nobody is being helpful would be the way to do it

pierrot 14:

merc0447:

And your point is :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

You’d think at least one of the idiots would have seen it.