Travis Perkins reversing upto a horse

Why didn’t the driver just park up on the left and walk down to speak to them if there was an issue?

If I meet a horse on a country lane I just pull to one side and switch the engine off and let them pass, if the air tank dumps air it spooks horses no end so safest option is to switch it off let them get so far clear and then move away, more often than not the horse rider will draw level, pass on their thanks, wish me a good day as I do to them and we both move on our way with minimal stress/hassle. If I have to overtake a horse I wait for instructions from the rider, follow at a safe distance until they pull to one side and if they wave you on then pass wide and slow.

Yeah completely agree, no matter how ■■■■■■ off you get with people giving you verbal, spooking a horse with a rider on it is a one way ticket to a career ender.

Rickers:
Yeah completely agree, no matter how ■■■■■■ off you get with people giving you verbal, spooking a horse with a rider on it is a one way ticket to a career ender.

And rightly so. I’ll put my tin hat on for this but I’m going to say it because it’s my opinion and I don’t frankly care what others on here think of said opinion. I hope he does get the sack for it. Professional driver should be able to rise above stuff on the road and carry on. Also should be able to be patient enough to pass a horse in a manner which is laid out quite clearly in the Highway Code.

I’m just irked because a horse can ■■■ on a public road and leave it and its fine but when I do it its not :unamused:

Rickers:

Exactly, the driver is a prick.
The young kid probably did ■■■■ him off by giving him verbal, but that’s the thing…a young kid, he is supposed to be a pro driver ffs, that kid could have been chucked off the horse, and he would have been in deep ■■■■.
If he did feel the need to confront her, stop the ■■■■ truck and get out! :bulb:
But …would he do that, (or more so what he did actually do) if it was a 6.’ 6 bloke astride the horse…maybe not eh :unamused:

Yep…he should be sacked end of, I know he aint driving a ‘real’ truck :laughing: , but this sort of bad press, just goes to maintain our downright ■■■■ poor crap rep with the public.

toonsy:
I’m just irked because a horse can ■■■ on a public road and leave it and its fine but when I do it its not :unamused:

:laughing:

but then would anybody go out and collect yours to put on their roses. :laughing:

muckles:

toonsy:

but then would anybody go out and collect yours to put on their roses. :laughing:

Well it’s full of goodness, just like horse manure.

Or at least it is when I pick it up and go through it again. It’s amazing how well structured sweetcorn is…

as usual your all commenting on 30 seconds of video that pippa or amelia chooses to display.
theres no saying as to what happened beforehand other than the t/p dude must have had reason to reverse towards miss entitled…horse riders are generally similar to the helmet cam cyclist road commanders that are so evenly balanced they have a chip on each shoulder.
theres no saying they wernt in the wrong by keeping coming as t/p drove down past the parked cars ect,but as soon as the lefty tree huggers comment on faceache then the fannies get given credit and everyone bows down to appease them.
horses belong in fields…theres no purpose for them to be on a paved road other than to cause dangerous situations for proper road users.

dieseldog999:
as usual your all commenting on 30 seconds of video that pippa or amelia chooses to display.
theres no saying as to what happened beforehand other than the t/p dude must have had reason to reverse towards miss entitled…horse riders are generally similar to the helmet cam cyclist road commanders that are so evenly balanced they have a chip on each shoulder.
theres no saying they wernt in the wrong by keeping coming as t/p drove down past the parked cars ect,but as soon as the lefty tree huggers comment on faceache then the fannies get given credit and everyone bows down to appease them.
horses belong in fields…theres no purpose for them to be on a paved road other than to cause dangerous situations for proper road users.

No sorry! I would feel the same whatever it was, as I said in my first post on this I’m sure it was something to do with her giving him some verbal before hand, but if that was a problem, he or she sould have stopped and got out of the cab and walked back to explain the error of her ways, not reverse a truck towards them.

toonsy:

muckles:

toonsy:

Well it’s full of goodness, just like horse manure.

Or at least it is when I pick it up and go through it again. It’s amazing how well structured sweetcorn is…

Feeling a bit queasy now. :open_mouth: :laughing:

muckles:

dieseldog999:

No sorry! I would feel the same whatever it was, as I said in my first post on this I’m sure it was something to do with her giving him some verbal before hand, but if that was a problem, he or she sould have stopped and got out of the cab and walked back to explain the error of her ways, not reverse a truck towards them.

^^^^^^^^^hindsight is a great thing…and he wasnt exactly close to her ,but no doubt if he didnt pass them getting agg then there would have been no reversing.
just another snotty cow not liking the result from her actions to me…nothing to lose sleep over though… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Yes there’s too many other road users that definitely go out looking to insight something they can film ,they want the camera taking off them and good smack in the gob .

DD mate, it does not matter a ■■■■ what she said or did to ■■■■ him off.
I agree some of these types have their head up their arses and give off an air of superiority, the Lady of the Manor looking down her snout at the common lorry driver, I’ve had it myself at least once on backroads in Devon,. (although I must say that 99.9% of people on horse are nothing but friendly and courteous when you show them some condideration.)

To add a bit of drama here…, say that his bleepers and the size of the vehicle coming towrds the horse made it throw her and she suffered life changing injuries, it would bring on a lot of grief for that driver…he’s supposed to be a pro ffs, and should have known better.
As my Granda used to say on these occasions, ‘‘Horses used the roas first’’ :bulb:

dieseldog999:

muckles:

^^^^^^^^^hindsight is a great thing…and he wasnt exactly close to her ,but no doubt if he didnt pass them getting agg then there would have been no reversing.
just another snotty cow not liking the result from her actions to me…nothing to lose sleep over though… :smiley:

Hindsight is a great thing, I thought the same thing myself many years ago, when I was sacked for hitting some mechanic, with hindsight I shouldn’t have done it in front of a load of people. However I did and I faced the consequences.

Really does beggar belief in a supposedly profeshnul driver forum,even taking into account the false bravado of the 'crack to the mat’brigade,to be endorsing the use of a hgv as a weapon towards a vulnerable road user,no doubt the building supplies were vital,or bloke was wanting early finish,but as in much of society today,the use of the roads brings such polarised views,least little things puts people off the deep end,give over looking at other road users as the enemy,reduce your blood pressure n stress,only a fool,let’s another fool,drag them down to their level

robroy:
DD mate, it does not matter a [zb] what she said or did to ■■■■ him off.
I agree some of these types have their head up their arses and give off an air of superiority, the Lady of the Manor looking down her snout at the common lorry driver, I’ve had it myself at least once on backroads in Devon,. (although I must say that 99.9% of people on horse are nothing but friendly and courteous when you show them some consideration.)

To add a bit of drama here…, say that his bleepers and the size of the vehicle coming towrds the horse made it throw her and she suffered life changing injuries, it would bring on a lot of grief for that driver…he’s supposed to be a pro ffs, and should have known better.
As my Grandma used to say on these occasions, ‘‘Horses used the roads first’’ :bulb:

My experience too… and I probably do more miles than most on country lanes where you’re more likely to find them.

I stop, switch the engine off and let them pass me; takes only a minute, and if the nag still kicks off you’re competely in the right. All our lorries are fitted with cameras so that’s another reason to do the job correctly.

If one does ride past without at least a nod (usually cos the horse is still spooky and they’re concentrating on getting past me) I wait till they’re away from the lorry. open the window and then say loudly, “You’re welcome” whilst they’re still within earshot before starting up and driving off.

That TP Driver is a ■■■■ and should be given “The Bullet” and lose his licence for a bit ! It’s not the sometimes stuck up ■■■■ that might be riding the horse that I’m sorry for but it is the Horse, it dosen’t understand what is happening, it’s first thought is to flee from any danger and when a stupid ■■■■ like the TP driver pulls a stroke like that anything can happen even in the case of what could be termed a “Bomb proof horse” as there is no such thing. ! ■■■■■■■ disgusting video it really was ! rant over ! Cheers Bewick.

dieseldog999:

Oh this, so much! 21st century, on the roads we have electric, self driving cars…and HORSES?!

What about donkeys or camels, they can be ridden too. Or an ostrich, I want to get an ostrich and ride it on the weekends on the public roads. I promise to abide by all rules, honest! Just don’t spook it or it will be your fault if anything happens to me!

ETS:

dieseldog999:

Oh this, so much! 21st century, on the roads we have electric, self driving cars…and HORSES?!

What about donkeys or camels, they can be ridden too. Or an ostrich, I want to get an ostrich and ride it on the weekends on the public roads. I promise to abide by all rules, honest! Just don’t spook it or it will be your fault if anything happens to me!

If you can walk an emu, you’re halfway there
youtu.be/ZdUoZJvdipA

idrive:
If you can walk an emu, you’re halfway there
youtu.be/ZdUoZJvdipA

You thnik I’m jokeing?