There really are some bellends behind the wheel

I had some ■■■■ in a car doing something like 52mph on the a1. So i overtake him then he decides to speed up and sit on the inside of my trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly my point about 60mph limits due to air quality, it’s got 4 lanes of traffic all bunched up with Aunt Mabel 3 foot away from a super single for 8 miles.

Car speedometers are not calibrated and a set of new or worn tyres can make 2mph difference to a lorry tachograph.

DickyNick:
I’m in lane 1 of the M6 last night at Lymme where it’s 50mph. I’m doing 50, a car is in lane 2 about half way down my trailer also doing 50 or 51 with other cars in front of that one, an artic comes up behind the car probably on his limiter, comes about a foot from the back of the car flashing his lights at it. Where did he want the want the car to go? Car is already going at the speed limit, couldn’t move back in lane one because of me, and why should he be bullied into lane 3 to then get undertaken by a truck who want to go above the temporary speed limit. It’s no wonder why we are hated by car drivers I tell you.

I had the same thing happen to me when going down to Cornwall in May with my family… roadworks m6 s/b cheshire .
I’m in my car doing about 50 /52 , middle lane with artics beside me, next thing is a McBurney’s Liverpool based volvo right up my arse flashing his lights and blowing his horn…
Did I react ? NO… I just carried on at the set speed…
several miles further on he pulls into the left lane , then into Sandbach services…
so was he desperate for a number 2 ?
or was he going to replace his headlight bulbs ■■

Just to add another slant on this topic, I find a lot of the time that HGV’s just indicate & then pull out regardless of you flashing them out or not & regardless of the fact that your about 20 feet away from them & you then have to put the brakes on to let them in, I find this a very selfish attitude & not in keeping with the old camaraderie that used to be the norm.

I try my best not to be one but failed once !

Just wanna big up the fellow professional who forced me onto the hard shoulder in high wind and driving rain, this morning, in his haste to get fron the M1 to the M25. Just after he’d managed to push a few cars out of the way for good measure, he realised that he actually wanted to go anti-clockwise and the whole manouevre was pointless, as there were two clear lanes to use.

The other Sunday morning, ■■■■■■■ down with rain, I pulled out of Thorpe on the Hill services in my van and headed towards Newark on the A46 at a steady 55 mph and an empty artic bulker followed me happily for a couple of miles and then decided to overtake, not a problem. I flashed him in, and then had to brake almost immediately as he suddenly indicated left and pulled off at a junction. A Lincoln based unit so he knew the road, maybe he just HAD to get past me no matter what or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe his instructions had suddenly changed? :confused:

Pete.

windrush:
The other Sunday morning, ■■■■■■■ down with rain, I pulled out of Thorpe on the Hill services in my van and headed towards Newark on the A46 at a steady 55 mph and an empty artic bulker followed me happily for a couple of miles and then decided to overtake, not a problem. I flashed him in, and then had to brake almost immediately as he suddenly indicated left and pulled off at a junction. A Lincoln based unit so he knew the road, maybe he just HAD to get past me no matter what or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe his instructions had suddenly changed? :confused:

Pete.

Anticipation is a skill that some never seem to learn or are they just impatient? Either way it adds up to bad driving. :unamused:

Another bellend this morning in the form of a Fowler Welch ‘‘driver’’ hogging the middle lane (overtaking ■■■■ all) sat at 40/ 44 mph in the 50 roadworks M6 Sandbach/Stafford area, and just sat there…and sat. :smiling_imp:
I know the limit not target thing before anybody jumps…, but ffs, he had a stream of traffic behind him, with not anybody brave enough to undertake him between him and the concrete barrier,… including me.

What happened to the days when HGV middle lane hogging was never seen, and all trucks kept left unless overtaking as a matter of course. :question:
It’s bad enough cars having no lane discipline but now we have the Knob heads with blagged Class 1s joining em. :unamused:

robroy:
Another bellend this morning in the form of a Fowler Welch ‘‘driver’’ hogging the middle lane (overtaking [zb] all) sat at 40/ 44 mph in the 50 roadworks M6 Sandbach/Stafford area, and just sat there…and sat. :smiling_imp:
I know the limit not target thing before anybody jumps…, but ffs, he had a stream of traffic behind him, with not anybody brave enough to undertake him between him and the concrete barrier,… including me.

What happened to the days when HGV middle lane hogging was never seen, and all trucks kept left unless overtaking as a matter of course. :question:
It’s bad enough cars having no lane discipline but now we have the Knob heads with blagged Class 1s joining em. :unamused:

Fowler Welch will no doubt be one of those EE drivers you think are so good.

robthedog:

robroy:
Another bellend this morning in the form of a Fowler Welch ‘‘driver’’ hogging the middle lane (overtaking [zb] all) sat at 40/ 44 mph in the 50 roadworks M6 Sandbach/Stafford area, and just sat there…and sat. :smiling_imp:

I think are so good?? …Yeh?? :laughing:

Not at all mate, they have their share of dicks as much as the Brits do .
I just don’t subscribe to the popular theory on here,…which is that they (and every other European nationality for that matter…that aint Brit :unamused: ) are ALL ■■■■ drivers, and are wholly responsible for all the crap and mess left for instance, and every other ■■■■ thing wrong with this job…as many do on here. :unamused:

robroy:

robthedog:

robroy:

I just don’t subscribe to the popular theory on here,…which is that they (and every other European nationality for that matter…that aint Brit :unamused: ) are ALL [zb] drivers, and are wholly responsible for all the crap and mess left for instance, and every other [zb] thing wrong with this job…as many do on here. :unamused:

You might be right that there not responsible for everything, but what ive seem of them I reckon there responsible for 90 percent of it.

robthedog:

robroy:

robthedog:

robroy:

I just don’t subscribe to the popular theory on here,…which is that they (and every other European nationality for that matter…that aint Brit :unamused: ) are ALL [zb] drivers, and are wholly responsible for all the crap and mess left for instance, and every other [zb] thing wrong with this job…as many do on here. :unamused:

You might be right that there not responsible for everything, but what ive seem of them I reckon there responsible for 90 percent of it.

Well we can all pluck random figures out of the air can’t we, it don’t make them accurate.
As far as I’m concerned a driver is a driver, and nationality has ■■■■ all to do with it, proven by the number of home grown dicks, or do you not notice them among the foreign dicks?

There is no shortage of homegrown dicks, that’s for sure. I think it’s just different styles of dickishness that makes the trackies stand out.

Queuing, for example: as a nation, we love a queue. We’re unusual in that. You must admit that our imports are no good at it, that’s not our problem. Live here, you live by our rules and vice-versa.

UK ■■■■ in queue for window, will sigh and tut.

Imported ■■■■, will “not realise” there is a queue.

UK ■■■■, watching someone reversing into a tight spot, will sit with arms folded, theatrically yawning.

Imported ■■■■, doing the same, will drive up to reversing lorry and squeeze past in a rush to nowhere.

Dicks come in different flavours, you see :laughing:

On the subject of bellends behind the wheel…

Van driver narrowly misses becoming a pancake thanks to quick reactions of the lorry driver…
apple.news/AN4RPVoy1QpG_q5o2jM_yWQ

I’ll let the following speak for itself too…

Who was at fault? You decide…

Drempels:

I’ll take your word for that one mate. :laughing:

robroy:

Drempels:

I’ll take your word for that one mate. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mardybum:
On the subject of bellends behind the wheel…

Van driver narrowly misses becoming a pancake thanks to quick reactions of the lorry driver…
apple.news/AN4RPVoy1QpG_q5o2jM_yWQ

I’ll let the following speak for itself too…

Who was at fault? You decide…

If only it could, I can’t make head nor tail of the writing.