car drivers

other drivers probably get this as well,driving today in the roadworks on the M5 where the central reservation is being done,i was sitting comfortably at 48/49mph when a car goes by about 55mph,nice and clear on his lane in front, I am not allowed in the second lane as it is 6,6,what does he do, pulls into the lane I am in and proceeds to slow to 45mph,i then have to reduce to 40mph,i swear to god these car drivers do it to wind us up,i know all about the lane discipline thing and he done the correct thing by keeping left but to reduce to 45mph when its a 50mph is kind of stupid,not content with that he then brakes to let vehicles in joining from an entry ramp,totally oblivious to whats behind him,also waving his hands about talking to his passenger

truckman020:
,also waving his hands about talking to his passenger

^^^^^^ therein lies the problem! The actual physical act of driving is way down his list of priorities, he has far more things to think about that are more important than the smelly juggernaut filling his mirrors.

I overtook the same taxi on the M6 today 5 times, clear road, I’m empty on cruise and never touched a pedal yet he sees the truck in front and his brain tells him he “must” get past it even though he doesn’t want to travel as fast as 53 mph,so he passes me and within 200 yards has eased off the gas. :imp:

Does my head in when people brake to let vehicles join the motorway. Its not rocket science to notice that its a give way.

Fu*king Christians.

the maoster:

truckman020:

^^^^^^ therein lies the problem! The actual physical act of driving is way down his list of priorities, he has far more things to think about that are more important than the smelly juggernaut filling his mirrors.

I overtook the same taxi on the M6 today 5 times, clear road, I’m empty on cruise and never touched a pedal yet he sees the truck in front and his brain tells him he “must” get past it even though he doesn’t want to travel as fast as 53 mph,so he passes me and within 200 yards has eased off the gas. :imp:

Half the population have an IQ less than average, many haven’t enough brain power to observe other traffic and talk at the same time.
The other problem is that many car drivers don’t realise their speedometer is a few miles an hour optimistic, so will go slower than the limit thinking they are up to it. (I checked my car by SatNav on a straight level road, its just 2 mph fast at all speeds from 30 to 70)

the maoster:

truckman020:

^^^^^^ therein lies the problem!

Even if there wasn’t a passenger they’d still do it, fu*king idiots:!:

Buckstones:
Half the population have an IQ less than average, many haven’t enough brain power to observe other traffic and talk at the same time.

+1

Buckstones:
The other problem is that many car drivers don’t realise their speedometer is a few miles an hour optimistic, so will go slower than the limit thinking they are up to it.

I once go grassed up for speeding through the M1 roadworks around Woburn a few years ago, they checked my speed on the tracker & it was 49/50mph in & out the other end…

Buckstones:
(I checked my car by SatNav on a straight level road, its just 2 mph fast at all speeds from 30 to 70)

I think Sat Nav speed is a gps speed being indicated, gps is prone to errors too, just like the indicated speed on the speedo…

Unfortunately many car drivers also drive 5mph ish under the limit anyway(preasumably in case they go over), resulting in what they think is 45mph is actually 42 :stuck_out_tongue: On regular speed limit stretches I start to pass cars sometimes doing 45-50 but its like it jolts them awake and makes them look at the speedo and realise how slow they are going!!

Re the sat nav indicated speed. My old Tom Tom said 90 mph while the speedo in the car read 97. I know for a fact the sat nav was 100% as the police radar gun that caught me read exactly the same. A9 near Dalwhinnie. :cry: £300 plus 5 points :cry: :cry:

raymundo:
Tom Tom said 90 mph while the speedo in the car read 97.

:open_mouth:

Yeah, car drivers, huh? No better than the numpty driving the T.O.M. artic northbound on the M80 at 9 this morning. At one point I’m sure he was deliberately blocking the road alongside the tipper in the inside lane, who was minding his own business.

Mind you, the situation wasn’t helped by the frustrated Transit driver who drove up the inside lane and sat behind the tipper, thus preventing T.O.M. from pulling back into the inside lane.

Supposed ‘professional’ drivers who can’t estimate speeds. T.O.M. certainly was no ambassador for the hgv driving fraternity.

Bike, car, van, bus or lorry… seems to be a progressive decline in the quality of peoples driving these days, people in such a darn rush…women in big ■■■■ off 4x4’s on the school runs with out any idea of the size of what they are driving, spaces you could fit a artic through and they cant even get there cars through… bus drivers that just seem to point and shoot out the bus stops and I ask ya… they build a decent size layby for buses to pull in and the ■■■■■■■ still cant park parallel… :smiling_imp:
The drivers that don’t like the fact that actually your driving at the speed limit and they persist on driving close behind you, like your in the wrong… can be funny though like the other day I had one of these knobs tailgating me, so I indicated to show I was pulling in and he launched pass me at speed on the road up to the school…petty he didn’t notice the camera van…Gotcha MF :laughing:

Then these the motorways, idiots that cut in last minute…ie 200 / 300 yard counts … to bleeding lazy to get in the proper lane earlier, even though they’ve been passed a junction board a mile or so back…causing you slow down and brake …knock on effect… then there’s the tossers that join the motorways … seem to think they can just race down the slip road and then ■■■■ about trying to accomplish a basic manoeuvre lane and they seem to be under this impression that they’ve got to let them in… then there’s the race for the middle and outside lane…

But I keep to the speed limits, If I’m late then I’m late, haven’t been coz I leave sufficient time …they wanna get themselves hurt through speeding, being on a mobile, that’s there business just feel sorry for the poor gits that get dragging into it when a accident does happen

My personal pet hate is the prats who speed up, then slow down when they’re alongside your trailer. I’m convinced people don’t know what to do when they see a lorry on the road.
And as for 4x4’s, is it me or are they getting bigger? Stuck in traffic the other day when one pulls alongside me, the driver was at practically the same height as I was in my truck! Thing is, I had to pass extra tests to drive my large vehicle, they can take their test in a metro or whatever then get on the road in something like that!

The-Snowman:

raymundo:
Tom Tom said 90 mph while the speedo in the car read 97.

:open_mouth:

It’s a BMW so what else would you expect ? :laughing: but the indicators work :slight_smile:

raymundo:
It’s a BMW so what else would you expect ? :laughing: but the indicators work :slight_smile:

:laughing:

Swampey2418… Don’t let ajt (from the ‘Countdown to 50’ thread) see your post…he’ll blow a pipe if he thinks you’re holding him up because you don’t wanna speed! :laughing:

Buckstones:
Half the population have an IQ less than average,

but 90% of the population believe that they are better than average drivers.

I know I dont drive an LGV yet but when driving for my job 3.5 tonne supermarket delivery van.
We are limited to 58 mph on the speedo which is about 55-56mph on the GPS.

We seem to get idiots pulling out onto us on the A38 and trying to bully us into the overtaking lane.
Another one is when the road is clear and you pull out so people can come off onto the A38 they will sit at your speed limiter so you cannot get back in then they start shaking there fists at you.

Another one is when driving along a single carriageway road they will overtake then slow right down but the vans have no power to overtake so we are stuck behind dawdling people.

This ties in with the tractor threads on here…
I was driving our JCB back from a job a couple of weeks ago and have a queue behind me because grandad in his (yes you’ve guessed it) Rover 45 is right up behind me and cannot see that it there is no oncoming traffic to stop him overtaking me.
Nice wide straight A road, me right close to the kerb trying to wave the coffin dodger past and he’s just sat there, comatose expression as if he’s just heard that Werthers’ Originals have gone up in price.
Then there’s the self righteous retards who pull out infront of you in 30 limits and drive at less than 20 because they have a sticker that says “20 is plenty” in their back window.
Not forgetting the queue jumping police who block lane 2 as you approach the end of the A40 Witney Bypass.