Stuart taylor international

Go on YouTube great watch.

i ended up buying this old shagheap after it was flogged to death by taylors from smith bros…3 weeks later it went on fire…the story is on the posting about fire on the road…interesting when it happened,but thankfully a distant memory now… :slight_smile:

Murdoch real name Lee Truckall worked with him and some of ex Taylor’s for Peter Callow at CCTS

seen murdoch couple of mths back while in uk , was great to catch up after 15yrs recalling the gd ol days hes on with insight :smiley:

Stuart Taylor now sells rough terrain flail brush cutters I believe, funny old world Buzzer.

Steve did you work with la la

lol cant say i know a la la :smiley:

West Hallam Ram:

240 Gardner:

neilf:
I used to know quite a few of Taylors drivers and most were good lads although there was one who wasn’t a lad who often fell victim to runaway mouth syndrome…

I believe Mr Taylor spent some time at her majesty’s pleasure due to a some small CMR discrepancies. Basically he and a couple of his drivers failed to note down half a load of ■■■■ on a couple of occasions.

I remember the long distance diary in one of the truck mags and the journo tried in vain to make the twingo sound half decent but in reality it was gutless and all the drivers hated it.

Cheers
neilf

There was indeed an issue with HM Customs. However, I recall that the case never actually actually got to court, but it was too late by then for the business, which had folded. There were always LOTS of local rumours about the activities of Stuart Taylor International. The yard at Mellor Brook on the A59 is now occupied by Clarendon Haulage, who moved there from Ribchester.

Now, thats what I call a TWO dropper, half a trailer of ■■■■, and half a trailer of tomatoes, on the back end, just to make the whole fridge thing look authentic.

I think the helicopter gave away the game, otherwise, he may of got away with it, it had been going on long enough.

I never found a pack house in Spain that did “FRIGO ■■■■”, but he did.

Almeria way, me thinks !!!

Muchos, muchos gracias Stuart, el frigo ■■■ amigo !!!

Having read these letters or notes on the internet and I seemed to have found out more about myself than I new, as the ex owner of Stuart Taylor International I spent many happy years running trucks and meet many driver who became friends and a lot who did not of course, and the small minded ones should at least get there facts right before going to print, I never spent anytime in her majesties prisons or came anywhere near to doing so, as for the Helicopter that came in 1996 and was bought out of profits not out of smuggerling ■■■■, in the 90s as one of best international hauler of that time and where well-known for getting the job done, we where running over thirty trucks plus sub contractors, I will never forget a phone call from a very good friend of mine from Kinlochbervie who ask if we had moved our yard to Lochinver as there was twenty trucks lined up to load fresh fish for the French and Spanish markets that night.

Regarding the court case in January 2000, having sat in court for over 20 days the judge ordered a re-trail due to customs summing up and referring to other cases, we then had to wait twelve months for a retrial in the mean time all the PLC companies drop us like hot potatoes due to the high publicity and public interest, the case was re-assigned to January 2 2001 and after only four hour the judge threw out the case on the grounds that it should never have come to court and customs had to pay all legal fees, which where in excess of £200000

Well done 33stuO for getting your post across, a lot of people speculate without knowing the true facts. I met a few drivers from Taylers when I was doing Portugal for Brintons in the late 1990’s and found them to be nice guys.
Welcome to Trucknet. Liz

scanialady142:
Well done 33stuO for getting your post across, a lot of people speculate without knowing the true facts. I met a few drivers from Taylers when I was doing Portugal for Brintons in the late 1990’s and found them to be nice guys.
Welcome to Trucknet. Liz

and to you in the 90s it was tough to get on but the lads were good lads, un like many today

I remember them running very nice smart equipment .
Its a shame when these companies disappear due to what seems the chattering classes.
If you believe all the stories out there some drivers have never slept!

Some drivers never did sleep.When I drove for Jimmy Rawlings in the early seventies he had microwave cabs installed. You could then have eleven hours rest in thirty five minutes.

:arrow_right:

Well Stu now I know the facts I will take back what I posted about you and HM customs.

I hope you accept my apology but even you will agree that it was a fairly well known story regarding the demise Stuart Taylor International.

As I posted previously I ran with your Lads on many occasion down to spain and most were decent lads.

Cheers
Neilf

i will scan it again repost it so its bigger to read :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://uk.msnusers.com/33stu0/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=5

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the famous helicopter.

nice pic alex that link of stus has a couple of nice pics as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: