Anyone remember...?

what happened to…
RT Stewart (manningtree), used to do benelux/ germany/ scandinavia for Samson. I used to do same work. (although one of their drivers tried to convince me he’d been to far east overland, but didn’t really get any further that Holland! :unamused: )

UFO from Leeds? I ran a couple of times with a guy called Malcomb (wagon and drag) on Italian.

Sheddicks

Cadwallader

Lester O’Brian , a Leicester base owner driver with an ERF (early 1990’s) doing Italian for LKW Walters (same as me)

Anyone remember a company with white Iveco tractors pulling blue tilts, did a lot of animal skins to Vincenza for leather, stunk if you followed them!

Dave Goulding, o/driver did Italian in early 1990’s white Merc?

Also my mates dad, Derek Martin, did m/e for years in the 70/80’s? (now a cab driver in Eastbourne, just wondered if you knew him)

Cheers guys.

Sheddicks were bought By Norbert Dentressangle in the 90s, i think 1995.

Gill Sheddick is still closely involved in road transport through the FTA

brookie:
what happened to…
RT Stewart (manningtree), I remember them doing lift tanks from Felixstowe

UFO from Leeds? Expired in the early 80s iirc
Sheddicks = Norbert Dentressangle

Cadwallader = Truck & Trailer Sales

Lester O’Brian , a Leicester base owner driver with an ERF (early 1990’s) doing Italian for LKW Walters (same as me) Was that the guy who parked in Reg Morris yard?

Cheers guys.

Not sure where Lester parked his motor, but i know he lived in Leicester. I’m trying to find a pic i’ve got of him in Trento, loading radiators from De longhi’s.

Im pretty sure they had the truckstop on the A120 at Colchester (between Colchester and the clacton turn) Ihaven’t seen them there for a while though?

R T Steward AFAIK went bust a couple of years ago

Stupot:
R T Steward AFAIK went bust a couple of years ago

yup they did, good job

was the ivecos with the skins a s rawlings? we used to do work for them with the skins when i worked n felixstowe, i think we gave it to listers of dover??

MichaelJ:
Im pretty sure they had the truckstop on the A120 at Colchester (between Colchester and the clacton turn) Ihaven’t seen them there for a while though?

The truckstop is still there with RT Steward on the board outside.
Dont bother though unless you like your breakfaast in an oil slick :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: haha no it aint that bad and yeah stewards is gone forever

was you an ex - stewards then Keith?!

Here you go wheelnut, Lester in Trevisio loaded at Delonghi.

cheers!

Mark

brookie:
Here you go wheelnut, Lester in Trevisio loaded at Delonghi.

cheers!

Mark

Not the truck or even trailer I remember. I think it was a Walter trailer in North Kilworth

I`m 99% sure thats the same lester who now works for Stobarts out of Crick.
I know him as “blue”

Thanks jb, if you see him, tell him Mark from Radcliffes sends his regards!