Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

bald bloke:

halewood:
Ive had a good search on here and can only really see positives.

That’s because there are no negatives.

I enjoy store delivery stuff & the short hours, but I get £30k in my current job which although requires a 55 hour contract :frowning: is Mon-Fri with 5-7am starts & i’m home for tea 90% of the time. Always seems to me that to earn that money for the supermarkets, even though the hourly rates looks good, i’d have to be working loads of unsociable hours to ‘top up’ my basic which puts me off. My Mrs works office hours.

I dunno, I guess i kind of get where dozy is coming from in that there is more to a job than the hourly rate sometimes.

And on that bombshell i’ll run off before I get slaughtered on here… :laughing:

I sometimes wish my Mrs would get off the office job bandwagon and do something with unsociable hours, to give me some more options!

60 minutes

At the risk of getting slaughtered for stating earnings, I’ll do £30k plus. I work 45 hours per week, work every other weekend. I also do plenty of unsocial hours but the way I see it, it’s easier to reverse off a main road into a store at 4am than it is at 11am when the roads are full of clowns.

I reckon that Asda could be decent coin.4 shifts with start times between 1200 and 1600, be finishing reasonable hours as opposed to driving thru the night.Work a 5th shift every 2 or 3 weeks it could be boss dough.

mick.mh2racing:
t, it’s easier to reverse off a main road into a store at 4am than it is at 11am when the roads are full of clowns.

I’ve yet to deliver to an Asda store where you have to reverse off a main road, I’m not saying there ain’t any but must be rare as they all have turning circles or some kind of area where you can manoeuvre easily and safely.

Maybe not core stores but We do a few supermarkets where we reverse off the road, old Netto stores. There’s also plenty where we have to screw it round in the car park which is easier when Doris isn’t there.

There’s no stores in Scotland where you need to reverse off the street.

halewood:
I reckon that Asda could be decent coin.4 shifts with start times between 1200 and 1600, be finishing reasonable hours as opposed to driving thru the night.Work a 5th shift every 2 or 3 weeks it could be boss dough.

That would be at an ambient depot. Get a night job at a chill depot & you’ll be 40k+ per year, & you don’t even get your hands dirty!

bald bloke:
I’ve yet to deliver to an Asda store where you have to reverse off a main road, I’m not saying there ain’t any but must be rare as they all have turning circles or some kind of area where you can manoeuvre easily and safely.

This one looks fun at Astley Bridge in Bolton :laughing:
google.com/maps/place/Astle … force=lite

Rat67:

bald bloke:

This one looks fun at Astley Bridge in Bolton :laughing:
google.com/maps/place/Astle … force=lite

There’s a couple up here that look a bit like that from the outside (see Newton Mearns & Bearsden stores on Google street view) we drive inside the building & turn around. Dunno if that Bolton store is the same set up.

Bearsden actually has a turntable inside! youtube.com/watch?v=5VktZ_MTraY

busteredwards:
There’s a couple up here that look a bit like that from the outside (see Newton Mearns & Bearsden stores on Google street view) we drive inside the building & turn around. Dunno if that Bolton store is the same set up.

Bearsden actually has a turntable inside! youtube.com/watch?v=5VktZ_MTraY

Thats a cracking idea, quite a few places could do with one of those. The one I linked to doesn’t seem to have it as I’ve seen artics having to swing across the road and reverse it up the ramp and inside the bay

Llanelli has a turntable, you drive through into the building stop on the turntable and they spin you round so you’re lined up with the bay and back you come, then when you finish you pull forward about 6 ft and it turns pointing you back out the door.

The ASDA wages seem good for the type of work, or maybe its just because its Bristol (and anywhere else for that matter apart from Devon and Cornwall).

Nick asked about working at the Morrisons RDC in Bridgwater. I did over 3 years there so fire away if you have any queries. The wages there are only decipherable by a supercomputer, but your basic day rate is £10 and a bit an hour (10.20 I think last year). When I left the drivers were 60% agency, which tells you all you need to know about the place. All the good people have gone.

One of my beefs with Moggies was the weekends. I didn’t mind doing crazy start times but having to work more weekends than I had off wore a bit thin. If you can get some work life balance with ASDA then I would say go for it, as trolley work is easy, and offers a reasonable amount of variety. The stress is low in terms of access and blocking traffic, as entry to supermarkets like ASDA is going to be easy due to their size. Moggies was the same.

Another thing to consider is the product that goes out on your chosen start time. If the site does chill, frozen and ambient, you may find chill goes out in the early hours, and the store team are more keen to get this load off asap. The later the start time the longer the wait (only in my experience). They don’t mind keeping you there all day for ambient as it not going to go off!

Anybody had the assessment at Warrington yet ? , how did it go seems to be a lot of people got assessments and interviews surely can’t be taking so many on ?

1FLEETRENEGADE:
Anybody had the assessment at Warrington yet ? , how did it go seems to be a lot of people got assessments and interviews surely can’t be taking so many on ?

Yes had mine last week got a phone call Tuesday saying my application was successful and would be contacting me in a few weeks with a start date when the rotas have been sorted. 120 drivers needed I was told but over what time period I don’t know, they are closing Wigan and the other Warrington depots and having just the new Warrington depot.

Cronus:

1FLEETRENEGADE:

Yes had mine last week got a phone call Tuesday saying my application was successful and would be contacting me in a few weeks with a start date when the rotas have been sorted. 120 drivers needed I was told but over what time period I don’t know, they are closing Wigan and the other Warrington depots and having just the new Warrington depot.

The new rota’s go live on 29th may, but don’t be surprised if the start date doesn’t appear for a couple of months!

busteredwards:

Cronus:

1FLEETRENEGADE:

The new rota’s go live on 29th may, but don’t be surprised if the start date doesn’t appear for a couple of months!

Yes 5/6 weeks I was told so sounds about right. Looking forward to finishing my tramping days and getting my work/life balance back to some normality.

Cronus:

busteredwards:

Cronus:

1FLEETRENEGADE:

Yes 5/6 weeks I was told so sounds about right. Looking forward to finishing my tramping days and getting my work/life balance back to some normality.

Had my assessment at Warrington last wed, offered me a position straight after interview, almost snatched their hand off! really looking forward to the extra money (ave £500 month extra) and the whole package, I got told 3-6 weeks once they’ve decided the contracted hours, 40 or 45hr.

wheelyb:
Had my assessment at Warrington last wed, offered me a position straight after interview, almost snatched their hand off! really looking forward to the extra money (ave £500 month extra) and the whole package, I got told 3-6 weeks once they’ve decided the contracted hours, 40 or 45hr.

Nice one.

One thing puzzles me regarding ASDA jobs at Grangemouth and elsewhere come to that , if its such a good job why are they constantly advertising for drivers ?.