Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

If you do the legally allowable maximum rest day overtime shifts, you can do £45000 on nights. I did £38000 this year (tax year) on days, & as said earlier, rota’s are being changed at the moment, I’m going onto nights cos I’m a greedy money grabber! lol.

The online application is all geared to show your personality, top tip…don’t tick all the answers that you think Asda would want to see, they know what that pattern looks like, just answer as you see it for yourself.

For what it’s worth, I’v worked in various sectors of trucking, including many years with BP on tankers, & this Asda lark is the easiest, cleanest number I’v ever had. I’ll retire from this job I reckon (when the time comes)

busteredwards:
If you do the legally allowable maximum rest day overtime shifts, you can do £45000 on nights. I did £38000 this year (tax year) on days, & as said earlier, rota’s are being changed at the moment, I’m going onto nights cos I’m a greedy money grabber! lol.

The online application is all geared to show your personality, top tip…don’t tick all the answers that you think Asda would want to see, they know what that pattern looks like, just answer as you see it for yourself.

For what it’s worth, I’v worked in various sectors of trucking, including many years with BP on tankers, & this Asda lark is the easiest, cleanest number I’v ever had. I’ll retire from this job I reckon (when the time comes)

What site is the online application on ,I can’t find it anywhere and I was talking to a waitrose driver today ,there after drivers at Leyland for people looking for supermarket work ,I’ve no idea about pay or conditions though

If you get an offer to work for a supermarket job grab it, it’s ok work, downside is you have to work some weekends pay is above average so for me it’s a no brainier that’s my thinking ?

gaz1668:
What site is the online application on

It’ll be on Asda jobs.com if they’re recruiting.

busteredwards:

gaz1668:
What site is the online application on

It’ll be on Asda jobs.com if they’re recruiting.

Sorted mate cheers

Can I ask are all the supermarkets paying this sort of wage, I only ask as I am relocating to Taunton and I know that Morrisons have the big RDC just up the road in Bridgwater and I will be looking for work closer to home, I was thinking of contacting A W Jenkinsons as they have some trucks outbased at chippenham truckstop

busteredwards:

That sounds a lot better, and a lot more than what I’m on now.
Last week I did 55hr for £460 or there abouts, with Aldi’s flat rate it would’ve been £620!
It seems like a no brainer with either Aldi or Asda.
I would want to work sat-wed coz it fits in with wife’s work so I don’t mind weekend work.

wheelyb:
I would want to work sat-wed coz it fits in with wife’s work so I don’t mind weekend work.

With Asda it won’t be a fixed week it’ll be a various shift pattern probably over a 4 week period or even longer.

bald bloke:

wheelyb:

With Asda it won’t be a fixed week it’ll be a various shift pattern probably over a 4 week period or even longer.

My rota just now is a fixed sat-wed one on 9hr days, but changing 28th may to a 4 day 11.5hrs rota. Some are fixed & others are rolling rota’s where your days vary.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:
Asda pay £11.42 per hour with an additional £4.60 between 2200 and 0600. Same on Saturdays and Sundays.

Wrong I’m afraid.

But is he talking agency.?
Are you by the hr or salary B B?

36 hr contract Nick. But the same rates as the 45 hr drivers. But anything over 36 is hourly paid of course.

So it’s 36 hrs x £12 ph ( as near as dam it ) =£432 p.w , I really can’t see what everyone is wetting there pants over , 20k pa :question: :question: :exclamation:
Whatever happened to guaranteed 50 hrs contracts :question:

busteredwards:

bald bloke:

wheelyb:

My rota just now is a fixed sat-wed one on 9hr days, but changing 28th may to a 4 day 11.5hrs rota. Some are fixed & others are rolling rota’s where your days vary.

Same for us, there are some on fixed rotas and some on varied. Fixed always include weekend or part of it, to my knowledge no one works Monday to Friday

dozy:
So it’s 36 hrs x £12 ph ( as near as dam it ) =£432 p.w , I really can’t see what everyone is wetting there pants over , 20k pa :question: :question: :exclamation:

Never had 50 hr deals in the Scottish DC’s, nor do we have 36 hour contracts :open_mouth: We’re on 45 hours contracts, either 4x11.25hrs or 5x9hrs, on nights, its nigh on £16/hr & there’s always O/T shifts at £220/shift,

The rates of pay vary depending on the time of day you’re working through, I’d be very surprised if any of our drivers were on less than 35k/year. Not bad coin for ■■■■ easy clean work & no nights out roughing it in the back of a lorry in some service area! I did 38k in the last year with 1 O/T shift every 2 weeks, starting early on fridge work.

Local haulage boys up here in Grangemouth are doing well to see 25k for their 12 hours a day efforts…I know which job I’d rather be doing.

And then there’s the discount card for the stores, £2/month in-house gym memberships, share-save scheme.

dozy:
So it’s 36 hrs x £12 ph ( as near as dam it ) =£432 p.w , I really can’t see what everyone is wetting there pants over , 20k pa
Whatever happened to guaranteed 50 hrs contracts

Believe me Dozy I’ll earn more than that because as explained there are enhancements for starting before 06.00 or finishing after 14.00, I love my 36 hr contract there’s plenty of scope for extra hrs if I want them or if I want a bit of time at home I’ll do 4 x 9 shifts, I’m 50 yrd old now damned if I’m doing 50 hrs plus every week.

bald bloke:
I’m 50 yrd old now damned if I’m doing 50 hrs plus every week.

I’m 51 & loving the o/t shifts. Milking it like a cow! lol.

Another factor to consider, average hours holiday pay currently sitting at just over £15/hour :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dozy:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

mick.mh2racing:
Asda pay £11.42 per hour with an additional £4.60 between 2200 and 0600. Same on Saturdays and Sundays.

Wrong I’m afraid.

But is he talking agency.?
Are you by the hr or salary B B?

36 hr contract Nick. But the same rates as the 45 hr drivers. But anything over 36 is hourly paid of course.

Who wants to have to work 50 hours? lol

Ive got an interview in May for Burtonwood on nights,was told its 4 on 3 off, on a 45hr contract;so 4 x11.25 shifts.Do Asda pay breaks or are they defucted?

halewood:
Ive got an interview in May for Burtonwood on nights,was told its 4 on 3 off, on a 45hr contract;so 4 x11.25 shifts.Do Asda pay breaks or are they defucted?

All our breaks are paid. :smiley:

busteredwards:

halewood:

All our breaks are paid. :smiley:

Happy days.Cheers.
Ive had a good search on here and can only really see positives.

Got a driving assessment at Warrington next week.

halewood:
Ive had a good search on here and can only really see positives.

That’s because there are no negatives.