50 class 1 drivers for Asda Scotland

That’s alot of drivers for Asda .Think this is a misprint or for other companys as well ?
fish4.co.uk/jobs/advert?adId … r_Jobisjob

Could I earn £6.20 per hour there?

That job pays too much for you.:slight_smile:

It’s an agency so easy. They will need 50 for the books.

They must have just got a contract because I’ve never heard of transline in there before. Always RD or one of those.

£8 an hour day shift and night shift mon -fri with enhanced rate for weekends what a disgrace of a wage for a night shift driver .payed more 10yrs ago people should tell them to shove it where the sun doesnt shine :imp:

Are we looking at new jobs here or are the current crop of drivers going to be invited to apply for their own jobs at a reduced rate?Remember that it now costs about £3000 to become a C+E driver.

Maybe coinciding with the new Grangemouth RDC at the other side of the motorway, don’t think it’s too far from completion now.

Was in Asda Falkirk yesterday.They have some of the new longer trailers so need a supply of drivers,So that those who forget the extra length and
bash them are sacked. Can be replaced easy.

Robertthegreat:
Was in Asda Falkirk yesterday.They have some of the new longer trailers so need a supply of drivers,So that those who forget the extra length and
bash them are sacked. Can be replaced easy.

For £8 an hour on agency inlcuding nights, I think that’s going to happen a LOT :laughing:

If it was local to me i’d be interested but about 40 + miles .

Only got my Category C at the mo C+E is on the cards but if someone offered me a Class 1 job on £8 per hour id jump at it, with no experience im not bothered about the pay will just need someone to take me on and give me a chance. Once i have a bit of experiance under my belt can look for better paid jobs and afford to be fussy, just hope that adverts like this will be willing to take on a newbie such as myself when the time comes that im applying!

Trucker-Lass22:
Only got my Category C at the mo C+E is on the cards but if someone offered me a Class 1 job on £8 per hour id jump at it, with no experience im not bothered about the pay will just need someone to take me on and give me a chance. Once i have a bit of experiance under my belt can look for better paid jobs and afford to be fussy, just hope that adverts like this will be willing to take on a newbie such as myself when the time comes that im applying!

I’d work for that as well .I just applied for one for £8ph driving tankers local .Not got alot of experience either but full tanker training and no experience required i’ve got to go for it .Even though I worked with them a while ago ( cat c) and had to leave at short notice they are always looking for tanker drivers so may as well give it another try .

I’m curious to know what £££ perm/full time Asda logistics c+e drivers are on, does anyone know…?

I work for asda,I know all drivers and spoke to them they say they can never give you 40 hours a week,asda only uses agency driver at the weekend and still they try to get rid of their own drivers no need for 50 drivers,today driver told me in 2 weeks only 1 guy came for training to get green card from transline.We will see whats gonna happen…

Pimpdaddy:
I’m curious to know what £££ perm/full time Asda logistics c+e drivers are on, does anyone know…?

They are 25 to 35k in a year.most of them works 11 hours 4 days in a week.