ASDA Brackmills jobs

Has anyone got recent experience of working for Asda at Brackmills?..It not far from me and was wondering what the money and shift patterns are like?..thanks in advance,Washy Jnr

I work for Asda in Yorkshire and I love it. I work 11 hour shifts, my week is Sunday to Saturday and only ever work 4 days per week and that’s pretty standard nationwide. Money is about £11/hour on days and £14/hour on nights and on standard hours you’ll do about £27,000 per year.
Asda at Brackmills is George I think, sometimes you’ll be trunking to other RDCs and other times to stores.
Do it, you’ll not regret it.

I work at the Chilled depot in Falkirk, nice clean work, no hassle, good firm to work for, you’ll do £35k on days/earlies, £40k+ on nights with o/t. You’ll start on one of the crappier rota’s but can apply for others. 5 x 9hrs or 4 x 11.25hrs.

Usual story. If a company doesn’t make its money from transport then its usually a good one to drive for. Its companies whose primary income is from haulage that tend to be the ones with the poorer pay and perks.

Conor:
Usual story. If a company doesn’t make its money from transport then its usually a good one to drive for. Its companies whose primary income is from haulage that tend to be the ones with the poorer pay and perks.

+1

I done 5 years at asda and hated it! money is ok shifts are awful, expect 6 on 2 off 4 on 1 off 2 on 3 off working almost every weekend too as the Rota’s which have decent breaks wont come free until the driver on it pops his clogs.

expect to be treat awful if you know the job and can get on with it, but kiss arse and no sod all you will be promoted in no time, join the GMB too as they are amazing when it comes to pay negotiations - only place I have ever seen refused 10% to accept 3!

other than that - the work is decent.

war1974:
I done 5 years at asda and hated it! money is ok shifts are awful, expect 6 on 2 off 4 on 1 off 2 on 3 off working almost every weekend too as the Rota’s which have decent breaks wont come free until the driver on it pops his clogs.

expect to be treat awful if you know the job and can get on with it, but kiss arse and no sod all you will be promoted in no time, join the GMB too as they are amazing when it comes to pay negotiations - only place I have ever seen refused 10% to accept 3!

other than that - the work is decent.

I’v never seen a rota that resembles the one you describe, but maybe the depot you worked at was different to mine.

When exactly were we offered 10%■■?

maybe they have changed but that was at Washington. and it was an awful place to work IMO. possibly ranked as the worst job I have had.

war1974:
maybe they have changed but that was at Washington. and it was an awful place to work IMO. possibly ranked as the worst job I have had.

Well 4 weeks in i’m enjoying it so far, different runs every day keeps it interesting, just the right amount of o/t and good in house facilities too.

I work every other weekend and never work more than 3 days on the trot. My week is Sunday to Saturday and only work 4 days a week. Spot on I’d say.

You might get paid well on supermarkets but your job is ■■■■. :stuck_out_tongue:

ajt:
You might get paid well on supermarkets but your job is [zb]. :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

mick.mh2racing:
I work every other weekend and never work more than 3 days on the trot. My week is Sunday to Saturday and only work 4 days a week. Spot on I’d say.

looks like its changed then as this was my main gripe, I could handle the blue eyed boys, the stupid fuel computers, the fact every driver felt the need to say how long a run was. the work as I said when on the road wasn’t that bad. it was the rest of it I hated. having said that do they pay time and a half for sat and sun or is it still the £1 per hour more?

ajt:
You might get paid well on supermarkets but your job is [zb]. :stuck_out_tongue:

In what way? It’s easy, clean work (I don’t even get my shoes dirty!) The runs are varied, it certainly beats working 12hrs+ a day & wondering when/if you’ll get home that day. Decent pay, some good perks, doesn’t seem bad to me, & I’v been around a bit, so know exactly what I’m comparing it against.

busteredwards:

ajt:

In what way? It’s easy, clean work (I don’t even get my shoes dirty!) The runs are varied, it certainly beats working 12hrs+ a day & wondering when/if you’ll get home that day. Decent pay, some good perks, doesn’t seem bad to me, & I’v been around a bit, so know exactly what I’m comparing it against.

Yeah I agree, you’re never chasing about and you’re treated with respect.