Asda

Anybody know what Asda are paying night drivers ?
Thanks

Which depot? What shift pattern?

the nodding donkey:
Which depot? What shift pattern?

Skem’ not sure on the shifts, all I know it’s nights

lennox1:
Thanks

Agency or employed ?

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Thanks

Agency or employed ?

Employed BB

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Thanks

Agency or employed ?

Employed BB

About £15.40 ph.

how about days anybody??

bald bloke:

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Thanks

Agency or employed ?

Employed BB

About £15.40 ph.

Thanks BB

Bald Bloke,

I believe its a 45 hr week, Shifts are any 5/7 1am-2am starts, Do they pay the shift premium straight through?

lennox1:
Bald Bloke,

I believe its a 45 hr week, Shifts are any 5/7 1am-2am starts, Do they pay the shift premium straight through?

What depot ? If chilled then yes it’s a lot of early starts but I personally start at 03.30 every day but also we have frozen and 2nd wave chilled going out lunchtime so really it’s pretty much a 24 hr operation.

Pay rates vary depending on times so obviously 22.00 - 06.00 attracts the best premium.

I do any 5 out of 7 which is on an 8 week shift pattern and I do 5 x 9 hr shifts, but also there’s 4 x 11.25 shifts which also adds up to a 45 hr week and that is on a 10week shift pattern.

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Bald Bloke,

What depot ? If chilled then yes it’s a lot of early starts but I personally start at 03.30 every day but also we have frozen and 2nd wave chilled going out lunchtime so really it’s pretty much a 24 hr operation.

Pay rates vary depending on times so obviously 22.00 - 06.00 attracts the best premium.

I do any 5 out of 7 which is on an 8 week shift pattern and I do 5 x 9 hr shifts, but also there’s 4 x 11.25 shifts which also adds up to a 45 hr week and that is on a 10week shift pattern.

It’s same as BB with the 8-week shift pattern, 5 out of 8 weekends, rolling week, I had interview today, I hadn’t asked the rates !!! Dim or what ?

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Bald Bloke,

It’s same as BB with the 8-week shift pattern, 5 out of 8 weekends, rolling week, I had interview today, I hadn’t asked the rates !!! Dim or what ?

What depot ?

bald bloke:

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:
Bald Bloke,

What depot ?

Skem

Skem that’s ok then as Rochdale for some reason are run by Wincanton I believe but you’ll be run by Asda/Walmart. Have they given you an idea on what time of day they’ll put you on ?

bald bloke:
Skem that’s ok then as Rochdale for some reason are run by Wincanton I believe but you’ll be run by Asda/Walmart. Have they given you an idea on what time of day they’ll put you on ?

1am - 2am starts, I know about the Wincanton run site over at Rochdale, I believe NFT are now running out of there.

lennox1:

bald bloke:

1am - 2am starts, I know about the Wincanton run site over at Rochdale, I believe NFT are now running out of there.

Unfortunately working chilled for a supermarket involves early starts unless you go for the early afternoon slots.

bald bloke:

lennox1:

bald bloke:

Unfortunately working chilled for a supermarket involves early starts unless you go for the early afternoon slots.

I’m fine with the early starts, is the premium paid straight through at weekends

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:

bald bloke:

I’m fine with the early starts, is the premium paid straight through at weekends

Same rate of pay regardless of what day of the week it is which does put people off but then again it’s a good rate through the week which makes up for it, it’s good overtime rate too don’t forget and that’ll be paid as soon as you go over 9 hrs even if it’s your first day of the week.

So is that £15.40 between 22.00 -06:00 every day, whats the rate between 06:00-22:00 is o/t paid at 1.5?

lennox1:
So is that £15.40 between 22.00 -06:00 every day, whats the rate between 06:00-22:00 is o/t paid at 1.5?

Approximately it’s £15.40 from 22.00 to 06.00. £12.05 from 06.00 to 14.00. £13.20 from 14.00 to 22.00.

Overtime at extra £5:30 p/h.

Every bank holiday is double lieu and single time or single lieu and double time the choice is yours, I go for double lieu days as I love the time off.

Sharesave scheme where you can buy Walmart shares at 20% discount.