Asda

bald bloke:

lennox1:
So is that £15.40 between 22.00 -06:00 every day, whats the rate between 06:00-22:00 is o/t paid at 1.5?

Approximately it’s £15.40 from 22.00 to 06.00. £12.05 from 06.00 to 14.00. £13.20 from 14.00 to 22.00.

Overtime at extra £5:30 p/h.

Every bank holiday is double lieu and single time or single lieu and double time the choice is yours, I go for double lieu days as I love the time off.

Sharesave scheme where you can buy Walmart shares at 20% discount.

Thanks, BB sounds good, based on that, should be easy to do 40K

lennox1:

bald bloke:

lennox1:
So is that £15.40 between 22.00 -06:00 every day, whats the rate between 06:00-22:00 is o/t paid at 1.5?

Approximately it’s £15.40 from 22.00 to 06.00. £12.05 from 06.00 to 14.00. £13.20 from 14.00 to 22.00.

Overtime at extra £5:30 p/h.

Every bank holiday is double lieu and single time or single lieu and double time the choice is yours, I go for double lieu days as I love the time off.

Sharesave scheme where you can buy Walmart shares at 20% discount.

Thanks, BB sounds good, based on that, should be easy to do 40K

If you want 40k that must have every week about 770.It is possible if get 55 hours per week.But not all drivers can get this hours at any company.

I start at 0100 on chilled elsewhere, slightly different rates to BB but on 5 x 9 hour shifts, same deal with bank holidays and lieu hours and average about 20 hours of OT each month and I do between 39 and 40k. Easy work too.

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
I start at 0100 on chilled elsewhere, slightly different rates to BB but on 5 x 9 hour shifts, same deal with bank holidays and lieu hours and average about 20 hours of OT each month and I do between 39 and 40k. Easy work too.

sent using smoke signals

Thanks, Mick… would that be the same supermarket? I think it’s easily achievable based on 50 hours, that’s if breaks are paid.

lennox1:

mick.mh2racing:

sent using smoke signals

Thanks, Mick… would that be the same supermarket? I think it’s easily achievable based on 50 hours, that’s if breaks are paid.

Breaks are paid but they not too keen on you having more than 50 minutes which if fair enough.

bald bloke:

lennox1:

mick.mh2racing:

sent using smoke signals

Breaks are paid but they not too keen on you having more than 50 minutes which if fair enough.

Fair enough, 50 mins adequate to have a power nip, should one be needed.

ANOTHER Asda pay rate enquiry,how many more are we going to get before TN users start using the FORUM SEARCH
The subject gets so many answers nearly all the same,what depot,days/afternoons/ nights,shift allowance etc etc etc
Sure all the answers can be found in previous Forum postings somewhere

lolipop:
ANOTHER Asda pay rate enquiry,how many more are we going to get before TN users start using the FORUM SEARCH
The subject gets so many answers nearly all the same,what depot,days/afternoons/ nights,shift allowance etc etc etc
Sure all the answers can be found in previous Forum postings somewhere

wind ya neck in !!!

Pay info is the best info one can get on a public board.

In a world where no one tells anyone anything otherwise - you find out from the grapevine - or likely not at all.

I heard that ASDA, Erith were paying £18ph monday-friday nights (22:00 shift) but alas that was the agency contractor rate, and was only across Christmas…

If there are any updates to that with regards to actual walmart-employee-shirt-wearing full time jobs - then please let me know.

I’ll go where the money is headline hourly rate firstmost, and followed by the strong availablility of overtime and around-the-clock start times - second.

I’m not bothered about working weekends, and I prefer nights anyways.

The agencies putting bods into supermarket chains are often coy about it actually being an umbrella rate, no availability of the megabucks shifts, and of course no overtime unless you’ve done something stupid like 50 hours in one week to qualify.

…That means OT only ever being offered at times you’d likely not want it - like going into the first day of your holiday or on the day just before you’re due back from one. :unamused:

Oh, here’s a question about ASDA in general: Do they cram flat 8 hour shifts with two runs whenever possible, or is it a very casual slow drive to do one single 2-3 hour out run, get back, chuck your keys in, and go? :confused:

lennox1:

mick.mh2racing:

sent using smoke signals

Could be mate.[emoji1]

sent using smoke signals

Breaks are paid, we sometimes have to split ours. 15 minutes to get you to 9 hours and then 50 minutes.
If we’re hanging about in yard waiting for work then they’re fine with taking more break. Not though if we’re out somewhere.
We’re expected to do 2 runs. Distance might depend on how busy we are, I don’t mind doing a couple of long ones and getting some hours in. Others just want 2 runs to fill their 9 hours and be off.

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
Breaks are paid, we sometimes have to split ours. 15 minutes to get you to 9 hours and then 50 minutes.
If we’re hanging about in yard waiting for work then they’re fine with taking more break. Not though if we’re out somewhere.
We’re expected to do 2 runs. Distance might depend on how busy we are, I don’t mind doing a couple of long ones and getting some hours in. Others just want 2 runs to fill their 9 hours and be off.

sent using smoke signals

I’d aim for 10 hrs each shift, if i could do 50 / 55hrs I’d be happy. Changing the subject, what I don’t get is why they built Wincanton run Rochdale… can Skem not cope with the volume.

Not sure about Skem but Rochdale is massive and supposed to be running at less than a third of capacity. There has been talk of closing Wakefield CDC and running chill and frozen from there but not heard that in a while.
Wakefield XDC still trunk store deliveries to Rochdale on a night.
I aim for 20 hours overtime every 4 weeks, some days get nothing but at the minute getting loads.
Make hay while the sun shines!

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
Not sure about Skem but Rochdale is massive and supposed to be running at less than a third of capacity. There has been talk of closing Wakefield CDC and running chill and frozen from there but not heard that in a while.
Wakefield XDC still trunk store deliveries to Rochdale on a night.
I aim for 20 hours overtime every 4 weeks, some days get nothing but at the minute getting loads.
Make hay while the sun shines!

sent using smoke signals

I’d heard NFT had gone in Rochdale, probably just the usual driver gossip.
Get it while you can eh :smiley:

Is that unloading work as well or just trunking?