Stobarts - poverty spec?

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

Wheel Nut 3:
I saw a curtainsider on the M1 with the side guard and wind deflector bent and pushed back. Doesn’t anybody care?

I still think I may have been whooshed but I did a day for stobs over xmas and apparently they’re meant to be like that. Sumat to do with F1 aerodynamics. I double taked the guy and walked off :laughing:

He might have been talking about this.
Eddie Stobart - Evolution of the WR AeroKit™ - Wirth Research

Looks like it. I did right in not defecting the trailer then :laughing:

They do look a mess though. Look broken

Got to agree there, first time I saw one on the road I did a double take, couldn’t work out how the driver had managed to bend the side skirt without damaging the side rail. :confused:

I asked myself always the same question, but seems they have to be that way because all Eddie trailers I’ve seen look like that.

[emoji15][emoji848][emoji848]

F1… If that helps with the fuel saving.

Personally I think they loose that money on the other end with all the accidents, bumps etc.

I think you get drivers looking like tramps in every company but some companies would sort them out, others don’t care what their drivers look like.

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

Wheel Nut 3:
I saw a curtainsider on the M1 with the side guard and wind deflector bent and pushed back. Doesn’t anybody care?

I still think I may have been whooshed but I did a day for stobs over xmas and apparently they’re meant to be like that. Sumat to do with F1 aerodynamics. I double taked the guy and walked off :laughing:

Thinking aloud…3.5% fuel saving. Annual miles maybe100k ? 9mpg? £5 per gal? So £2,000 saving per annum?? Vehicle life of 5 years?
So assuming no damage or maintenance costs, itll be cost effective at a price of under £10,000. Knock it about on building sites and itll get expensive. Run pure m-way 24hrs itll be a good bet, Id guess.

As always, roughnready guesstimates, adapt and argue as you all wish.

truckyboy:
I wondered…because of the Tesco work…do they all get a Discount card?..just curious.

No they don’t, I asked about it when I worked for them and they said only Tesco employees get them.

Quinny:
That was ding dang doo Dixon.

Seriously?..

No one is called Ding Dang Doo Dixon are they? :smiley:

ezydriver:
They don’t like spending money, do they? Nearly every stobart driver I see (not agency) looks like a tramp. I was talking to one a few nights ago, and the sleeve on his jumper looked moth eaten, and his hi viz had gone grey (should have been pink) and just hung off him like a bomb blast victim. lol, tramping indeed. I swear one day I’ll see one walk in the waiting room with a cane over his shoulder with all his possessions ■■■■■■■ in a bundle on the end. I even offered the poor sod the use of my microwave as I never use it. I don’t even know why we’ve got microwaves and fridges, we never need to use them.

I must have 5 jackets , God knows how many fleeces ( most brand new but can’t wear as old style ) , rally’e jackets , loads black / orange trousers etc etc , orange high viz tops , I’m sorry but in my experience you can have what you want , the drivers who look like tramps are like that because that’s the way they are , they normally don’t shave every day , shower once a week and in some cases ( I know some ) wear the same shirt all week( yuk ) .
My high viz , jacket , all uniform goes in the washer every fri night without fail .
It’s got zb all to do with the company , it’s down to them being scruffy sods
Nb last uniform I had was 2 months ago , I know there on a crusade to cut cost ( hard to believe but depot bloke Is having kittens about wage bill being that high ) so whether getting uniform now is more difficult I don’t know , but wasn’t the case 2 months ago , just ask and you got

yourhavingalarf:

Quinny:

Seriously?..

No comment… :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tipperdipper1:

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

Got to agree there, first time I saw one on the road I did a double take, couldn’t work out how the driver had managed to bend the side skirt without damaging the side rail. :confused:

I asked myself always the same question, but seems they have to be that way because all Eddie trailers I’ve seen look like that.

F1… If that helps with the fuel saving.

Personally I think they loose that money on the other end with all the accidents, bumps etc.

Well they’ve played on the F1 developed, but its PR ■■■■■■■■, while it’s true that Wirth Research do stuff for F1 it’s only a small part of what they do even in the motorsport sector, let alone the other industry sectors they work in.

I don’t think there is a correlation between damage and the new aero kit, so it doesn’t mean they’ll save money on damage by not having it.
I also doubt they have any higher percentage of damage than other large haulage firms, it’s just they have a high public profile, so it gets publicised.

DingDangDooDixon:

yourhavingalarf:

Quinny:

Seriously?..

Ok…

Is that actually on yer cheque book then? :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

DingDangDooDixon:

yourhavingalarf:

Quinny:

Seriously?..

Ok…

Is that actually on yer cheque book then? :smiley:

Might be soon my gorgeous alter ego ding dang doo has some mileage…

He has a wife you know, Fiona.
Flappy Footlong Flange Fiona to be exact…

Dipper_Dave:

Is that the very same ‘■■■■■■■■ Fiona’ that was on my all time favourite tv programme.? :smiley:

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:

Is that the very same ‘■■■■■■■■ Fiona’ that was on my all time favourite tv programme.? :smiley:

Oh yes that one where she was only one tight manoeuvre away from some very sticky back doors. Yummy.