Stobarts and V8's

Got passed by a stobart V8 today, didn’t know they had such a thing.

I dread to think what the driver had done to get one. In fact I think I’d rather stick with the 450.

What’s the story with them having them. I am more used to seeing them with their cool box’s strapped to their fleet spec passenger seats.

Don’t know but I did get passed by a scanny, half in Stabrats livery and half in Malcolm group livery towing a Malcolm group trailer. Is that bad news for the Malcolm Group, or is just a partnership for a particular contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a charity auction bet between WHM & Stobarts

I was told not long ago (by a Stobarts driver), they’re supposed to be getting rid of the ‘non fridged’ spec’d units after one got pulled by the DVSA and the driver was done for the fridge being on the passenger seat even though it had the seat belt holding it…

Subby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick scout around shows they seem to have a couple on the books mostly shown for low loader stuff. One pic had a cat 2 badge on so maybe partly used on Explore work.

How you get one for normal stuff, erm, prove your an Eddie spotter?

Amazing trucks don’t come with fridges as standard these days really!

there was a stobart v8 in britvic last week…580■■

Goldfinger:
I was told not long ago (by a Stobarts driver), they’re supposed to be getting rid of the ‘non fridged’ spec’d units after one got pulled by the DVSA and the driver was done for the fridge being on the passenger seat even though it had the seat belt holding it…

You didnt happen to be in an RDC and talking to a guy who was at the embassy and also just missed the herald by 2 minutes at the time were you?

Gets in car, to go and stand on bridge near jcn17 M1, to get photo. :laughing:

Just thought it was odd. Normally panels missing and scratches down the side to see one with v8 badges all over.

Bit excessive for 26 pallets of fruit shoots.

Jimmy McNulty:
Just thought it was odd. Normally panels missing and scratches down the side to see one with v8 badges all over.

Bit excessive for 26 pallets of fruit shoots.

You’re not going mad [emoji6] unless I’m seeing things as a saw it the other day around rugby area my self

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was chatting to one of WS’s drivers at Formula in Ellsmere Port on Wed night. He mentioned that they have put some new-gen 580s on the road with “proper” 3-over-3 manual 'boxes! He was ‘fortunate’ enough to have the only auto!

The-Snowman:

Goldfinger:

You didnt happen to be in an RDC and talking to a guy who was at the embassy and also just missed the herald by 2 minutes at the time were you?

I must have gone brain dead by the time he got round to mentioning that… :laughing:

flickr.com/photos/138757063 … /lightbox/

Might they have been another customers cancelled order?

Those V8’s belong to owner drivers