Stobart G Cabs on Fridges

Saw this the other day and took a sneaky pic but then got me thinking…

Someone clever has specced these motors…

They obviously didn’t need 44t tractors so stuck with 4x2’s (I know Stobart got stung on this before but i reckon they know what they’re doing now!)…

They must be only trunking as 380bhp is sufficient at 40/41t up and down the motorway.

I doubt they are slept in often which is why they specced the new G cab… Thats right, its not a normal flat roofed R series… For the untrained eye the G cab is basically the old 4 series spec. When they introduced the R series they raised the cab on its mountings to create a flatter floor. The new G series is mounted a la 4 series. In Highline spec this will be a nice little motor for 2/3 nights out and i reckon a lot of tippers will be sporting G cabs soon, as a deffo step up from a boggo P cab sleeper!

Well done Stobart for applying some logic to truck purchasing, do you really need a V8 topline… Stobart says no!!!

well i didnt no the differnce between a g/r cab in r series form, i knew what the difference was in 4 series form like

who says ya dont learn nothing when ya out of school !!

The easy way to tell at a glance it the gap between the bottom of the door and the wheel arch. The G cab in the pic above has the same gap as per a 4 series. A normal R Series is raised on its mountings to allow the flat floor.

God i really am a sad spotter eh?! :unamused:

So far the only G cabs ive seen have been Stobarts. And just to make things more complicated, they also now do a P cab Highline.

g?p?r?..sooner have an fh! :laughing:

that picture make it a g spot then gaz?..wondered what the missus was on about… :smiley:

gaz i think them motors are on the contract that was corby chilled

I heard that they thought they could get away with 4x2’s for the new ‘Corby Chilled’ contract they took over when Innovate went to the wall. Now they realise they need to run at 44 t and ‘my mate’ tells me they are being replaced by 6x2’s ■■?

I tought it had something to do with tesco contract :blush:

Applying logic to truck purchasing■■? 4 x 2’s… poor residual value, dearer road tax , not versatile too use on 44 tonne jobs!!!
LOGIC :confused: :confused: :confused: me thinks not…

and there all on add blue!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jody1980:

theyre not ,380 is an egr engine 11 and 12 litre.

GAV LAA:
Applying logic to truck purchasing■■? 4 x 2’s… poor residual value, dearer road tax , not versatile too use on 44 tonne jobs!!!
LOGIC :confused: :confused: :confused: me thinks not…

4x2’s: Stobart have enough trucks to have a few dedicated 4x2’s on their fleet

Poor residual Value: Not a problem if u buy em cheap enough and write em off (accounts wise!) quick enough. And besides a 4x2 Scanny is not un sellable!!!

Road Tax: I’ll give u that one!

Versatility: As i said, they got over a thousand 6x2’s to play with!!!

ellies dad:

jody1980:

Each of these Euro 5 engines is supported by perfectly integrated systems for minimum emissions and maximum fuel efficiency in all conditions. At 380 and 420 hp, both are built to perform in a range of transport tasks. With torque building from low down the rev range, driving is easier and more responsive. And both make optimal use of Scania SCR technology to keep you well within Euro 5 limits at all times.

From Scania GB.

ellies dad:

jody1980:

i think before you start saying that there not… you better have a look for ya self… do u think that i’d just say that for a laugh… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jody1980:

ellies dad:

jody1980:

i think before you start saying that there not… you better have a look for ya self… do u think that i’d just say that for a laugh… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I didnt say you were joking i said you are wrong,and you are still wrong .As is Rob V8.

EURO 4 380hp engines from Scania are EGR fact.

We run one and did our homework before buying one,unlike you who simply logged onto Scania.com.

listen here mate i never logged on to scania’s site like you lads might of… i’ve seen the the trucks with my own eyes mot through a computer screen… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: they have got ad blue tanks on the o/s of the chassis wht dont you ring scania and find out for your self!!! :laughing: :laughing:

ellies dad:

jody1980:

ellies dad:

jody1980:
and there all on add b

lue!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I didnt say you were joking i said you are wrong,and you are still wrong .As is Rob V8.

EURO 4 380hp engines from Scania are EGR fact.

We run one and did our homework before buying one,unlike you who simply logged onto Scania.com.

Innovate’s Volvos are being handed back to be replaced by Scania 380s at Euro 5 with G-series cabs, and, intriguingly, nine-speed manual gearboxes.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … brand.html

rob were not arsed about who’s handing wot back just that… the g cab scanias are on ADBLUE :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’m pointing out that they are Euro 5 with SCR not EGR as ellies dad states.
Go figure.