Whats with the Gees?

Noticed some new Scanias on for Stobarts (white) and Robert Burns that are G cab highlines and not the higher set R series cab. So why are folk who used to buy R cabs buying the lesser G cab, dont imagine they would be to much cheaper?. And are Stobarts going to buy 600 of these?, surely a backward step going to a cab with less interior space for there drivers.

Probably fr shift men, men who dont do nights out? Id say they would be less in price considering there only 380’s?

i seen a P cab highline today,looked bloody odd tho :open_mouth:

scottishcruiser:
Probably fr shift men, men who dont do nights out? Id say they would be less in price considering there only 380’s?[/quot
no there being used on nights out, a.f.a.i.k the 3 of ours who have just gone on general out of our yard sun-thurs have taken 380 g-cabs,have seen one lad loading up on 2 suns in a row.
had a 400 6x2 g-cab the other day and the cab was alot bigger[higher than the 4x2 380 g-cabs,thought it was r-series but defo g-cab.
lads who do 2/3 nights out a week have been using them for at least a year
price dont know, but i do know the 380s ■■■■ all over our 420 r-series highlines on fuel,2+ mpg more ,but they need ad-blue, new 400 g-cab i had other day was a auto, no ad-blue and it was about same as 420-r,series on fuel.
when they first came i was really ■■■■■■ off going from a 480 volvo to a 380 scania but when you get used to them there o.k, id take one before a 420 auto r-series every day, but then im not out in them every night.

NB12:
Noticed some new Scanias on for Stobarts (white) and Robert Burns that are G cab highlines and not the higher set R series cab. So why are folk who used to buy R cabs buying the lesser G cab, dont imagine they would be to much cheaper?. And are Stobarts going to buy 600 of these?, surely a backward step going to a cab with less interior space for there drivers.

from what i was told were having 4x2 400 g-cabs ,the white 010 6x2 g-cabs were going to go to general until scania supplied on order trucks but no iso trac in them so were put on chilled as we dont use iso-trac.
dont know if its true or not but was told chilled asked for them as the fuel figures they were getting out of 420 autos were crap,asked for 4x2 manuals to get more m.p.g, dont know if thats true, but if it is they made the right call as they ■■■■ all over 420 autos on fuel, and to be honest go better on work we do,sort the comfort out in them,stick a splitter on them and id be happy enough

The one i was beside in traffic today was a G400 or 440 highline 6x2 without adblue (never got a good look at the badge in the mirror but it was a G4?0 with the new grill). Think thats the 13L engine and the 380s the old 11L engine still?.

Just thought that if you had been on a 4series Topline, then down to a R series highline and then to be looking at a smaller cab again is a bit ouch.