Stobarts - poverty spec?

Stobart Scania G series motors had an electric window on the passenger side and a wind up one on the drivers. Now that’s what you call basic

Don’t forget the Corby trouser press keep the green clean

ItsJoe:

UKtramp:
Mine had a cocktail bar fitted and a dishwasher.

Their best aka elite drivers get the best trucks so that’s not a surprise.

Ahhhh !
How sweet.
A match made in Trucknet Heaven. :smiley:

My boss recently bought a 63 plate fh4 former stobart tramping unit at auction for our other driver he had to get a fridge and microwave fitted cost over a grand :open_mouth:

robroy:

ItsJoe:

UKtramp:
Mine had a cocktail bar fitted and a dishwasher.

Their best aka elite drivers get the best trucks so that’s not a surprise.

Ahhhh !
How sweet.
A match made in Trucknet Heaven. :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

If you work at stobarts and you want a fridge microwave you fit and pay yourself including the inverter!, the trucks are bog standard. The only exception were some of the volvos .

Stobarts did at one stage have fridges in their trucks, not all mainly Scania and Volvo only the odd MAN had one.
They stopped getting them fitted when they introduced the massive night out and food allowance as an incentive to stop drivers from cooking in their cabs after the gas canister incident at Cola Wakefield J41, where a driver had left the gas on over night.
Ironically a little while afterwards, in one of the episodes of their tv series, a driver is seen cooking trying to show the self reliance and initiatives Stobart drivers need, everything was brand new even the wok still had the Tesco label hanging from the handle.

So all stobart trucks don’t come with fridges ?

I saw a curtainsider on the M1 with the side guard and wind deflector bent and pushed back. Doesn’t anybody care?

I remember delivering to St Albans Maltings centre once when a Stobarts rolled in. It wasn’t long after Volvo had introduced the new shape FH, 63 plate I think. Well he was bemoaning the fact that his previous FH, the old shape had all the toys. Leather and heated seats, fridge, bluetooth etc while these new ones had zip in comparison.

Grumpy Dad:
Ironically a little while afterwards, in one of the episodes of their tv series, a driver is seen cooking trying to show the self reliance and initiatives Stobart drivers need, everything was brand new even the wok still had the Tesco label hanging from the handle.

That was ding dang doo Dixon.

He was cooking alfresco on the catwalk.

Ken

I wondered…because of the Tesco work…do they all get a Discount card?..just curious.

dozy:
Depends what you do , my mate has fridge , inverter , microwave and I no a fair few who do , but plenty who don’t
As for damage as was said to me it’s just cosmetic , mines got damage to bonnet / side panel from when I was off , doubt it will ever get repaired

In order to get the truck with fridge inverter and microwave what work would you have to
Do for stobarts?

Motorsport

They don’t like spending money, do they? Nearly every stobart driver I see (not agency) looks like a tramp. I was talking to one a few nights ago, and the sleeve on his jumper looked moth eaten, and his hi viz had gone grey (should have been pink) and just hung off him like a bomb blast victim. lol, tramping indeed. I swear one day I’ll see one walk in the waiting room with a cane over his shoulder with all his possessions ■■■■■■■ in a bundle on the end. I even offered the poor sod the use of my microwave as I never use it. I don’t even know why we’ve got microwaves and fridges, we never need to use them.

Wheel Nut 3:
I saw a curtainsider on the M1 with the side guard and wind deflector bent and pushed back. Doesn’t anybody care?

I still think I may have been whooshed but I did a day for stobs over xmas and apparently they’re meant to be like that. Sumat to do with F1 aerodynamics. I double taked the guy and walked off :laughing:

SuperMultiBlue:

Wheel Nut 3:

I still think I may have been whooshed but I did a day for stobs over xmas and apparently they’re meant to be like that. Sumat to do with F1 aerodynamics. I double taked the guy and walked off :laughing:

He might have been talking about this.

ezydriver:
They don’t like spending money, do they? Nearly every stobart driver I see (not agency) looks like a tramp. I was talking to one a few nights ago, and the sleeve on his jumper looked moth eaten, and his hi viz had gone grey (should have been pink) and just hung off him like a bomb blast victim. lol, tramping indeed. I swear one day I’ll see one walk in the waiting room with a cane over his shoulder with all his possessions ■■■■■■■ in a bundle on the end. I even offered the poor sod the use of my microwave as I never use it. I don’t even know why we’ve got microwaves and fridges, we never need to use them.

Watch out for any you see wearing gold hi viz, hard as zb ing nails they are, not to be messed with…

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

Wheel Nut 3:

Eddie Stobart - Evolution of the WR AeroKit™ - Wirth Research

Looks like it. I did right in not defecting the trailer then :laughing:

They do look a mess though. Look broken

SuperMultiBlue:

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:

Wheel Nut 3:

Eddie Stobart - Evolution of the WR AeroKit™ - Wirth Research

Looks like it. I did right in not defecting the trailer then :laughing:

They do look a mess though. Look broken

Got to agree there, first time I saw one on the road I did a double take, couldn’t work out how the driver had managed to bend the side skirt without damaging the side rail. :confused: