A couple of questions for any Stobart drivers

I must have been bored this week :blush:

1. I have noticed a large amount of Stobart Volvo’s (only) without the wrap livery pulling loads around , there not ‘10’ plates either , all they have is the red chevron on the front and sides . Any reason why ■■

2. came up from the South West today and noticed that every Stobart Scania pulling a reefer had its headlights on , despite it being a boooootiful day…why ?

( on this second point , I seem to remember something being mentioned about making the use of headlights in daytime mandatory in the near future , are Stobarts pre-empting this maybe ?)

shade:
I must have been bored this week :blush:

1. I have noticed a large amount of Stobart Volvo’s (only) without the wrap livery pulling loads around , there not ‘10’ plates either , all they have is the red chevron on the front and sides . Any reason why ■■

2. came up from the South West today and noticed that every Stobart Scania pulling a reefer had its headlights on , despite it being a boooootiful day…why ?

( on this second point , I seem to remember something being mentioned about making the use of headlights in daytime mandatory in the near future , are Stobarts pre-empting this maybe ?)

Snap, just plain white units with red and white chevrons. Sad are we :wink: :wink: :wink:

More than sure there the OLDER units and will sooner rather than later be going to auction… Just de-stickered as Eddie wouldnt want just anyone running around in his colours lol…

scottishcruiser:
More than sure there the OLDER units and will sooner rather than later be going to auction… Just de-stickered as Eddie wouldnt want just anyone running around in his colours lol…

ive seen them and that was my conclusion as well.

The white units were meant to be sold on so were unwrapped but the 10 plates arrived later than expected so the volvos were put back into service in their unwrapped state.

Seen quite a few scanias the same

Mark28:
The white units were meant to be sold on so were unwrapped but the 10 plates arrived later than expected so the volvos were put back into service in their unwrapped state.

Saw a 10 plate Stobart DAF XF the other day :confused:

some stobbies are actually subbies (spoke to one on knutsford) seems they have to have stobbies colours etc or they dont work .kit has to be newish and well kept but guy was run off his feet. :wink:

i noticed it to, seen a few Volvo’s going along the A15

They’re just waiting for the 800 Scanias to arrive so they are prepped to be be sold off.

The white Scanias are freebies which Scania have supplied to Stobarts due to the new trucks coming through too slow.
As for the Volvo’s,they went back on the road due to the new Volvos coming through too slow as well plus having to send trucks to the old Unilever depots as well proberly made the fleet a bit stretched.

God i hope i dont have to have one of those new Scanias!!!

As far as i know the reason behind the volvos is that scania havent been able to fulfil the order that was placed hence why they have DAFs and the Euro motors are now actros’s …the volvos were taken off the road but have had to be put back on again due to this…i was told this by a firm that has fivemotors on for Stobbies and wanted two more scanias to be told they werent available but they could have a choice of DAF or Mercedes and yes i was bored this week lol

As for the headlights, there is an option in the dealers computer to turn on running lights, for different markets. I was playing around with the switches while I was in BAS Volvo Trucks for a gearbox upgrade, the technician showed me how he could use the laptop to stop and start the engine, check cylinder compression and even alter the pump timing without picking a spanner up. :stuck_out_tongue: I am easily impressed

Most of our fleet have the headlights set to automatically come on with the engine, as do all of Bertschi’s. In fact that’s where our Fleet Engineer got the idea from - saved Bertschi a fortune in accident claims, allegedly.

gezt:
some stobbies are actually subbies (spoke to one on knutsford) seems they have to have stobbies colours etc or they dont work .kit has to be newish and well kept but guy was run off his feet. :wink:

the subbie units that are in stobbie colours if you look at the fleet numbers on the doors subbie units have 3 wereas stobart hav 4 numbers. there are or were alot of subbies working from middlewich.

scottishcruiser:
Just de-stickered as Eddie wouldnt want just anyone running around in his colours lol…

The Polish registered ex Stobarts must be an exception then. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

weve got most of the plain white 10 reg scanias as they havent got iso-trac in them,general were given our 6 leggers as thry have to have trucks with iso-trac wheras we dont.

the plain white motors are being used because they are waiting to take del of 1000 new trucks ,we got them at our newark depot

Saw one on the A34 today, unfortunately i was the wrong side of the road to catch a good shot

And i think this may be ex-Stobart

i too have been bored