Stobart F1 job advert

It might interest somebody or even offer them a chance to move onto other things. I know some of the Stobart F1 bunch have found fulltime jobs in motorsport after working on this job, I interviewed one of them myself and he got the job, then left because he got a job at Manor, not sure what happened to him after that.

If the job isn’t for you, that’s fine, I understand its not really my thing either, so no need to comment, unless you actually know something about it first hand and not a mate of your was told by somebody in an RDC waiting room.
If you hate Stobarts, again plenty of thread you can resurrect about that.

I know a Stobart lad who done this for one season.
I’m sure he once told me that it was only open to present Stobart employees.
I may be wrong.

muckles:
It might interest somebody or even offer them a chance to move onto other things. I know some of the Stobart F1 bunch have found fulltime jobs in motorsport after working on this job, I interviewed one of them myself and he got the job, then left because he got a job at Manor, not sure what happened to him after that.

HGV Class 1 Driver job vacancies - Updated Daily

If the job isn’t for you, that’s fine, I understand its not really my thing either, so no need to comment, unless you actually know something about it first hand and not a mate of your was told by somebody in an RDC waiting room.

I love your optimism, mate!
:smiley:

robroy:
I know a Stobart lad who done this for one season.
I’m sure he once told me that it was only open to present Stobart employees.
I may be wrong.

This is part-time, I think its to step in when they need to double man between events, I know the regular drivers are already working, I met a few setting up for the testing in Barcelona.

I believe that was true to start with, but there were adverts for the full-time job at the start of the year, I think mainly as they are back moving the Mercedes F1 team again after DB Shenkers finished doing it at the end of last year.

"HGV Class 1 Driver F1

Warrington (WA1), Warrington

From £117 to £127 per day

Challenge Group

Part Time

HGV Class 1 Driver F1

Challenge Group Require HGV Class 1 Drivers for this summer’s F1 contract starting in July.

This will be driving only and there is no opportunity to see any of the racing. Drivers will be flown out to the location, double man to the next location and be transported home.

Drivers must have the following:

1 Years HGV Class 1 Drivers experienceNo more than 6 Points or DR10European driving experience would be an advantage but not essential"

I’m guessing it’s a job you do for experience rather than the money. Weren’t other companies giving drivers a chance to watch the races?

Franglais:

muckles:

HGV Class 1 Driver job vacancies - Updated Daily

I love your optimism, mate!
:smiley:

I know, but you’ve got to try. :laughing:

Captain Caveman 76:
"HGV Class 1 Driver F1

Warrington (WA1), Warrington

From £117 to £127 per day

Challenge Group

Part Time

HGV Class 1 Driver F1

Challenge Group Require HGV Class 1 Drivers for this summer’s F1 contract starting in July.

This will be driving only and there is no opportunity to see any of the racing. Drivers will be flown out to the location, double man to the next location and be transported home.

Drivers must have the following:

1 Years HGV Class 1 Drivers experienceNo more than 6 Points or DR10European driving experience would be an advantage but not essential"

I’m guessing it’s a job you do for experience rather than the money. Weren’t other companies giving drivers a chance to watch the races?

My mate saw the races on Stobarts.

Captain Caveman 76:
I’m guessing it’s a job you do for experience rather than the money.

What I thought as well, plus you get a chance to get your face known and maybe get on with somebody else.

Captain Caveman 76:
Weren’t other companies giving drivers a chance to watch the races?

Don’t know about that, I did a double drive between Spa and Monza last year for another company, once they’d set-up at Spa all the lads stayed in a house about an hour away from the circuit for the rest of the week.

And from my experience even if you’re working at the circuit you’re unlikely to see any of the races. I’ve spent years doing it and hardly see the races I’ve been part of, unless somebody has recorded it for me, and when I was on the F1 circuit, when the F1 race was on we were too busy packing up and trying to get out of the circuit to worry about it. :laughing:

I always wanted to get onto F1 or Moto GP, I’m close to Milton Keynes so near to a few of the companies such as Red Bull…but for £117 - £127 a day…no chance

onyerbike:
I always wanted to get onto F1 or Moto GP, I’m close to Milton Keynes so near to a few of the companies such as Red Bull…but for £117 - £127 a day…no chance

I’m no fan of Stobrats but as an entry point to that game I’d be applying for it if I was interested in that line of work.

TiredAndEmotional:

onyerbike:

I’m no fan of Stobrats but as an entry point to that game I’d be applying for it if I was interested in that line of work.

Here what you’re saying but sure that my bank manager would be on the phone!

onyerbike:

Yep the pay is nothing to write home about, I think the full-time OTE wasn’t much over £30,000pa. :open_mouth:

But really if you have an interest in working in motorsport and live near Milton Keynes, you need to get out and knock on a few doors, plenty of teams who still have people who drive the truck and work as part of the team at the circuit within commuting distance of you and give you the experience to get into an F1 job, where you’ll never drive a truck again or rarely get home, think they’re on about 230 days away a year now.

muckles:

onyerbike:

Yep the pay is nothing to write home about, I think the full-time OTE wasn’t much over £30,000pa. :open_mouth:

But really if you have an interest in working in motorsport and live near Milton Keynes, you need to get out and knock on a few doors, plenty of teams who still have people who drive the truck and work as part of the team at the circuit within commuting distance of you and give you the experience to get into an F1 job, where you’ll never drive a truck again or rarely get home, think they’re on about 230 days away a year now.

Any contacts or doors to knock on would be gratefully accepted, can send me by pm if you prefer, I could do with a hand into the industry although the money may not be what I’m expecting.

onyerbike:

muckles:

onyerbike:

Any contacts or doors to knock on would be gratefully accepted, can send me by pm if you prefer, I could do with a hand into the industry although the money may not be what I’m expecting.

Group c or touring cars is best way, also what mechanical experience, always look in the comic’s, and as muckles said get off your ■■■■ and go and knock doors, armed with a cv also it’s not as glamorous as you might think.

When I was at Stobart’s, they were advertising for an F1 driver and we were told that anyone can apply for it. We got the lowdown on the job as our induction trainer had done the job for years. Apparently you have to do the cooking for the lads and also work in the hospitality tent. We was informed that you do get time off and that you can watch the racing. No additional money as it is all the same rates, a much better job than delivering to Tesco in my opinion. You eat better than the Tesco subsidised vending machines too.

So they are hiring for Silverstone onwards. We’ll the big trips after include 2 week double headers for Germany- hungry and Spa - monza. I will be there but not with stobarts. Its a nice enough experience in the summer time.

onyerbike:

muckles:

onyerbike:

Here is a few places to try also might worth a drive round industrial areas round Brackley, Silverstone and Banbury.

Prodrive, Chalker Way, Banbury OX16 4XD, UK. Racing in WEC and WRX.
Arden, 3b Thorpe Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4SP, Racing in F2, GP3, FR 2.0 and British F4.
Craft Bamboo, Silverstone, can’t find the exact address, Racing in WTCR
Strakka, Unit 6 Shacks Barn Farm, Silverstone, Northants, NN12 8TB. (Blancpain)
Hi Tech GP, 11 Buckingham Road, Silverstone, Northants, England. NN12 8TJ. (European F3.)
Century Motorsport, Century Place, Manor farm, Northend Road, Fenny Compton, Southam CV47 2YY, (British GT)

The main website for jobs, you can registar for email alerts and leave a CV on the site.

biggriffin:

onyerbike:

muckles:

onyerbike:

Group c or touring cars is best way, also what mechanical experience, always look in the comic’s, and as muckles said get off your ■■■■ and go and knock doors, armed with a cv also it’s not as glamorous as you might think.

Truck drivers don’t tend to need to be mechanics, although there are mechanics that also drive the trucks, (and although I think I can do a few mechanical chores, most mechanics opinion would differ judging by the look of fear when I borrow their tools. :laughing: ) my main jobs in racing have been looking after the kit, organising loading and unloading of the trucks, looking after tyres or fuel, keeping air bottles pumped up, getting equipment ready to go to the pits or to go to the grid. basically it can be anything that isn’t working on the car and I have been known to jump in on that when it comes back in a with various parts pointing in the wrong direction and it’s needed to get out again.

muckles:

onyerbike:

muckles:

onyerbike:

Here is a few places to try also might worth a drive round industrial areas round Brackley, Silverstone and Banbury.

Prodrive, Chalker Way, Banbury OX16 4XD, UK. Racing in WEC and WRX.
Arden, 3b Thorpe Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4SP, Racing in F2, GP3, FR 2.0 and British F4.
Craft Bamboo, Silverstone, can’t find the exact address, Racing in WTCR
Strakka, Unit 6 Shacks Barn Farm, Silverstone, Northants, NN12 8TB. (Blancpain)
Hi Tech GP, 11 Buckingham Road, Silverstone, Northants, England. NN12 8TJ. (European F3.)
Century Motorsport, Century Place, Manor farm, Northend Road, Fenny Compton, Southam CV47 2YY, (British GT)

The main website for jobs, you can registar for email alerts and leave a CV on the site.
https://www.racestaff.com/

Thank you Sir!

As someone who has had lot’s to do with F1 over the years and the last 3 years of UK work driving around setting up hospitality units and F1 promotion I can tell you that the F1 team workers including the teams own transporter drivers totally hate all Stobart drivers with a vengeance so I wouldn’t recommend even considering an application to do F1 work with them, as with all the work they steal buy cutting rates and destroying good jobs they are slowly destroying the job. F1 transporter drivers are a part of the team and also pit workers, it’s a great job and nobody wants to be treated like a skivvy for pittance wages. Apply by all means but be prepared to be ‘Sent to Coventry’ by everyone else involved.
You really like F1 and want to drive for a team, apply with the team and not Stobarts.