stobarts F1

Have stobarts got more F1 work as there after 30drivers

There is a test next week might need for that?

Don’t know closing date is 30/12/2013

leigh13070:
Don’t know closing date is 30/12/2013

Oh well can’t be , seems like a lot of drivers, the main thing is the tyres isn’t it ? And do they move the mercs

They probably need to hire 30 to find the one sap who’s willing to have his pants taken down…

They are just getting ready for next season. The existing F1 drivers have done their stint of being away for up to 6 weeks on the bounce and some will have decided they want to knock it on the head and resume their “normal” roles.

Just a natural rotation of staff, no story here, move on :roll:

working in the kitchens, preparing vegetables, cleaning dishes,

How much extra are you paid for being a skivvy as well?

DonutUK:

working in the kitchens, preparing vegetables, cleaning dishes,

How much extra are you paid for being a skivvy as well?

Bugger all I suspect. Now I’m not a lazy git, I would be fine putting up marquees, unloading parts, polishing the cars even, but if I wanted to work in a kitchen I would have a ■■■ change

They have the Mercedes team and they do all the Pirelli work, I would think the tyres require a lot of drivers. Maybe they have won a new team it is close season so these things are usually done then.

leigh13070:
Have stobarts got more F1 work as there after 30drivers

yes. Move on.

I used to work with a lot of the drivers who moved to do
something in the various motorsport ventures that
Stobarts have.

They all have one thing in common they dont spend
their time ■■■■■■■ and moaning about the job they
do,infact they seem to enjoy it, judging by some of the photos I see on
Facebook its hard work but they love it.

I have done loads of jobs that didnt pay good money
but there was always a money making fiddle/fun factor involved. :sunglasses:

Having worked in Motorsport on and off for over 10 years now, Mostly as the teams tyre Truckie, I can tell you the tyre fitters work bloody hard when they have to, but they also have a good laugh both when working, (and quite often at my expense :smiley: ) and when away from the circuit.
Its a job that won’t suit everybody, but for some it could make a change from sitting in RDC’s and a chance for a bit of travel.

As for working in hospitality, again bloody hard work and long hours, but mostly appreciated by everybody who uses it, most race team members I know look forward to good food and a bit of a sit down.
And they play hard as well and what sort of night out would some of you prefer, another MSA, truckstop or layby or a meal and a few drinks with the hospitality girls you’ve been working with?

muckles:
most race team members I know look forward to good food

This is the bit I don’t get about the job, why should truck drivers have to cook/prep food for others, surely a good contracted caterer should take care of all that!?

Pimpdaddy:

muckles:

This is the bit I don’t get about the job, why should truck drivers have to cook/prep food for others, surely a good contracted caterer should take care of all that!?

why not have a trained cook, that can drive a wagon too? Come on think about it…

happysack:

Pimpdaddy:

muckles:

why not have a trained cook, that can drive a wagon too? Come on think about it…

It’s unlikely that any of the Stobart drivers on F1 are Chefs, and there are chefs on some catering outfits on Race circuits that drive the truck. But the nature of F1 is that many races are now fly away and there are set-up crews building the hospitality units. So there isn’t much call for a Chef who can drive the trucks.

There are plenty of other jobs in hospitality both in the kitchen and front of house.

The jobs might seem demeaning to some, but some might think its demeaning to sit in a small room at an RDC, because the company has such a low opinion of truck drivers they can’t trust them to sit in the cab.

Working in Motorsport whether in catering or in the team like I do isn’t for everybody and the job can be far from perfect at times, but I know plenty of people who’ve left because of some of the ■■■■ that does go with he job, but it doesn’t take long doing haulage before we’re knocking on doors trying to get back in Motorsport.

happysack:

I take it they just prepare easy finger food type stuff not a-la-carte…!?

I understand that the cameras probably make it look a lot more fun than it is but honestly it’s something I would love to try!!! I have applied a couple of times but never got anywhere! Time to try again [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

DrivingMissDaisy:
They probably need to hire 30 to find the one sap who’s willing to have his pants taken down…

:laughing:

Pimpdaddy:

happysack:

I take it they just prepare easy finger food type stuff not a-la-carte…!?

You must be joking, mate!
Ferarri have a team of three chefs at every GP and I’m sure the other top-notch teams have similar arrangements. When you’re talking about multi-million dollar budgets per season , catering costs are way down the list of expenses, even at the higher levels.

Retired Old ■■■■:
You must be joking, mate!
Ferarri have a team of three chefs at every GP and I’m sure the other top-notch teams have similar arrangements. When you’re talking about multi-million dollar budgets per season , catering costs are way down the list of expenses, even at the higher levels.

3 chefs plus the fact that they are Italian should mean they eat good, Is that right?