stobarts F1

happysillyme:
I understand that the cameras probably make it look a lot more fun than it is but honestly it’s something I would love to try!!! I have applied a couple of times but never got anywhere! Time to try again [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Put it for it too,fingers crossed

dozy:

happysillyme:
I understand that the cameras probably make it look a lot more fun than it is but honestly it’s something I would love to try!!! I have applied a couple of times but never got anywhere! Time to try again [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Was going to apply but then noticed it said “based in North West” which I assume would be the Carlisle Depot and I know they want you to live within 30 minute drive.

Rumour they have got Williams f1 cars plus hospitality next year as well as Mercedes

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

Was going to apply but then noticed it said “based in North West” which I assume would be the Carlisle Depot and I know they want you to live within 30 minute drive.

I know of a driver who traveled bilsthorpe- Lutterworth ,another ollerton - Lutterworth,various who do sheffield- nwk,Peterborough- nwk etc ,etc( all day/ night shift drivers,I know of lad who when we had redundancies was going to tramp out of appleton( lives Lincoln), didn’t do it in end as was told they wanted to keep him on at nwk,so turned down job at Appleton.
Month or two ago they asked me too work out of donny,I live Grantham ( 50+ miles commute,2hr+commute each day), plenty of others who commute well over 30 mins so I’d not let that stand in your way,you can only apply,if they turn you down nothing to loose.
I was thinking Manchester area,but until they get back( assuming they do) you may be right with Carlisle.

dozy:

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

I know of a driver who traveled bilsthorpe- Lutterworth ,another ollerton - Lutterworth,various who do sheffield- nwk,Peterborough- nwk etc ,etc( all day/ night shift drivers,I know of lad who when we had redundancies was going to be the tramp out of appleton( lives Lincoln), didn’t do it in end as was told they wanted to keep him on at nwk,so turned down job at Appleton.
Month or two ago they asked me too work out of donny,I live Grantham ( 50+ miles commute,2hr+commute each day), plenty of others who commute well over 30 mins so I’d not let that stand in your way,you can only apply,if they turn you down nothing to loose.
I was thinking Manchester area,but until they get back( assuming they do) you may be right with Carlisle.

F1 is a massive part of my life, I ensure that I have no other plans on a race weekend, so working as a F1 “truckle” seems right up my street. I will still apply like you say they can only say no. I would commute within reason if its an away all week/weeks at a time job. I wouldn’t commute that sort of distance every day it’s far too much.

Its one of those jobs I’d wish I had done when I’m old and grey.

I’d even do it looking like an elf.

When I worked at Bridgestone when they ran out of Langley we had guys that lived in Scotland,Carlisle,Preston and Manchester and it wasn’t a problem.
I live in Kent and used to commute every day if I was at the warehouse but if the 25 was knackered I’d stay in a B&B just round the corner.
My advice to you would be to find out where you’ll be based and then compile a list of B&B’s for the area and put that in with your application.
Show them you’ve done some homework and you might stand a chance.
If you get an interview don’t go in there saying you’re a super fan of F1. Anything else you want to know drop me a PM :slight_smile:

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

maybe its best you dont apply if you think carlisle is the northwest :open_mouth: :smiley:
its based in warrington pal i think thats were they run the international work

DrivingMissDaisy:
They probably need to hire 30 to find the one sap who’s willing to have his pants taken down…

should that equation not be reversed ?

NewLad:
F1 is a massive part of my life, I ensure that I have no other plans on a race weekend, so working as a F1 “truckle” seems right up my street. I will still apply like you say they can only say no. I would commute within reason if its an away all week/weeks at a time job. I wouldn’t commute that sort of distance every day it’s far too much.

If you’re a massive fan of F1, and you make sure you have no other plans on race weekends this might not be the job for you. :smiley:
I spent 6 years on an F1 support series and never saw an F1 race, too busy packing up, not that I was ever that interested in the race.

However if you really want to be part of F1, then wouldn’t it be better to try and get into a team?
The normal route is to get a job with a team in a different series, I started with a Formula Ford team. The ideal route would be Renault World Series or GP2 or GP3 or Sportscars or Le Mans, World Endurance Championship, 2 or 3 years experience and the apply to the F1 teams, by this point you’ll probably know a few people and they’ll tip you off about the jobs before they’re advertised and put a word in for you.

All Motorsport jobs involve, loads of times away, and F1 its about 240 days I think.

cliffton 27:

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

maybe its best you dont apply if you think carlisle is the northwest :open_mouth: :smiley:

Yes they run out of Hawleys Lane,Warrington.

iankav:

cliffton 27:

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

Yes they run out of Hawleys Lane,Warrington.

Didn’t know that, it just behind where I work :smiley:

cliffton 27:

NewLad:

dozy:

happysillyme:

I live in Lincolnshire mate if Carlisle isn’t North and West I don’t know what is!

Carlisle is in the south ackcherlee.

Procar are advertising -

motorsport-jobs.autosport.com/jo … ons-events

so outta curiousity did anyone apply for these 30 jobs and get in? does sound awefully hard but fun work. would be interesting for a year or 2 i reckons

muckles:

NewLad:

If you’re a massive fan of F1, and you make sure you have no other plans on race weekends this might not be the job for you. :smiley:
I spent 6 years on an F1 support series and never saw an F1 race, too busy packing up, not that I was ever that interested in the race.

However if you really want to be part of F1, then wouldn’t it be better to try and get into a team?
The normal route is to get a job with a team in a different series, I started with a Formula Ford team. The ideal route would be Renault World Series or GP2 or GP3 or Sportscars or Le Mans, World Endurance Championship, 2 or 3 years experience and the apply to the F1 teams, by this point you’ll probably know a few people and they’ll tip you off about the jobs before they’re advertised and put a word in for you.

All Motorsport jobs involve, loads of times away, and F1 its about 240 days I think.

That rings true, when I drove a BSB transporter for a couple of winning teams, the only time I saw any racing was when our riders had crashed out and were stretchered off. I saw plenty of bikes going past the pit wall as I fumbled with a set of headphones, a pit board and a set of time sheets :stuck_out_tongue:

From past experience …
If you are going to work in F1 or any other form of motorsport transport, go to the team and not some cut throat company that will pay you rubbish compared to other team drivers. You will be ridiculed and mocked by teams and other team drivers, ignored by them as you will be seen ‘quite correctly’ as a threat to their security. Being part of the team other than driving the truck is what the life is about. When F1 teams win or get a podium each member gets a share of the bonus for instance. Stobart drivers will be excluded from this.
Contact the team directly and don’t even think about contractors like Stobart.

funnily enough I was chatting to the Merc F1 twitter guy about their drivers today

Pat Hasler:
From past experience …
If you are going to work in F1 or any other form of motorsport transport, go to the team and not some cut throat company that will pay you rubbish compared to other team drivers. You will be ridiculed and mocked by teams and other team drivers, ignored by them as you will be seen ‘quite correctly’ as a threat to their security. Being part of the team other than driving the truck is what the life is about. When F1 teams win or get a podium each member gets a share of the bonus for instance. Stobart drivers will be excluded from this.
Contact the team directly and don’t even think about contractors like Stobart.

correct :sunglasses: Lewis Hamiltons pay rise £7.20 an hour :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Seen em this morning getting on at the euro tunnel obviously coming back from jerez