Formula 1 hgv jobs at stobarts

unlucky for me i dont have international driving experience but could be good job for some on here…

stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/d … /-riggers/

and a bit of a mechanic for when “the air consumption is critical” :laughing:

not for me…i have no desire to leave these green and pleasant shores

lgamston:
unlucky for me i dont have international driving experience but could be good job for some on here…

From the job description and requirements it sounds like a right old mugs game to me. A job for some glory boy for sure.

lgamston:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76328

Do keep up, there’s a good chap.

Ken.

remember to put a footy shirt on for the interview…

These are apparently the best jobs at Stobarts.

The fact that they have to advertise the job should tell you it aint all that. General dogsbody.

44 Tonne Ton:
The fact that they have to advertise the job should tell you it aint all that. General dogsbody.

Something to tell your grand children about.

omg my dream job even if it is for stobbies shame i only passed my C+E on wednesday lol :laughing:

SI_A:
omg my dream job even if it is for stobbies shame i only passed my C+E on wednesday lol :laughing:

Not as good as being an F1 driver though.

SI_A:

To be honest, if you wanted the job they would probably rate enthusiasm over experience.

Phone them tomorrow, tell them that you have only just passed your test but that you are really keen to do it. If they say “No”, then you have lost 20p in call charges. But if they are intrigued by your keenness… :wink:

Harry Monk:

SI_A:

To be honest, if you wanted the job they would probably rate enthusiasm over experience.

Phone them tomorrow, tell them that you have only just passed your test but that you are really keen to do it. If they say “No”, then you have lost 20p in call charges. But if they are intrigued by your keenness… :wink:

Yes go for it.

Might go apply for the tyre fitter job, could quite happily dae that

Harry Monk:

SI_A:

A lot of the truckies came up through the ranks, tyre fitter, engine builder or hospitality first, any silly bugger can drive a lorry.

It’s interesting they note that you don’t see the races, which must be ■■■■■■■■.

There’s an F1 truckie on here somewhere isn’t there?

Wheel Nut:

Harry Monk:

SI_A:

A lot of the truckies came up through the ranks, tyre fitter, engine builder or hospitality first, any silly bugger can drive a lorry.

Or you could always pick a race series, Formula Renault, F3, GT and go on there web site then send a CV to every team on there. Good Truckies are in short supply and as Wheel Nut says enthusiasm goes a long way. The last team I worked for we took on a lad without expereince of motorsport, but keen to work. He’s now working for Mercedes F1 and a lad we took on a 16 as a gofar is now working for a GP2 team as a truckie after the team paid for his hgv licence and is in Abu Dhabi this week.

Are you sure about that Eddie Stobart fan??,yes that must be why their being advertised externally then,surely that must tell you something.
I’ve been told that I’m about to lose my tramping job and be put on days and we’re not allowed to apply for these jobs as we arnt allowed to transfer to another depot.
Good luck to anyone who applies for the ■■■■■■■■ side of the business.

Isn’t driving just a small part of it you also do mechanical work pit crew hold the stop go thing on tyre changes or do the washing up.
What happens on the races outside Europe as I’d imagine it must be airfreighted?

Sam Millar:
It’s interesting they note that you don’t see the races, which must be ■■■■■■■■.

There’s an F1 truckie on here somewhere isn’t there?

You don’t see much Sam, if you are in hospitality, you are too busy topping the hoorays champagne up, if you are in the pit garage you will be polishing turds.

I only did a few rounds of BSB and was fortunate to be given a job on the pit wall, but you don’t see any racing, you are too busy sliding lap times into pit boards and recording your own riders lap. Between races you are polishing the riders helmet or fetching tyres :stuck_out_tongue:

Muckles works in a lower class, not to say it is any less exciting, but a smaller team may be more flexible.

I still remember the bollocking I got when I dropped the pitboard numbers while the rider and team principle were giving a TV interview. I haven’t worked for them since :blush: