Stobart assement

UKtramp:
You now must be prepared who Stobart spotters will foto you at each corner.

My main reason Andrejs, I am ready for my close up

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So reallyā€¦ this is just a venture into vanity for you? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ā€¦youā€™re not really that interested in becoming one of Eddieā€™s steering wheel attendants? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Captain Caveman 76:

UKtramp:

truckman020:
I like the dramatic voice of the presenter,CAN SUCH AND SUCH GET HIS VEHICLE THROUGH THIS GAP,when you look there is at least a couple of feet either side,muppets

I agree that series did get on my nerves, I have seen some good Stobart drivers though.

Yeah, but were they agency?

well they had stobart uniforms on so not sure, they all look the same to me :smiley:

I didnā€™t mind it at Goole, I must say. I thought the grass was greener elsewhere, and it turned out to be a complete mistake, so I wished I would have stayed. The supermarket deliveries were a bit stressful, especially the little expresses tucked away in every ā– ā– ā– ā–  and cranny, requiring death-defying manoeuvres. But, all in all, it was very local to where I lived, and I enjoyed it. In bed every night, and took home about Ā£450 per week on days.

I can confirm that the agency men do get the cream jobs out of Goole. They used to always get the brand new trucks and cushy long-runs, like the Barrow, Millom, Carlisle and Wisbech runs. The captive employees got the smashed-up old manuals and multi-drops into Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Hull city centres. Apparently itā€™s because Stobarts have such a dependency on agency men, they have to keep them happy. The agency promises their drivers single drops in a new truck, and Stobarts have to honour it.

Tramping out of Doncaster is a funny one, when I was there a year ago it was just Gooleā€™s refrigerated sister depot for Tesco. They only had a handful of units based there. I honestly donā€™t think youā€™d be tramping out of Doncaster. The tramping was nearly all done out of Sherburn. Not sure whether it still is or not.

I left after less than 12 months, and they didnā€™t take a penny from me for uniform or training. I did leave on very good terms, I will admit. When most drivers pack-in at Stobarts, it normally involves them turning the truck around en-route, and throwing the keys at a planner before storming out. Or they just never turn up for work again.

Is it April 1st yet?? :confused:

I was on a building site in Telford a couple of weeks ago watching a stobbie brick wagon trying to get out of a compound. The guys on the site all told him not to go in there as heā€™d get stuck like the previous delivery. He knew better, or so he thoughtā€¦[emoji57]
Breaking up bits of pallet to put under the wheels when he had about 50 feet of uphill mud to tackle was optimistic in the extreme I thought [emoji23]

Wondering if this is relevant :smiley:

UKtramp:
Just received my contract through the post, reading through it all 10 pages, it doesnā€™t actually appear too bad. I really like the uniform rather than the pay. I noted though that this is a guaranteed 45 hr contract. So it looks ok on the face of things, I think I will try it out as I like the security of working for a large company and it does appear professional to me and not what I have heard. Not sure what my neighbors will think when they see me in the uniform, they will probably suspect that I am a director or something of Stobart so shouldnā€™t stir up too much of a fuss. Everyone is a bit funny where I live about these sort of things.[you could always invite them to the east wing for a glass of red, then take then in to the libary to look at your cool books about stobarts]

Pawuk:
Wondering if this is relevant :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ā€¦thatā€™s about right!! ā€¦thereā€™s many a true word spoken in jest!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mon fri tramping uk tramp , gives you idea of wages

Net

Thereā€™s a fair amount of new driver bias on here isnā€™t there? Perhaps if people were as quick to pass on experience as they are to take the micky new guys might ā€˜get itā€™ quicker?

I know some wonā€™t listen because they know best but most newbies do take stuff on board. Iā€™m like a mother to some of the guys I trained in my old job and they still call me for advice.

And this is from a ā€˜newā€™ driver who passed his C in 2008, D in 2011, D+E in 2013 and C+E a couple of weeks back.

toonsy:
Thereā€™s a fair amount of new driver bias on here isnā€™t there? Perhaps if people were as quick to pass on experience as they are to take the micky new guys might ā€˜get itā€™ quicker?

I know some wonā€™t listen because they know best but most newbies do take stuff on board. Iā€™m like a mother to some of the guys I trained in my old job and they still call me for advice.

And this is from a ā€˜newā€™ driver who passed his C in 2008, D in 2011, D+E in 2013 and C+E a couple of weeks back.

Iā€™m not biased against new drivers. I only passed my Class 1 five months ago, in Mayā€¦so Iā€™m a newbie to Class 1.

My laughter was at Stobartsā€¦not new drivers! I did a couple of weeks agency work for Stobarts, just after passing my Class 1
ā€¦and I wouldnā€™t want to go back. IMO there are better Firms for a newbie to work for.

dozy:
Net

Dozy Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not true what youā€™re posting, but it seems more like that you had some weekend work in this certain week or lots of night hours or you work for Stobarts own agency.

Just post the whole payslip with covering your real name up.

That gives us all more ā€œrealā€ figures.

Tipperdipper1:

dozy:
Net

Dozy Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not true what youā€™re posting, but it seems more like that you had some weekend work in this certain week or lots of night hours or you work for Stobarts own agency.

Gross figure would be better surely? Tax codes vary from one to another dont they? Lost touch with HMRC UK so maybe wrongā€¦

True Andrew,

So Dozy post all of your payslip to give us all the info we need.

Well I am here in Appleton at the moment on my two day induction, everything makes perfect sense to me now, I am tramping out of Sherburn. I am with 7 experienced trampers on this induction and I have been drinking with them tonight in the hotel bar. Good lads and no way these guys are fools. They have worked for Stobart before and 1 of them only left two weeks ago and is back already. I am happy with what I have been told today both on the induction by the staff and also by these Stobart trampers. It confirms what Dozy has posted. The people who knock Stobart so much are usually the ones who have never worked for them. They are not idiots but there are some idiots with the agency. Well so far so good for me, I have my elf uniform and am wearing it with pride.

AndrewG:

Tipperdipper1:

dozy:
Net

Gross figure would be better surely? Tax codes vary from one to another dont they? Lost touch with HMRC UK so maybe wrongā€¦

Gross figure is the Ā£875 , Ā£ 703 is net ( I pay Ā£26 pension so Ā£703 net would be a bit more

UKtramp:
Well I am here in Appleton at the moment on my two day induction, everything makes perfect sense to me now, I am tramping out of Sherburn. I am with 7 experienced trampers on this induction and I have been drinking with them tonight in the hotel bar. Good lads and no way these guys are fools. They have worked for Stobart before and 1 of them only left two weeks ago and is back already. I am happy with what I have been told today both on the induction by the staff and also by these Stobart trampers. It confirms what Dozy has posted. The people who knock Stobart so much are usually the ones who have never worked for them. They are not idiots but there are some idiots with the agency. Well so far so good for me, I have my elf uniform and am wearing it with pride.

Good man. Which of the three tractor units in the training centre would you have if you were offered one?

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

Good man. Which of the three tractor units in the training centre would you have if you were offered one?

The Atkinson looks rather nice, but then look at that lovely Volvo split in half :smiley:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

The Atkinson looks rather nice, but then look at that lovely Volvo split in half :smiley:

Is that DAF 2800 still in there?