Stobart assement

Sat in my Premier inn tonight just staring at this… I cannot believe I have joined this outfit, I am glad I did as the full outfits that they give you is incredible. The amount of money spent puts a lot of firms to shame.

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:
Well I am here in Appleton at the moment on my two day induction, everything makes perfect sense to me now, I am tramping out of Sherburn. I am with 7 experienced trampers on this induction and I have been drinking with them tonight in the hotel bar. Good lads and no way these guys are fools. They have worked for Stobart before and 1 of them only left two weeks ago and is back already. I am happy with what I have been told today both on the induction by the staff and also by these Stobart trampers. It confirms what Dozy has posted. The people who knock Stobart so much are usually the ones who have never worked for them. They are not idiots but there are some idiots with the agency. Well so far so good for me, I have my elf uniform and am wearing it with pride.

Good man. Which of the three tractor units in the training centre would you have if you were offered one?

The Atkinson looks rather nice, but then look at that lovely Volvo split in half :smiley:

Is that DAF 2800 still in there?

It is still there beaver, what a place this is dude. I am so impressed with the academy, we went to see all the new trucks get wrapped today, they have 20 a week new ones been wrapped. I even get a choice of truck. I can have either a Volvo or a Scania.

A quick question as a (dis)interested observer; Stobbies motors were always absolutely gleaming and washed to within an inch of their lives, so what has changed so that now a large majority of them appear to be dirty and grubby? Cost cutting perhaps?

the maoster:
A quick question as a (dis)interested observer; Stobbies motors were always absolutely gleaming and washed to within an inch of their lives, so what has changed so that now a large majority of them appear to be dirty and grubby? Cost cutting perhaps?

No they still have all of the truck washes maoster, even people employed to wash them for you. No trucks over 3 years old but some of the agency drivers tend not to put them through the washes because they drive different vehicles most days. All the trampers units are mint.

Tipperdipper1:
True Andrew,

So Dozy post all of your payslip to give us all the info we need.

Gross again

Fairy snuff mate. It was more of a personal observation really. Must add though that while I’m no Stobby fanboy I’m certainly not a hater either. Ambivalence best describes it. :wink:

the maoster:
Fairy snuff mate. It was more of a personal observation really. Must add though that while I’m no Stobby fanboy I’m certainly not a hater either. Ambivalence best describes it. :wink:

Well I think it says a lot when trampers like myself who can get a job at most places chooses them. Some of the lads I am with in the Hotel are a great bunch too. Experienced men who can also go anywhere who keep returning. We have had a good laugh tonight and one of them came straight up to me and said “UKT I presume” I was taken back at this and got ready for him to throw the first punch. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

UKtramp:
Sat in my Premier inn tonight just staring at this… I cannot believe I have joined this outfit, I am glad I did as the full outfits that they give you is incredible. The amount of money spent puts a lot of firms to shame.

You don’t have to wear that , I wear orange high viz top , trousers & yellow high viz jacket , keep your eye out for me you’ll not miss me :wink: :laughing:

the maoster:

how bloody clean do you want it lol

UKtramp:

the maoster:

Well I think it says a lot when trampers like myself who can get a job at most places chooses them. Some of the lads I am with in the Hotel are a great bunch too. Experienced men who can also go anywhere who keep returning. We have had a good laugh tonight and one of them came straight up to me and said “UKT I presume” I was taken back at this and got ready for him to throw the first punch. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sure he didn’t think you were dozy
All always looks and feels well before you get to dealing with people who control your day
Come back in a month and let’s see if you still think it’s that good
It’s a joke of a company and you will cop on to that pretty quick once you get out in the real world
But saying that some people like to work for a big name no matter how they are treated or how much they are paid
Are you one of them

UKtramp:

the maoster:

No they still have all of the truck washes maoster, even people employed to wash them for you. No trucks over 3 years old but some of the agency drivers tend not to put them through the washes because they drive different vehicles most days. All the trampers units are mint.

There are trucks over 3 years old and they can get funny ( planner ) if you just divert off route and spend a hour in a que waiting to get your truck washed , mines washed every Sunday by lad that commes into depot and I’ll do it at end of shift before I park up , though sometimes you’ll get a phone call questioning why it took you more than 30 mins comping into depot ( breaking ring fence ) to logging off mirolise , same as they want you out of yard within 30 mins of starting shift and from entering I.e tesco dc changing tri they want you gone within 30 mins

Do Stobarts name the trucks or the driver? Unusual to have a choice of truck as well, most outfits will just give you whatevers spare. At least with a new one its not necessary to have to disinfect it and scrape the cr@p out of it first…

UKtramp:
Well I am here in Appleton at the moment on my two day induction, everything makes perfect sense to me now, I am tramping out of Sherburn. I am with 7 experienced trampers on this induction and I have been drinking with them tonight in the hotel bar. Good lads and no way these guys are fools. They have worked for Stobart before and 1 of them only left two weeks ago and is back already. I am happy with what I have been told today both on the induction by the staff and also by these Stobart trampers. It confirms what Dozy has posted. The people who knock Stobart so much are usually the ones who have never worked for them. They are not idiots but there are some idiots with the agency. Well so far so good for me, I have my elf uniform and am wearing it with pride.

UKT,
In the above quote you mentioned you’re with a lad that jacked Stobarts 2 weeks ago and he has to sit through another 2 day induction?

dozy:

UKtramp:

You don’t have to wear that , I wear orange high viz top , trousers & yellow high viz jacket , keep your eye out for me you’ll not miss me :wink: :laughing:

do you support bristol rovers at all

You know what UKt, you’ve quite surprised me on this. :open_mouth:
I always had you down as being a bit like myself…ie. done a bit, don’t suffer d/heads lightly, cynical in the sense that you can slice right through bull ■■■■■■■■ that is attempted to be fed to you at a glance, not take stuff at face value but see the real picture through all the crap, and all the rest of it that comes with experience in this game.
If it were me in your position.(not a chance in hell btw :smiley: ) I would be waiting a couple of months to get some first hand experience before I came on here trying to convince everybody that Stobbies was Transport Utopia, you come across as if you have swallowed all the official corporate crap that has been fed to you :open_mouth: …as I said I’m surprised.

(No offence intended btw, just my opinion and an observation. :bulb: )

You’re right, I have never worked for them, and there are a few good reasons for that, (my cynicism being the first) but mostly because I get a first hand account from two good mates who are both long term Stobbies, done most, if not all, of the work there, and paint a very different picture to the official line.
Yeh it’s probably among the best of a vast bad bunch of General Haulage operators, but I think the only companies that look after, pay very well, and treat fairly their drivers are the Own account operators where haulage is a necessary evil, certainly not bloody Stobarts, despite the picture they love to paint of themselves.
You’ll probably prove me wrong, but I suspect within a year you will be coming on here explaining why you have jacked, in either a true account, or a face saving excercise account.

Apart from that, I do hope that maybe it will all go ok…seriously btw.

pete smith:

UKtramp:

UKT,
In the above quote you mentioned you’re with a lad that jacked Stobarts 2 weeks ago and he has to sit through another 2 day induction?

My first thoughts exactly. :open_mouth:

2 weeks. 3 tops.

Socketset:

pete smith:

UKtramp:

UKT,

My first thoughts exactly. :open_mouth:

Yeh it’s right, I know of one lad who had been there for years, he jacked as he was sick of being ■■■■ ed about over something.
He was asked to start back after meeting one of the old bosses in the pub who didn’t know he’d left, he offered him something different but he still had to suffer all the induction course ■■■■■■■■ even though he knew how they worked inside out.

the nodding donkey:
2 weeks. 3 tops.

Thought you were on about the uniform allowance when I first read this. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

malcolmgbell:

dozy:

UKtramp:

do you support bristol rovers at all

Up the gas , yep bloody dad lol , yea 50 yrs of it , been away from Bristol 30 yrs , but there my team , could easily pop 40 mins across to forest , even Grantham but no it’ll never change ,