STOBARTS

hi all,

i know you hear mixed reviews about stobarts, but is anyone on here that actually drives for them, what are they like to work for?

cheers

right at the top of the screen there is a search forums box - put stobarts in and about 8million threads will appear all of which will be a mix of good and bad.

8 million and 1 now

Batesy2014:
hi all,

i know you hear mixed reviews about stobarts, but is anyone on here that actually drives for them, what are they like to work for?

cheers

Eagerbeaver will be along shortly to tell you what a spiffing bunch they are. Feel free to drop him a pm.

I’ve got his mobile number if you want to have a chat with him.

He’s an expert on all things with clashing colours. My hero!!!

Oh no not again! :open_mouth:

Tin hat on, how many pages is this one going to be!

The drivers who have never worked for them will say, wages are rubbish, there drivers are all k**b heads

For the drivers who work for them will prob say easiest job they have ever done, it pays the bills

Best thing I suggest give them a try and form your own opinion, because you’ll never get a proper answer on hear (poke the hornets nest)

Batesy2014:
hi all,

cheers

Need more detail if you want a helpful answer. Which depot? What contract?

They have umpteen different depots & bases all over the country, all with different planners in the office etc.

Depends what depot and the work they do some are general and some are fresh and others are a mix of both.If you say what depot you want to know about makes it easier.

What I want to know is if BCA automotive are setting on!?

Pimpdaddy:
What I want to know is if BCA automotive are setting on!?

They were advertising on Indeed a few days ago as Walon. I have a screen shot of the ad if you pm an email address. Still not managed to get into cars/chemicals?

Judehamish:
They were advertising on Indeed a few days ago as Walon. I have a screen shot of the ad if you pm an email address. Still not managed to get into cars/chemicals?

I saw that ad but I brushed it off because I know Walon finished ages ago (didn’t trust it). I tried for a job with them (Walon uk) 10years ago then Stobart 1-2years ago & they weren’t interested so I doubt BCA would be now as it’s probably run by the same lot. Have up on driving altogether, work in a different industry now.

Ad went something like this:
Permanent
HGV Car Transporter Drivers

Exciting Opportunities for Class 1 drivers on various shifts including 4 on 4 off and Monday to Friday roaming.

Benefits:
Industry leading salary package.
Full Comprehensive in-house training including
Driver CPC.
Well Maintained vehicles.
Paid Working Time Stand Down.
Requirements:
HGV Class 1 (C&E) driving experience.
Good Customer service skills.

For further details applicants can contact…■■■

Judehamish:
If you’ve given up with them why are you interested as to whether or not they are setting on?

Just curious to know if the recent buyout has changed anything in terms of recruitment that’s all, I won’t bother applying again, once bitten & all that.

Batesy2014:
hi all,

cheers

I booked my holiday months ago to fly out tomorrow morning ,planner told I need to be back tonight ,off I set this morning ,1 hr later I arrive to collect ,3 hrs later I get a phone call saying collection canceled ,make my way out to m25 ( I’m in centre of London ) ,whether he means North ,South ,west ,East ive no idea ,just kept saying m25 ,so head normal route North ,get to m1 ,phone rings ,go to Dagenham ,so get there and ring in asking what I’m collecting ,your collecting from Erith :exclamation: :unamused: ,so get there ( remember I fly out early doors tomorrow) ,drops tri ,pick up loaded tri and they then tell me it’s going to Dumfries :open_mouth: :open_mouth: wtf ,so says to bloke I no its not down to you but I’m not taking it ,phone planner who says I didn’t realise that ( yea alright ) ,so eventually I load for St albans,that’s more sensible I thought ,so get there ,ring to check if it’s alright to come in ,bloke queries who I am and then tells me I’m not due to the morning :smiling_imp: :unamused: ,tries ring planner ,voicemail,until I leave message I’m dropping tri and on my way back ,he then rings and apparently didn’t know this ,■■■■■■■■ ,but blokes at St albans were a good bunch and tipped me and said enjoy your hols after I spoke to them ,just scraped back in 14 hrs 45 mins ,not quite legal but I was comming back what ever ,best of luck .

What would you like to know Master Batesy2014?

Colin_scottish:
Depends what depot and the work they do some are general and some are fresh and others are a mix of both.If you say what depot you want to know about makes it easier.

Be looking at maybe manchester or warrington?

Let’s ask a question from the point of view of “someone who’s never worked there, either full time or agency”…

WHAT is it that makes this particular firm - the “easiest job you’ve ever done” when we know so many of the downsides, but so few of the upsides as yet?

Planned 12hours+ all the time?
Have to sit in the cooler at the RDC rather than your cab?
Drive a scania instead of a truck?
Get strung along waiting to get tipped so much - that you end up doing nights out you hadn’t planned?
Can’t get a space in a layby, 'cos they’re all full up with foreign drivers by one minute past eight at night?

on the fresh side its the easiest job ive had,pick up trailer at depot,drive to tosco rdc,back on bay,sit in rest room reading my book,or canteen sometimes till tipped,shut doors,drive to collection point,back on bay,read book till loaded then drive back to depot,drop trailer then go home.not even a curtain to pull…in over 3 years ive not had to night out.
money is not the best but not the worst.hours,sometimes 9/10,sometimes 13/15…just finished a 14 and half.meal allowance,15 quid a shift.we did get a fuel bonus but thats gone now we get average holiday pay so they dont have to pay it on holidays.
lots of small annoying things that add up to an unhappy workforce though…3 years ago my depot had 150 drivers…today there are 30 drivers left,the rest is now agency.

xamtex:
on the fresh side its the easiest job ive had,pick up trailer at depot,drive to tosco rdc,back on bay,sit in rest room reading my book,or canteen sometimes till tipped,shut doors,drive to collection point,back on bay,read book till loaded then drive back to depot,drop trailer then go home.not even a curtain to pull…in over 3 years ive not had to night out.
money is not the best but not the worst.hours,sometimes 9/10,sometimes 13/15…just finished a 14 and half.meal allowance,15 quid a shift.we did get a fuel bonus but thats gone now we get average holiday pay so they dont have to pay it on holidays.
lots of small annoying things that add up to an unhappy workforce though…3 years ago my depot had 150 drivers…today there are 30 drivers left,the rest is now agency.

It is in Magna Park■■?

dozy:

Batesy2014:
hi all,

cheers

I booked my holiday months ago to fly out tomorrow morning ,planner told I need to be back tonight ,off I set this morning ,1 hr later I arrive to collect ,3 hrs later I get a phone call saying collection canceled ,make my way out to m25 ( I’m in centre of London ) ,whether he means North ,South ,west ,East ive no idea ,just kept saying m25 ,so head normal route North ,get to m1 ,phone rings ,go to Dagenham ,so get there and ring in asking what I’m collecting ,your collecting from Erith :exclamation: :unamused: ,so get there ( remember I fly out early doors tomorrow) ,drops tri ,pick up loaded tri and they then tell me it’s going to Dumfries :open_mouth: :open_mouth: wtf ,so says to bloke I no its not down to you but I’m not taking it ,phone planner who says I didn’t realise that ( yea alright ) ,so eventually I load for St albans,that’s more sensible I thought ,so get there ,ring to check if it’s alright to come in ,bloke queries who I am and then tells me I’m not due to the morning :smiling_imp: :unamused: ,tries ring planner ,voicemail,until I leave message I’m dropping tri and on my way back ,he then rings and apparently didn’t know this ,[zb] ,but blokes at St albans were a good bunch and tipped me and said enjoy your hols after I spoke to them ,just scraped back in 14 hrs 45 mins ,not quite legal but I was comming back what ever ,best of luck .

Phew. That was a close shave. Dumfries had a lucky escape.

uptomydiff:
Oh no not again! :open_mouth:

Tin hat on, how many pages is this one going to be!

The drivers who have never worked for them will say, wages are rubbish, there drivers are all k**b heads

For the drivers who work for them will prob say easiest job they have ever done, it pays the bills

Best thing I suggest give them a try and form your own opinion, because you’ll never get a proper answer on hear (poke the hornets nest)

I work there and think the drivers are all knob heads