STOBARTS

Day drivers NEVER do unplanned nights out Winseer.

They must do because winseer says they do.

dozy:
,just scraped back in 14 hrs 45 mins ,not quite legal but I was comming back what ever ,best of luck .

Please explain why you werent quite legal…

Perhaps already done his 2 reduced earlier in the week?

neilp1982:

But your allowed to do 3 :wink: , but of course you being a professional driver you already knew that :smiley:

happysack:

dozy:

Batesy2014:
hi all,

i know you hear mixed reviews about stobarts, but is anyone on here that actually drives for them, what are they like to work for?

cheers

I booked my holiday months ago to fly out tomorrow morning ,planner told I need to be back tonight ,off I set this morning ,1 hr later I arrive to collect ,3 hrs later I get a phone call saying collection canceled ,make my way out to m25 ( I’m in centre of London ) ,whether he means North ,South ,west ,East ive no idea ,just kept saying m25 ,so head normal route North ,get to m1 ,phone rings ,go to Dagenham ,so get there and ring in asking what I’m collecting ,your collecting from Erith :exclamation: :unamused: ,so get there ( remember I fly out early doors tomorrow) ,drops tri ,pick up loaded tri and they then tell me it’s going to Dumfries :open_mouth: :open_mouth: wtf ,so says to bloke I no its not down to you but I’m not taking it ,phone planner who says I didn’t realise that ( yea alright ) ,so eventually I load for St albans,that’s more sensible I thought ,so get there ,ring to check if it’s alright to come in ,bloke queries who I am and then tells me I’m not due to the morning :smiling_imp: :unamused: ,tries ring planner ,voicemail,until I leave message I’m dropping tri and on my way back ,he then rings and apparently didn’t know this ,[zb] ,but blokes at St albans were a good bunch and tipped me and said enjoy your hols after I spoke to them ,just scraped back in 14 hrs 45 mins ,not quite legal but I was comming back what ever ,best of luck .

Phew. That was a close shave. Dumfries had a lucky escape.

Yea but it’s ibiza,s gain ,sun bed, music,beer all fully inclusive inclusive :smiley: ,how’s your week :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Day drivers NEVER do unplanned nights out Winseer.

I’ve done loads when on days,the work on your iso-trac can change at any time, if it’s in the week and a reasonable distance they get you back as they need the truck,w/end there’s loads of trucks parked up so they won’t bother,I do wonder at time’s if I work for the same stobarts as day/ might drivers not doing unplanned nights out isn’t. My experience of the job

Cant speak for other depot’s doze, but at Appleton a day driver wont night out mate. I spoke to the Ops manager about it, I personally don’t mind the ’ odd ’ night out, but was told it will not happen.

uptomydiff:

neilp1982:

But your allowed to do 3 :wink: , but of course you being a professional driver you already knew that :smiley:

I did, had been a long day and I was half asleep, that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it :smiley:

Great news .Stobart running ,go up and up-CO-OP,ARGOS.Now they go in new profile.logisticsmanager.com/aggrega … e-stobart/
Who is lost this contract or they just move from inhouse to Stobart??

Andrejs:
Great news .Stobart running ,go up and up-CO-OP,ARGOS.Now they go in new profile.logisticsmanager.com/aggrega … e-stobart/
Who is lost this contract or they just move from inhouse to Stobart??

It says at the bottom mate that XPO did have the contract…

Thought Wincarnis did Agg Ind work - there again may be wrong - usually am!

Another job undercut to the bone. What could possibly go wrong?

the nodding donkey:

In the last month or so, possibly less! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

In the last month or so, possibly less! :wink:

Or just in time for Christmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious. When DHL got the Irish tesco work it was because stobarts lost it, yet when stobarts get a new contract it’s due to under cutting?

happysack:
Just curious. When DHL got the Irish tesco work it was because stobarts lost it, yet when stobarts get a new contract it’s due to under cutting?

I think from start to sign contrct taked at least 6-12 month.Plus must give notice to present hauler at least 3 6 month before.

happysack:

Haha exactly. The bias is unmatched on the anti-stobart bandwagon.

Phil1979:

happysack:

Haha exactly. The bias is unmatched on the anti-stobart bandwagon.

Aye its mental. Everyone seems to be an expert.

Just Googled ’ Borg assimilation '.

I ended up with a direct link to Stobart’s 2 day induction.