Stobart assement

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:
Then Stobarts are lying to me as they told me :
Days: Sun-Thu 50 hours
10hrs Sun = £12.04 x 10 = £120.40 40hrs Mon-Thu = £8.68 x 40 = £347.20 £467.60 taxable at 19% = £381.04 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00
Equivalent to £11.56 per hr gross pay Take home pay = £456.04

Tramper: Mon-Fri 60 hours
55hrs Mon-Fri = £8.68 x 55 = £477.40 +5hrs Mon-Fri = £9.65 x 5 = £48.25 £525.65 taxable at 20% = £420.51 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00 Tax free night out allowance £22.50 x 4 = £90.00
Equivalent to £10.60 per hr gross pay Take home pay = £585.

No mention of NI contributions or pension contributions.

Not sure I will like this tbh, if any more deductions come out of that it is hardly worthwhile

No meal allowance paid on holidays. What amount of hours are you guaranteed? (Think I was on a 50 hr contract).
Also, when they have a quiet day they will TELL you to go home and use a days holiday. Other problems are waiting in a queue in the yard for an empty trailer and you can also sit in the canteen for a couple of hours waiting for a unit. Don’t forget they also take 45 mins a day breaks off you. And if you leave before 12 months they will take £300 off you for CPC and uniform.

It is a 50 hr contract, they did say first 45 min break wasn’t paid, the more I look into this the worse it gets, I just fancied a change

Well it’s making delivering farm feeds in the winter look attractive :laughing:

Nobby_Clarke:
Well it’s making delivering farm feeds in the winter look attractive :laughing:

Your not wrong there!!! I may have once again shot myself in the foot

For that take home v hours worked I think I’d rather shoot myself in the head mate, forget the foot!

the maoster:
For that take home v hours worked I think I’d rather shoot myself in the head mate, forget the foot!

Think my mind is now set on not going in on Thursday. Oh well at least I gave it a go :smiley:

The figure they give you is based on you earning an average day rate, so if you start before 6am after 6am and after 6pm plus £15.

In reality you are on £8.64 on a 45hr guaranteed contract but you will work 60+ hrs most of that in POA as that is drilled into you.

UKtramp:

the maoster:

Think my mind is now set on not going in on Thursday. Oh well at least I gave it a go :smiley:

Did you have no luck v8a agency?

Captain Caveman 76:

UKtramp:

the maoster:

Did you have no luck v8a agency?

To be honest I didn’t bother as I had the assessment already booked in direct, assumed working direct would be better than agency, how much does the agency pay?

A good friend of mine tramps out of Crick/Rugby. Sunday to Thursday clears £600 a week in his bank. He does max his hours though.

toonsy:
A good friend of mine tramps out of Crick/Rugby. Sunday to Thursday clears £600 a week in his bank. He does max his hours though.

That was what I was down for, Sun to Thurs, is he direct or agency?

images-45.jpg

UKtramp:

toonsy:

He’s direct. And that includes all his allowances but he says the bonus for him is that they do invest in their staff so for him it’s worth it as they’re putting him through ADR later this month etc.

toonsy:

UKtramp:

toonsy:

He’s direct. And that includes all his allowances but he says the bonus for him is that they do invest in their staff so for him it’s worth it as they’re putting him through ADR later this month etc.

Companies who pay for training only do it for their own benefit, not the goodness from their heart…

AndrewG:

toonsy:

UKtramp:

toonsy:

Companies who pay for training only do it for their own benefit, not the goodness from their heart…

Yeah of course but do long as he sticks to their rules he gets the ADR he wants which he can then use anywhere once hrs done his time

Just received my contract through the post, reading through it all 10 pages, it doesn’t actually appear too bad. I really like the uniform rather than the pay. I noted though that this is a guaranteed 45 hr contract. So it looks ok on the face of things, I think I will try it out as I like the security of working for a large company and it does appear professional to me and not what I have heard. Not sure what my neighbors will think when they see me in the uniform, they will probably suspect that I am a director or something of Stobart so shouldn’t stir up too much of a fuss. Everyone is a bit funny where I live about these sort of things.

UKtramp:
Just received my contract through the post, reading through it all 10 pages, it doesn’t actually appear too bad. I really like the uniform rather than the pay. I noted though that this is a guaranteed 45 hr contract. So it looks ok on the face of things, I think I will try it out as I like the security of working for a large company and it does appear professional to me and not what I have heard. Not sure what my neighbors will think when they see me in the uniform, they will probably suspect that I am a director or something of Stobart so shouldn’t stir up too much of a fuss. Everyone is a bit funny where I live about these sort of things.

You now must be prepared who Stobart spotters will foto you at each corner.

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

You now must be prepared who Stobart spotters will foto you at each corner.

My main reason Andrejs, I am ready for my close up :smiley:

Rowley010:

UKtramp:

Rowley010:
I’m intrigued.

What reversing manoeuvres in particular were so good that stobart do that other drivers from other companies don’t do?

Some very tight tesco expresses with just enough room to get in, who said that other companies don’t do? your words not mine, I said I have seen some very good Stobart drivers they aren’t all numpty’s as some would believe. Are you still intrigued?

Fair enough haha. The way you said it you sounded like the TV program, as in only a stobart driver could do this manoeuvre

I like the dramatic voice of the presenter,CAN SUCH AND SUCH GET HIS VEHICLE THROUGH THIS GAP,when you look there is at least a couple of feet either side,muppets

truckman020:
I like the dramatic voice of the presenter,CAN SUCH AND SUCH GET HIS VEHICLE THROUGH THIS GAP,when you look there is at least a couple of feet either side,muppets

I agree that series did get on my nerves, I have seen some good Stobart drivers though.

UKtramp:

truckman020:

I agree that series did get on my nerves, I have seen some good Stobart drivers though.

Yeah, but were they agency?