Some thoughts about the middle lane

I noticed, since I’ve been a trucker, there’s a difference between me and most truckers, I don’t mind driving in the middle lane, it’s just as wide, it goes the same way, if I’m overtaking, I’m happy to stay in the middle lane however long. If you cut in, you’re diminishing my stopping distance, I notice wagon and drags, in particular seem in a big rush to get back to the left lane. Sometimes lorries flash me back in, I’ve only just past his front bumper, I won’t pull back in till I’ve cleared his stopping distance, please consider the points I’ve made…

Cutting back in too early is little to do with having a phobia of the middle lane, it’s just crap driving.

I’m sure the flash is traditionally a signal that you have cleared, not a demand to immediately move back over.

bit late in the day to go fishing…friday night is best for bites…no doubt someone will be along shortly to be reminding you about the highway code… :unamused:

united-arab-emirates-dubai-sheik-zayed-road-street-scene-traffic-jam-H44X25.jpgSometimes it just doesn’t matter what lane your in :frowning:

dieseldog999:
bit late in the day to go fishing…friday night is best for bites…no doubt someone will be along shortly to be reminding you about the highway code… :unamused:

I already know the highway code. It says not to cut in.

When I am in the middle lane, it may look like I am hogging because i have pulled out early to overtake, but i am obeying the 2 second rule, same for cutting back in, if i do it too early the guy behind me is closer than 2 seconds.

Doesn’t matter if they cut in too early now, I’ve got auto braking doncha know.

shullbit:
When I am in the middle lane, it may look like I am hogging because i have pulled out early to overtake, but i am obeying the 2 second rule, same for cutting back in, if i do it too early the guy behind me is closer than 2 seconds.

The 2 second rule is for an alert car driver (a rarity I know) and not for a loaded truck.

Saying that you have a better way than some we see.

jakethesnake:

shullbit:

The 2 second rule is for an alert car driver (a rarity I know) and not for a loaded truck.

You know the score, make it four

Night-and-day:

jakethesnake:

shullbit:

You know the score, make it four

In snow and ice, ten is nice…

Get rid of the white paint and the traffic lights; let the drivers sort themselves out

Sploom:
I noticed, since I’ve been a trucker, there’s a difference between me and most truckers, I don’t mind driving in the middle lane, it’s just as wide, it goes the same way, if I’m overtaking, I’m happy to stay in the middle lane however long. If you cut in, you’re diminishing my stopping distance, I notice wagon and drags, in particular seem in a big rush to get back to the left lane. Sometimes lorries flash me back in, I’ve only just past his front bumper, I won’t pull back in till I’ve cleared his stopping distance, please consider the points I’ve made…

Nothing wrong if overtaking a line I suppose, but I notice a lot of trucks actually hogging middle lane quite often nowadays, which you NEVER saw once over, …just yet another example of standards in truck drivers dropping I reckon.
And many not using a 4 lane m.way to it’s full potential by ignoring lane 1…what’s that all about?

I don’t mind trucks staying out too long either, even ignoring my flash,… not bothered, it’s better than my gut wrenching pet hate of the basts cutting in on me too bloody soon…(making me spill my coffee :laughing: ) and wanting to horribly maim them. :smiling_imp:

I know you are supposed to keep left at all times except overtaking, but you’re right some are in too much of a hurry to pull back in,

Santa:
Get rid of the white paint and the traffic lights; let the drivers sort themselves out

They’ve done that in Coventry on some junctions and in fairness it sort of works because nobody knows who has right if way so everyone stops pretty much and sorts it out between them by like actually communicating with other people

Santa:

I know where this pic was taken.

Trafford Park at 5pm.

Santa:

That’s Cairo traffic for ya! Haha

Never enjoyed driving over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk