Confessions of a former middle lane hogger

I used to hog the middle lane as I went through the roadworks.Im not proud of it.It was when I was a car driver.I remember having trucks coming up behind flashing me to move over while I stubbornly held on in the middle lane.
The reason I did it,I couldnt get my head round the fact that there was no hard shoulder,so I allocated lane one as the hard shoulder.Do you think that might be the problem with today’s lane hoggers?

Errrrrrrr.

No. :neutral_face:

Sploom:
I used to hog the middle lane as I went through the roadworks.Im not proud of it.It was when I was a car driver.I remember having trucks coming up behind flashing me to move over while I stubbornly held on in the middle lane.
The reason I did it,I couldnt get my head round the fact that there was no hard shoulder,so I allocated lane one as the hard shoulder.Do you think that might be the problem with today’s lane hoggers?

What did/do you do on a national speed limit dual carriageway where there is no hard shoulder… ‘stubbornly hold on’ in the second lane there too?

I kept to the left on those

Confessions… if we are fessing up… (used to like scott mills confessions slot…)

Never hogged lanes, thats disgraceful, think you should AMEND FOR FORGIVENESS with buying the next 10 drivers you see at services, a coffee and sandwhich…

My CONFESSION is a little worse… a long long time ago, a transport office gave me crap when just started driving, it was night trunking, hated the way spoken to, always given the worst route, so his buddies got the easy ones, it was just a portacabin in a small yard, and the one guy, on nights, they switched at 6, and he was also often late, which then made us bundle in to get paperwork and get going, I was due to leave as found a new job and wanted revenge before I left. I learnt a trick in the Army cadets, using radiators and confined spaces when doing sentry duties to wind mates up… with this knowledge, I hatched my plan to wait until he was late again preferably, and the evening arrived, luckily on a night prior to my last.

I proceeded to the porta loo to the side, and knocked out a quick one onto a cloth whilst waiting, then once we all walked in together covered unkowingly by the other 4 drivers, I deposited the contents of the cloth striaght onto the back side of the heavily stained radiator fixed to the wall, so disgused perfectly, could of put it on the front, but then easily removed, I then picked up my run sheet, and as I left turned the radiator on as I bent down to pick my bag up … needless to say on return, he was moaning about an awful smell he couldnt quite find but around the radiator, of which he said maybe was the issue, but wasnt turning off as cold at that time :smiley: … walked off chuckling…I didnt feel guitly about this, but the trouble is the next evening, a lovely older lass was sat there, some office members old mum, just helping out until he returned :open_mouth:

So I am sorry to that old lady … :frowning: … as yes on return she had turned the heater on, and the smell was present… :confused: feel shes been following me round on her little white cloud looking down creating traffic jams and all sorts for me since lol, so hopefully will stop now Ive fessed up in public…

:blush: always felt guilt about it, as she was so nice and actually gave me a short run those last two nights…

Wow,yes I have to agree,doing that is worse than hogging the middle lane…

Sploom:
Wow,yes I have to agree,doing that is worse than hogging the middle lane…

It was a very long time ago, and only time, as these days just ignore things and think of it as +karma opportunity… :smiley:

I remember when some National Express drivers complained about HGVs on nights drawing almost level with them in the middle lane, then matching their speed to watch their passenger videos.
To check it out I tried it a couple of times and I think it was complete ZBollox, more likely the coaches flooring it to try & keep up with the unlimited motors of the time, F12, 140, 1932 & even Sed Atkis & Fodens.

I remember ,years ago,if you got a National exoress coach,there was a movie playing.But now,there is still a tv screen,but its of the road ahead!
I always pull in for the national coaches because I spoke to some drivers who worked for that company and the timetables are pretty tight

TonkaBoy:
Confessions… if we are fessing up… (used to like scott mills confessions slot…)

Never hogged lanes, thats disgraceful, think you should AMEND FOR FORGIVENESS with buying the next 10 drivers you see at services, a coffee and sandwhich…

My CONFESSION is a little worse… a long long time ago, a transport office gave me crap when just started driving, it was night trunking, hated the way spoken to, always given the worst route, so his buddies got the easy ones, it was just a portacabin in a small yard, and the one guy, on nights, they switched at 6, and he was also often late, which then made us bundle in to get paperwork and get going, I was due to leave as found a new job and wanted revenge before I left. I learnt a trick in the Army cadets, using radiators and confined spaces when doing sentry duties to wind mates up… with this knowledge, I hatched my plan to wait until he was late again preferably, and the evening arrived, luckily on a night prior to my last.

I proceeded to the porta loo to the side, and knocked out a quick one onto a cloth whilst waiting, then once we all walked in together covered unkowingly by the other 4 drivers, I deposited the contents of the cloth striaght onto the back side of the heavily stained radiator fixed to the wall, so disgused perfectly, could of put it on the front, but then easily removed, I then picked up my run sheet, and as I left turned the radiator on as I bent down to pick my bag up … needless to say on return, he was moaning about an awful smell he couldnt quite find but around the radiator, of which he said maybe was the issue, but wasnt turning off as cold at that time :smiley: … walked off chuckling…I didnt feel guitly about this, but the trouble is the next evening, a lovely older lass was sat there, some office members old mum, just helping out until he returned :open_mouth:

So I am sorry to that old lady … :frowning: … as yes on return she had turned the heater on, and the smell was present… :confused: feel shes been following me round on her little white cloud looking down creating traffic jams and all sorts for me since lol, so hopefully will stop now Ive fessed up in public…

:blush: always felt guilt about it, as she was so nice and actually gave me a short run those last two nights…

I did a similar thing in a previous office based job.

To set the scene…
Our office was long and thin, with a bank of enclosed radiators along the wall with the “in” vents at the bottom and out vents at the top. Our desks slid right up the radiators so the air was sucked in from under our desks and hot air blown up the window and spread out by the ceiling fan.
We had mobile “pedestal” desk draw units which fitted under the desks with a inch to spare but were never moved.

I Arrived early on my last day (A Friday of a bank holiday weekend), crawled under the desk of my mark and hid a frozen fish between the desk & draw unit far enough back to avoid discovery.

As it was my last day I left at lunchtime.

I’ve had many many private chuckles over the years thinking about both smell on his return from the long weekend but also his efforts to find the source, considering the radiator & ceiling fan would be dispersing it around the office.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Not a bad read. Nowhere as riveting as the seminal “confessions of a driving instructor “ or even the vastly underrated “confessions of a window cleaner”.