Road irritants ...

What annoys you when you are out on the road?

I’ll kick off with a few obvious motorway gripes

• Middle lane hogs

• Cars who overtake me at 57mph then pull in front and slow to 50 mph, but accelerate then slow down again if I try to get past them

• People that cut in front of me at the last minute at a motorway exit and slam on the brakes even though there was half a mile of empty carriage way behind me

AAARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!! :smiling_imp:

I could go on for pages, but let’s hear your pet hates !

Squiddy:

• Middle lane hogs

• Cars who overtake me at 57mph then pull in front and slow to 50 mph, but accelerate then slow down again if I try to get past them

• People that cut in front of me at the last minute at a motorway exit and slam on the brakes even though there was half a mile of empty carriage way behind me

I solve the problem in red by doing the thing highlighted in green, I will just stay in the middle lane until the numptys in lane 1 have decided what they are going to do, I was in the middle lane for 20 mins once cos of a coffin dodger in lane 1, don’t think many truckers would do that tho as they seem to be scared of using the middle lane :unamused: which brings me on to my pet hate, lorry drivers who tailgate and then overtake and then cut back in front leaving enough room for a ■■■ paper :imp: Lorrys are allowed to be in the middle lane for more than 1 minute, don’t be scared of the muppet car drivers beeping there horn at you cos your in the middle lane without a ‘middle lane owners club’ membership.

Top Gun.

Alleged professional drivers who use their front fog lights regardless of the the weather/time of day, frilly half drawn curtains, tailgating (by truck drivers) of other road users, engines and fridge motors left running while others are trying to rest. And last and by no means least, caravanners.

bubsy06:
don’t think many truckers would do that tho as they seem to be scared of using the middle lane :unamused:

I used the third lane maybe once or twice during my time at Norberts :wink:

Muppets who drive around in thick fog without lights, or on side lights only.

Squiddy:

• Middle lane hogs

I’ve said this before on a similar thread and at the risk of being ridiculed for my view again, I will repeat it: It concerns queues on motorways: I get irritated by drivers who, on approaching a junction, pull off the motorway, go round the roundabout and immediately go back on again trying to avoid queueing. They add to the problem as they try to get back on again, and they also cause problems for other drivers, many of them not even wanting to go onto the motorway, who are coming off other roads leading onto the roundabout and who are delayed in going about their business because they cannot get onto it for the traffic speeding round in their attempt to get a few feet further ahead. When will these drivers learn their actions are only adding to exisiting problems?

Drivers using there fog lights when you can still see a good 200-250 metres ahead in fog or no fog at all.

Miss alligned lights.

Blue led’s on the front of units (sends my eyes funny)

Certain people that approach empty roundabouts, stop for a while and set off again. :unamused: :laughing:

Nissan micra drivers,
pic explains it all

• People who bumble down the sliproad at 50mph, get to the broken white line and then (and only then) look over their shoulder to see whats there.

• The above who beleive that its their right of way and you should jump out into the middle lane and let them on, even though they have adequate time and space to have done so.

• Elderly people who think they are “being safe” by doing 30mph in a National Speed Limit area.

• People who want to turn right, across the traffic who don’t use the turning lane marked on the road specifically for this purpose and leave their ■■■ hanging out, stopping the traffic the lane is specifically designed to keep flowing.

• People who don’t indicate at roundabouts, until they are at least 40yards off the roundabout.

• All drivers of Rovers.

xtruckerlady:

Squiddy:

• Middle lane hogs

I’ve said this before on a similar thread and at the risk of being ridiculed for my view again, I will repeat it: It concerns queues on motorways: I get irritated by drivers who, on approaching a junction, pull off the motorway, go round the roundabout and immediately go back on again trying to avoid queueing. They add to the problem as they try to get back on again, and they also cause problems for other drivers, many of them not even wanting to go onto the motorway, who are coming off other roads leading onto the roundabout and who are delayed in going about their business because they cannot get onto it for the traffic speeding round in their attempt to get a few feet further ahead. When will these drivers learn their actions are only adding to exisiting problems?

:laughing: I sort of agree with you, but if you’ve ever been stuck in the morning rush hour on the eastbound M62 round Bradford you’d understand how you can skip 2 miles of queueing and 10 mins off your journey by coming off at J26 and going up the other side. :smiley: :smiley: Those long slip roads make it very worthwhile :stuck_out_tongue: . I would like to add, however, that that is the only place where I do queue jumping. :wink:

roadrunner:
Certain people that approach empty roundabouts, stop for a while and set off again. :unamused: :laughing:

That annoys the [zb] out of me as well. :angry: Always female drivers as well. :angry:

bubsy06:
Nissan micra drivers,
pic explains it all

PMSL :laughing: Had a ‘WTF?’ moment yesterday morning actually. The cars outside were covered in a fairly thick opaque ice (rather than white frost) and needed a good chiseling with a scraper or de-icing. The guy with the Vauxhall comes out to his, starts it up, pulls out a scraper then makes two small 6" square “holes” on his windscreen, gets in and drives off. Didn’t bother doing the rest of the screen or any of the other windows. :angry: I felt like stopping him as that is ULTRA dangerous to drive like that :angry: .

hammer:

• People who bumble down the sliproad at 50mph, get to the broken white line and then (and only then) look over their shoulder to see whats there.

• The above who beleive that its their right of way and you should jump out into the middle lane and let them on, even though they have adequate time and space to have done so.

• Elderly people who think they are “being safe” by doing 30mph in a National Speed Limit area.

• People who want to turn right, across the traffic who don’t use the turning lane marked on the road specifically for this purpose and leave their ■■■ hanging out, stopping the traffic the lane is specifically designed to keep flowing.

• People who don’t indicate at roundabouts, until they are at least 40yards off the roundabout.

• All drivers of Rovers.

Agree with all that, especially the last one. :angry:

bubsy06:
Nissan micra drivers,
pic explains it all

Commonly known as “tank driving” where i used to work. :laughing:

People who think that the whole flow of traffic must stop because they want to join from a sliproad
The “I slow down for horses” sticker posse- So what? Do you want a ■■■■■■■ medal or something?
Same as above but “National Trust” Micra/Rover/Ancient Proton/Hyundai Accent drivers
Tractors that pass a layby the size of Oxford (but without the students) and don’t pull over
That sodding milkman that holds up the eastbound A40 anytime between 7am and 8.30
■■■■■■ parking on our weighbridge and then want a price for everything in the quarry
Traffic surveys- the ones where old people sit at the roadside (do they dig them up from the nearest cemetery?)
Driving instructors who stop the learner to do something, without checking for traffic behind
Women who brake, look round at their kids, and then swerve across the white line
People who don’t realise the speed limit went up 3 miles back
Speed bumps-spills my tea everywhere :smiley:

lorry drivers who make life un nessacarily difficult.

people that go from lane three right accross two lanes and over the white lines to leave the motorway.

people who keep changing lanes at the dartford crossing, causing more congestion

hammer:

• All drivers of Rovers.

Why?

xtruckerlady:

hammer:

• All drivers of Rovers.

Why?

Because they’re all driven by people with no observation skills or hazard perception and either stay in lane 1 fluctuating between 55-58mph getting under the feet of the truckers, or are middle lane hogs. :angry: