Smoking

E cigs are no better than the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Williams9881:
E cigs are no better than the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would seem the link you provided to your reference material and case studies from leading experts didn’t get posted correctly along with your post, please could you post it again? Many thanks.

Nicotine is still a low fatal dose toxin. There are arguments to suggest the risk of Cancer is reduced by switching from ordinary ■■■■ to E-Cigs, but the Nicotine is present in BOTH so any dangers from the nicotine itself would surely be just as applicable to E-cigs?

You don’t need a fancy scientific study to work that out - just plain common sense.

To suggest that E-cigs are “totally harmless” is to overturn the notion that Nicotine is suddenly “non-toxic” - which of course would be total bull.

I gave up smoking because I got ill, and made use of the period where I couldn’t face having a cig - to kick the habit I should have kicked years before tbh.
I smoked 25 a day for 25 years. 20 JP Blues were 67p when I started, and 20 Bensons were £5.50 by the time I quit.
If I make an average price of a cigarette during my 25 years as a smoker around 15p, then I would have spent around £34k on smoking over the years, less the occasional discounted duty frees.

I didn’t quit because of the money though. I quit because smoking was starting to make me ill.

I now find that sugar is starting to make me feel ill, so I’ve already quit “full sugared” products like Coke Original, but I’m also weaning myself off all other sugar as well.
I’m not a diabetic yet - but I’d surely lose my C+E entitlement if I don’t nip this in the bud, I reckon.
The last time I had a serious problem with sugar intake (i.e. before I realized what was going on) was Christmas Day 2014 when my Christmas Dinner intake left me practically comatose on Boxing day.
I even dropped a very easy agency shift at my old RM depot - because I couldn’t even stand up. Think: feeling paralytic without having touched a drop of booze…
I think it had an effect on my eyesight as well, which began to deteriorate quite sharply at that time. I can’t read books at night any more. Not good for someone who’d regularly take a book to work and read during breaks!
I now wear glasses all the time, and stopping the sugar intake has 3 years on - stopped my eyesight from getting any worse for now at least.

I still drink Coffee though, but never out of a vending machine. :sunglasses:

I packed up smoking 22 years ago and just stopped. You can do it if you want to, but not if you don’t. I kept half a packet and my lighter when I decided to stop so that I had a cigarette if I ‘needed’ one. I had tried giving up before and would crave a ■■■ because I didn’t have any, and would buy a packet for just one and end up carrying on. I kept the half packet so that if I wanted one I had one, and if my will power was strong enough I wouldn’t need them, which I didn’t. :wink:

Winseer:
You don’t need a fancy scientific study to work that out - just plain common sense.

Ok I’ll be sure to take all my medical advice from truck drivers from now on, oh by the way the moon is made of cheese, I don’t need to provide proof or valid sources to back up my claim apparently so because I’ve said it’s now true :wink:

When I did my medical earlier in the year,the doctor asked if I smoked.
I told her i’d been vaping for 18 months.
Her reply was
“that’s alright”

Reef:

Winseer:

Ok I’ll be sure to take all my medical advice from truck drivers from now on, oh by the way the moon is made of cheese, I don’t need to provide proof or valid sources to back up my claim apparently so because I’ve said it’s now true :wink:

is the moon really made of cheese?

Snarley:

Reef:

Winseer:

is the moon really made of cheese?

Asking the important questions.

Question everything, believe nothing!