POLL - SMOKERS, Will you continue smoking in the cab?

SMOKERS, Will you continue smoking in the cab :question:

Yep :slight_smile:

I haven’t smoked for three years but I had half a dozen down the pub last night because of the occasion… but no, I won’t be smoking in the cab. Or anywhere else. Can’t afford it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As an agency driver I can’t afford the hassle that i’ll get for smoking in the cab, nor the fine that comes with it.

Besides if I want to smoke I will simply pull over where I can and have one. At the end of the day I get to a drop when I get there not when the boss says I should be there.

I see it only a problem if you make i a problem.

If we want to smoke we pull up and have one. Think about the people who work in factorys etc who can only smoke when a break bell goes off and then have to trudge out of the gates no matter what the weather.

Yes i will when outside the UK, and thats 99.99% of the time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am sure i can manage driving to Dover from Folkestone without lighting up, if not thier is plenty of parking places on route to the boat :wink: :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

yep

Me and my night man… :exclamation: :exclamation:

I voted No.

The firm i just left i did because so did everyone else fitters, boss other drivers. But the firm im starting back with tommorow have always had a non smoking policy loooong before the ban in wales came in so i couldnt when i was tramping for them and i wont now im on locals either if i can try and go the whole shift without a ciggy all the better for me and my pocket otherwise it will be a quick ciggy at tip or collection points.

Reef:
I voted No.

The firm i just left i did because so did everyone else fitters, boss other drivers. But the firm im starting back with tommorow have always had a non smoking policy loooong before the ban in wales came in so i couldnt when i was tramping for them and i wont now im on locals either if i can try and go the whole shift without a ciggy all the better for me and my pocket otherwise it will be a quick ciggy at tip or collection points.

Thought you’d given up anyway :question: :confused: :confused:

For sure.

Whenever I see a no smoking sign it’s time to light up :laughing:

All the times I have driven to Wales since their ban started and never given it a thought… :imp:

yes

i have been doing it since last march. i aint gonna stop now that sassenachland politicians have joined the ban. i dont think anyone will bother us anyway. they dont up here

gardun:

Reef:
I voted No.

Thought you’d given up anyway :question: :confused: :confused:

I did for 5 weeks then i started with JVS and the 1st day i went out with the other 2 drivers to learn the ropes they both smoked and did so while i was a passenger which was fine and didn’t bother me… Until i got home and the wife (who smokes) was sat there in the kitchen asking how my day was whilst chugging away on a ciggy and i thought “Do you know what [zb] it why did i go through all this for 5 weeks …TO BECOME A PASSIVE SMOKER!!!”

No, because I would like to give it up.

Following the purchase of an almost new car 15+ years ago, I made a decision that I was not going to smoke in my own car, and have stuck to it since.

Today has been a struggle. I haven’t known what to do with my hands. For me, smoking whilst driving a truck is more to do with breaking the monotony than ‘feeding the habit’.

Therefore it will serve to save me money. And if I decide to stop, which I did on a number of occasions, I will. The trouble will come when I am stuck in a long traffic jam when a Motorway grinds to a halt. Then, it might become a case of pulling the curtains halfway across the window and having a ‘crafty’ one (or two, or three). :laughing: :laughing:

yes,ile still be smoking in the cab …

bernie

Yep,ive smoked in my cab as usual this week.im the only driver who drives my truck 99% of the time,so no hassles there.as for the ciggy police,they must be having sneaky ■■■ breaks somewhere,cus i aint seen em :laughing:

I voted yes. Although it has been 6 days since I stopped but I can’t see it lasting especially after bouncing around the cab while waiting for 3 hours to tip at Tesco’s Fenney Lock last night :angry: