Vaping

Just wondering if anyone vapes in there cabs and if your company’s have any policy’s on these yet, I know some people see this as smoking but it’s actually a vapour hence the name vaping, yet you still get people who won’t listen when telling them this.

About a month ago I received a memo re. Vaping, it’s looked upon as smoking so is not allowed,the irony is dan,I never received a memo about smoking normal tabs,so I’m guessing in this,“splitting of hairs age” I can still smoke normal tabs but not vape. :unamused:

5 months and 14 days a vaper. :slight_smile:

I often wonder what triggers these memos- someone in the office wanting to make a name for themselves, someone sees others enjoying themselves and doesn’t like it, anti smokers who have little to get on their high horse about recently or just general society missfits.

Anyway mines not to reason why so whilst in the cab on me own i will vape as it leaves no traces (I’m a aware of), well apart from a fruity smell, luckily I choose coffee / vanilla flavour (very nice) just to be on the safe side.

Also a bit of ‘Stealth Vaping in traffic’ just in case the video phone brigade are about.

One concern is youngsters seeing it as cool and taking it up but been there done that with smoking, wish I could go back in time and give the 12 year old version of me a good clip round the ear.

I’ve been vaping for a year and four months and not touched tobacco since, I feel so much better for it, and as you say they don’t leave a nasty horrible smell, I’m currently Vaping digbys juice which is brilliant, my personal favourite being the king which was Elvis Presley’s favourite sandwich which consists of peanut butter, jam and a dollop of cream. It’s good to see doctors backing it now too, I suppose it’s a grey area banning them in work vehicles as they’ve not been classed as ciggarettes which I believe the government are trying to do no doubt due to tax reasons

There was a really good programme on radio4 last Thursday night all about vaping and the medical opinion one way or the other, a well balanced piece. There was one doctor in the us who had decided that it was as bad as smoking, but a lot of evidence the other way as well, I think it was either File on Four, or The Report, if anybody wants to listen on the iplayer.

Am I right in saying that HGV drivers can’t smoke in their cab but people in prison can?

viking7000:
Am I right in saying that HGV drivers can’t smoke in their cab but people in prison can?

Yes but its is being banned eventually!!

I think that ecigs, vaping is a lot more healthier, and doesnt leave the user or surroundings smelling of tobacco, however i do smoke real ciggies cos its difficult to kick my habit, not impossible cos i have tried, but must admit to enjoying one. there have been m,any advertisements about ecigs, and the fact that you can smoke them on buses, planes, vehicles etc, and yet they are frowned upon, if the government can ban smoking in restaurants, vehicles etc, then why cant they make it legal to ecig/vape where you cannot smoke normal cigs.
I asked my ex boss if i could smoke my e.cig on the premises/vehicle, i showed it to him, how it worked etc and said he saw no reason why i couldnt, so in my eyes that gave me the all clear to carry on smoking in the cab, as if someone reported me, he would assume it was my e.cig, i thought it was a good ruse, but i was using both at the time and did try my e.cig in a an RDC, only to be told it wasnt allowed, but then managers in that environment dont have a normal brain.

I guess I’m one of the rare breed that quit smoking completely (no vaping) 8 years ago but have no problem with others smoking around me, still quite like the smell of fresh smoke but the crap that lingers on clothes is rank :slight_smile:

Anyway, back to the point in question…

There are no problems with people vaping in cabs or warehouse areas but the trade counter and office space behind the trade counter seems to be off limits.

I dont have a problem with bad smelling clothes, i do what the east europeans do when they dont feel like washing, smother myself in aftershave and deodorant. :laughing: