Trucknet Stopping Smoking

does anybody else fancy trying to give up smoking with the help and support of other drivers on here?

im thinking about stopping , on monday (seems as good a day as any) for numerous reasons. the first one being my health and the health of my family the second one being the money and the third (not quite so serious) the fact that you are treated as a leper if you smoke.

if you fancy doing it just put a post on here and we will have to be totally honest with each other (and yourself). if you want to give up and have a ciggie just put it on here. hopefully no one will slate you for it (they will probably take the ■■■■) but we can support each other!

anybody up for it?

(im going to use nicotinell patches step one for 6 weeks (£11.99 for a weeks worth at asda, a lot cheaper than smoking 20 a day!))

The best place to put the patch is over your mouth, giving up is easy I have 7 times… :laughing:

Smee:
The best place to put the patch is over your mouth, giving up is easy I have 7 times… :laughing:

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

have you stopped now or do you fancy making it 8 times?

A good idea Gibsla.

If it helps other quitters to know there’s others in the same boat suffering the same withdrawal symptons then why not?

I quit about 7 weeks ago cold turkey.

I’d smoked for 18 years and was puffing away on about 15 a day.

The amount of money i’ve saved is already quite significant, i feel better health wise and no longer have to worry about breaking the law/ignoring company policy. Not to mention the cab doesn’t stink of tabs anymore.

You may put weight on though. I’ve put about a stone on. Needs must eh?!

Once again, good luck with it.

I was at Thurrock services on thursday and noticed that 20 marlboro was £6.40. SIX POUNDS FORTY!!!

If not for your health then do it for your pocket!

cheers

by the way - i found the first 2 days after quitting absolute misery. :frowning:

after that, for the next five or six days it’s like pulling teeth. :laughing:

two or three weeks later it gets a bit easier.

two months later you’ll be right as rain!

hiabman:
I was at Thurrock services on thursday and noticed that 20 marlboro was £6.40. SIX POUNDS FORTY!!!

cheers

exactly, me and the wife smoke and we worked it out, between us we set fire to about £350 a month!

three months and that is the price of the whacking great tele i want for watching the football on!

:open_mouth: There’s one already running in "The Health and Family Forum. :unamused:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30713

Surely if you want support,phone NHS stop smoking line or something. :unamused:

I gave up about 10 weeks ago,I just did it,I certainly dont need support from other people for what is entirely my problem. :unamused: :wink:

hiabman:

cheers

You should have gone and spoken to a Turkish driver £20.00 for 200 ■■■■.

I would love to stop let us all know how you get on with the patches and keep us updated every body that decides to do it.
I will stop in a weeks time.I have just bought 200 so don’t like to waste them.

Are you going to put the money in a jar everytime you want a packet so you can see it mount up?

I await everyones sucess and will join you very soon.

Good Luck.

thanks for all the support.

sorry i didnt realise one had been done before.

i will let you all know how i get on anyway! thats if i havent smashed my pc in a rage from lack of nicotine!

Giblsa:
(im going to use nicotinell patches step one for 6 weeks (£11.99 for a weeks worth at asda, a lot cheaper than smoking 20 a day!))

Just a quick note.

Go to the docs forst and get a prescription for the patches then its only 5 and a half quid or whatever a prescription costs these days.

I gave up 2 years ago on patches, the doc gave me one prescription for a month on the strongest ones then a month on the next level down and then finally one for the final stage. Worked great, just a shame i have started smoking again in the last 2 weeks. Will get back up docs when i get back to the uk

Me and her indoors gave up 12 month ago.

We go to turkey in 3 weeks for a week with the money we have saved.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

brit_mark:
Me and her indoors gave up 12 month ago.

We go to turkey in 3 weeks for a week with the money we have saved.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Brings a new meaning to going COLD TURKEY :exclamation:

i packed in 4 years ago with the help of zyban from the doc. worked a treat ,
you carry on smoking and taking thr tablet then choose a day and just stop. no cravings etc for me and no long face either. saved me a fortune :smiley:

bikemonkey:
:shock: There’s one already running in "The Health and Family Forum. :unamused:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30713

Surely if you want support,phone NHS stop smoking line or something. :unamused:

I gave up about 10 weeks ago,I just did it,I certainly dont need support from other people for what is entirely my problem. :unamused: :wink:

This possibly sounded a bit harsh when I wrote it. :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: I apologise.
I hope I did’nt cause any offence

UPDATE

i have been trying to give up since Monday.

yesterday was OK, got a patch on and off to work i went. no smokes for me all day! woohoo day 1 cracked.

today wasn’t as good (in fact it was the exact opposite)

put the patch on this morning after the morning shower. got dressed cup of tea and off to work. been at work about 1 hour and i noticed something in the foot well.

I look down…

OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

it was my patch. didn’t have the sense to take a few spares.

i was doing OK until i had noticed it then all hell broke lose in the cab between me, the tom tom and the radio.

Jo Wiley got shouted at a few times and if she had been in the cab she would have been sliding down the hard shoulder at 54 mpg on her arse, for talking absolute drivel.

the tom tom nearly got launched up the M1 cos it wanted to go that way and i wanted to go up the A1(M).

there was nothing else for it, i had to call in the UN to start peace talks (well, pull into south mimms for 20 Lambert’s) so far i have had 8 ciggies (i know its not as good as none :blush: :blush: :blush: but its better than 20 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )

ooh well, i guess, as they say, tomorrow is another day.

is anybody else trying it?

way that helped me was just to put less baccy in me roll up, then every few weeks cut it down a bit more,

still waiting for the government to tell me smoking is good for you, then I’ll give up.