Signal Right Or Nothing

Hello,

I went on this route and was told in training whenever you see a large white right or left arrow painted on the road you have to signal left or right is this the correct procedure as I am confused at mini roundabouts as the road goes sort of straight ahead, however signalling right could confuse oncoming drivers.

goo.gl/maps/J8HtjN64WuJ2

That’s an offset roundabout so that’s why you should indicate

Braveheart2009:
Hello,

I went on this route and was told in training whenever you see a large white right or left arrow painted on the road you have to signal left or right is this the correct procedure as I am confused at mini roundabouts as the road goes sort of straight ahead, however signalling right could confuse oncoming drivers.

goo.gl/maps/J8HtjN64WuJ2

Yeah i would indicate.As was said its an offset roundabout.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would you indicate right or left because identifying the roundabout as a offset roundabout type or because of painted right and left road signals?

Also, would it be permissible to drive entirely over the painted roundabout?

cool i thought it was incorrect as there was an oncoming smaller vehicle not moving until i passed?? I guess they didn’t move as they thought I would take the 3rd exit on that micro roundabout!

Also, what lane should I be in taking the 2nd exit I think left lane?

goo.gl/maps/VRo6S8Ux3Jm

I would also indicate either left or right on that approach as it would be likely that more than one lane is needed to negotiate it

Braveheart2009:
Would you indicate right or left because identifying the roundabout as a offset roundabout type or because of painted right and left road signals?

Also, would it be permissible to drive entirely over the painted roundabout?

cool i thought it was incorrect as there was an oncoming smaller vehicle not moving until i passed?? I guess they didn’t move as they thought I would take the 3rd exit on that micro roundabout!

Also, what lane should I be in taking the 2nd exit I think left lane?

goo.gl/maps/VRo6S8Ux3Jm

I’d be in both lanes.But more to the right.If you keep left to take that 2nd exit.You might well get a car try get up the inside of you.

Wouldn’t you obstruct and confuse other drivers behind and on the roundabout they wouldn’t know if your going left or right until you leave the roundabout.

Braveheart2009:
Wouldn’t you obstruct and confuse other drivers behind and on the roundabout they wouldn’t know if your going left or right until you leave the roundabout.

Well sometimes you have to obstruct other road users.And as you will be in the right hand lane more than the left hand one.With your right hand indicator on.Then they should all know where you are going.

Generally speaking, there is NO need to signal when large arrows designate the direction for your lane. But signalling will not normally be a problem either.

But the rule doesn’t apply at roundabouts except huge ones. This is because traffic approaching the roundabout wont have a clue where you’re heading as they cant see the road marking. So its worth a signal.

I agree with ROG in the case in the link. Given that you will probably need to straddle the lanes, a signal on the approach then a signal to leave the roundabout makes perfect sense.

My frequent words of wisdom on this subject are along the lines of " always make sure the signal will mean what you want it to mean to whoever it is who can see it. "

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing: