Shocking!

But no surprise at all.

theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … erts-claim

Franglais:
But no surprise at all.

theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … erts-claim

No, no surprise at all.

Dear old Britain is slowly deteriorating in so many areas. I have said several times on these forums the present political system needs revision. This might encourage competent people to consider entering politics and, most importantly, give them a chance of being elected. Something the present 2-party system most certainly does not. So they stay away.

I often wonder what my parents, uncles and grandparents, all of whom fought in WW2 (some not surviving), would think of modern Britain. I am sure it would not be positive. What have we allowed to happen?

You mean the type of ‘equality’ which applies reverse racist discrimination against the indigenous population because it’s the wrong skin colour and ethnicity.
Just like it was in Rhodesia and South Africa. :unamused:
No surprise that it was the Communists who gained from that.

It has always puzzled me how quickly every single thing the government does and says is easily shown to be twisted, perverted, inaccurate, spun, in fact, pretty much a tissue of lies from start to finish.

Any yet, most people believe every single word they say about Covid.

Makes you wonder…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dipster:
I often wonder what my parents, uncles and grandparents, all of whom fought in WW2 (some not surviving), would think of modern Britain. I am sure it would not be positive. What have we allowed to happen?

Tell us more about what your ‘uncles’ and ‘grandparents’ would have thought of those who fought on our side as part of the ethnic Dutch/Brit Rhodesian and South African allied contingent ?.
It’s obvious who has the ‘equality’ issues here.
If it’s all supposedly one big happy family why are you differentiating along ethnic lines when it suits your reverse racist agenda.Just like hounding out the wrong ethnicity Rhodesian and South African administrations.That ended well in the form of people like Mugabe and Mandela’s Communist rabble.

Truckulent:
It has always puzzled me how quickly every single thing the government does and says is easily shown to be twisted, perverted, inaccurate, spun, in fact, pretty much a tissue of lies from start to finish.

Makes you wonder.

The common link is that they’ll selectively go with whatever the far left agenda happens to be.
Whether it’s covering up the ‘activities’ of the Whuhan ‘institute of virology’.
Or applying laughable reverse racism when it suits them.Which is how Rhodesia and South Africa ended up as third world basket cases run by Communist backed despots and we’ve got immigrants running from the mess which they’ve made of their own countries and now wanting to take over the running of ours and playing the race card to get what they want backed by their far left supporters.

It’s the Guardian, so you’re right, no surprise about another anti government article. They have their agenda just like the Daily Mail has its agenda. The “truth” is usually somewhere in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

Makes you wonder…

In this case it seems the Gov has rewritten a report by independent authors.
Their story is contrary to the original independent report.
With COVID the Gov is am saying the same as the vast majority of independent experts from all over the world.
Quite a difference I reckon.

GOG47:
It’s the Guardian, so you’re right, no surprise about another anti government article. They have their agenda just like the Daily Mail has its agenda. The “truth” is usually somewhere in the middle

Fair. So far it has been attributed to anonymous sources.
A bit like Cameron and his “work” for Greensill.

Franglais:

Truckulent:

Makes you wonder…

In this case it seems the Gov has rewritten a report by independent authors.
Their story is contrary to the original independent report.
With COVID the Gov is am saying the same as the vast majority of independent experts from all over the world.
Quite a difference I reckon.

I disagree. Take lateral flow testing. It’s a total waste of time and money. Many experts say so (do the research as I have). With a 40-70% accuracy rate it’s completely pointless, especially at times of low infection rates. Yet Boris and Co enthusiastically pursue it with the “we’re doing all we can” Covid smokescreen.

There are any number of experts that disagree with the government over many aspects of Covid, not least their inability to act in time…

The racism report could just as easily have been predicted had it gone completely the other way.

Unfortunately, equality and impartiality is no longer the aim of such rrports.

I suspect that this report has been badly though and written. But, I doubt it would have ever been “right” unless a damning
picture of the establishment was painted.

Regarding the current government one point that truly colours my thoughts is that the PM has an incredible history of lying. Now I do not doubt that all politicians lie at times, but Boris has made if his life’s work it seems. Check it out for yourself. So I see him as a man with zero integrity, a quality I think is actually quite important for a top job. So unlike my natural tendency to initially give the benefit of the doubt in Boris’ case I think “Again?”.

Would be most interesting to see how diverse the various newspaper’s layers of owners higher management and senior journalists are, compared say with the diversity of the lower ranks who’s earnings will be a fraction of the upper levels.
Not just the paper in question, but all medias who jump on this bandwagon, i suspect lots of stones being thrown around by people in glass houses.

Carryfast:
You mean the type of ‘equality’ which applies reverse racist discrimination against the indigenous population because it’s the wrong skin colour and ethnicity.

Not the many British companies trading there at the time enjoying the subservient cheap labour and making mega fortunes whilst doing so? Or were they front organisations for your Commies too?

Dipster:

Carryfast:

Not the many British companies trading there at the time enjoying the subservient cheap labour and making mega fortunes whilst doing so? Or were they front organisations for your Commies too?

It’s all so much better there under people like Mugabe and the ANC.
Let’s get this right the ethnic Dutch/Brit rule had to be thrown out in favour of ‘right’ ethnicity rule to the benefit of Communism.
Now you want the same thing here.
The Guardian is nothing more than a much better disguised version of the Morning Star and ironically more insidious in its far left agenda.
Just like South Africa the whole agenda is just a load of far left inspired zb playing the race card to get what it wants and now it has the Anglo homeland in its sights.

Juddian:
Would be most interesting to see how diverse the various newspaper’s layers of owners higher management and senior journalists are, compared say with the diversity of the lower ranks who’s earnings will be a fraction of the upper levels.
Not just the paper in question, but all medias who jump on this bandwagon, i suspect lots of stones being thrown around by people in glass houses.

Buy a subscription to Private Eye, read the “Street of Shame” section. Your eyes will be opened, a more incestious, labrythine nest of mutual masturbators you’d be hard pushed to find!

Carryfast:

Dipster:

Carryfast:

It’s all so much better there under people like Mugabe and the ANC.
Let’s get this right the ethnic Dutch/Brit rule had to be thrown out in favour of ‘right’ ethnicity rule to the benefit of Communism.
Now you want the same thing here.
The Guardian is nothing more than a much better disguised version of the Morning Star and ironically more insidious in its far left agenda.
Just like South Africa the whole agenda is just a load of far left inspired zb playing the race card to get what it wants and now it has the Anglo homeland in its sights.

“Now you want the same thing here.” I said that? No I did not.
Carryfast, your habit of ascribing particular positions to others whilst having no basis to do so is troubling. It’s a touch of “If you are not with me you are against me” that we hear from some people. It seems you are amongst their number. I believe you are wrapped up in conspiracy theories spewed out by…well, who really knows? I don’t think you do.

Stand back and look at the world a little. Stop reading whatever trash you devour, apparently avidly, too often. Use YOUR brain occasionally.

So Johnson’s gov is alleged to have rewritten a report.
They have announced an inquiry into Cameron/Greensill and lobbying. It appears this is not to be a public inquiry. It won’t be a Parliamentary Committee with all the powers they would have.
Now Sir David King, ex chief scientist, has said this Gov ate using COVID to privatise the NHS by the back door and are a corrupt chumocracy.
amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 … -scientist
He contrasts the NHS success in delivering the vaccines, with the expensive fiasco of test.and.trace. He also mentions the political input into SAGE, free speech issues etc.

Anybody else remember how we laughed when the Belgians had no Goverment for months?
Anyone else feeling jealous? [emoji3]

Franglais:
Anybody else remember how we laughed when the Belgians had no Goverment for months?
Anyone else feeling jealous? [emoji3]

And if you’d lived somewhere that had no government for 3 years you’d soon realise that there was nothing to be jealous of, no pay rises for anyone paid by the government, no new infrastructure projects started, no decisions made on health or education, meanwhile the people who should have been making those decisions sitting at home on full pay, yep full on hilarity for the public.

Franglais:
So Johnson’s gov is alleged to have rewritten a report.
They have announced an inquiry into Cameron/Greensill and lobbying. It appears this is not to be a public inquiry. It won’t be a Parliamentary Committee with all the powers they would have.
Now Sir David King, ex chief scientist, has said this Gov ate using COVID to privatise the NHS by the back door and are a corrupt chumocracy.
amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 … -scientist
He contrasts the NHS success in delivering the vaccines, with the expensive fiasco of test.and.trace. He also mentions the political input into SAGE, free speech issues etc.

This government is good at reports. We had the report about the election and the Russians interference, if any. That did not seem to go anywhere. Now this race report that might well be a load of tosh written to suit BJ & Co. Any now we are promised one about possible shenanigans involving Dave and others. Are we full of confidence that it will be investigated and written to the highest standards of truthfulness and transparency? I am not so sure.