Shipping out of and into Poole

Baldrick1953:
Hi Geoff…
A couple of nice pics of Merv you posted…
I remember Kelvin doing a few trips in the early days but I think he stayed home on the spanner’s later on and had a couple of drivers?
Foggy memories now but I seem to recall that Merv had a transcon that was an orangey colour at one time…
Like a say foggy memories of some great times .
All the best… Baldrick.

Hi Baldrick you are right Kelvin was one of the first to do Portugal many years ago with Euroking. He then went o/d with the Transcon in pic and latterly had several trucks mostly Scanias. He then as you say went on the spanner’s to keep them going. Merv did have a Transcon as you say as well as a few others. Both of them characters and great boys to run with. The tricks that we used to do and mostly get away with are long forgotten nowadays but we can all tale some tales of as we call them the good old days. Obviously we had heart ache as well but we tend not to remember those. Please raise a glass on Monday at 1130 to toast Merv on his last journey. Regards Geoff

I can’t wait to go to the Porkers again if they ever open again. Stay safe mate see you soon hopefully.Geoff.

Do you think they are going to close Geoff, I sincerely hope they don’t, its the best SOFA monthly lunch venue ever.

yes come on Geoff, get with the program, you must be getting low on the red, so with nothing else to do give boris a ring and get an exemption, mind you if we had carried on to the meal the day of the lockdown we would still be there locked in,

Think this belongs on this thread, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Think this belongs on this thread, Buzzer

Thanks for that Buzzer I reckon your spot on. I hope you and yours are all staying safe in these unusual times. I am starting to get itchy feet again after 5 weeks of Furlough but at least I am ok so far. I hope things soon get relaxed a bit as I miss meeting people especially my mates that I used to meet once a month usually the Portuguese restaurant in Bournemouth but it’s the same for everyone,so looking forward to happier times. Take care mate and speak again soon Geoff.

kerbut:
I can’t wait to go to the Porkers again if they ever open again. Stay safe mate see you soon hopefully.Geoff.

Do you think they are going to close Geoff, I sincerely hope they don’t, its the best SOFA monthly lunch venue ever.

Hi Nigel I feel the same as you mate can’t wait for things to get back to normal. I just hope the same as you that the Porkers are still going when things get relaxed a bit. I suppose your the same as me and are doing things that you don’t usually do. Having said that I cannot wait for this to be over as it’s ok to be home but if you can’t go where you want to it’s not so good. Hope to see you both soon all the best Geoff.

hotel magnum:
yes come on Geoff, get with the program, you must be getting low on the red, so with nothing else to do give boris a ring and get an exemption, mind you if we had carried on to the meal the day of the lockdown we would still be there locked in,

Hi Alan you are right mate red is going down but not out yet. Can you imagine had we been locked in at the Porkers what a state me and Phill would have been in. I hope you are all staying safe and that you are getting on with refurbishing that truck. I hope Boris soon relaxes his grip on us but he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t,no doubt Phill won’t agree with whatever he does as he is bit of a rebel. I just hope the Porkers make it through to the other side of this lockdown hopefully see you soon.Geoff

I will tell him to reduce the chances only those who voted in can go together and those who voted out can go together and those who did not vote cannot go at all, guess which category phill is in.

Shipped out of Poole.

A weekend with Kelvin at La Linea after tipping Huelva for ECT.

Gazzer who did the Transcon belong to. :sunglasses:

Hi Gerbil the Transcon belonged to Kelvin Holloway who used to drive for Euroking before going on his own. He was one of the early lads that used to do Portugal. At one time he had quite a few tractor units doing traction out of Poole to the continent. Has now got rid of them all and is back on the spanner’s and wheeler dealing. Hope this helps regards Geoff

Cliff luxton:
Shipped out of Poole.

Hi Cliff where were you and John off to on that trip back in the good old days shipping out of Poole?

I was on my way to Morroco Geoff, don’t know where John was going.

Coming off the coutances.

Both the Coutances and the DAF look pretty new there Cliff

As Portuguese trips have been mentioned, does anyone remember the very old Portuguese tractor units that were painted in dull colours in a multitude of colours, apparently it was left over paint from ships, then it seemed to be overnight that all of a sudden they all had new trucks when the customs at the borders finished, no doubt borrowed money from the EU ?

Still one of my best photos, Coimbra Portugal N1 heading down to Lisbon.

C63AB7A5-660C-40EF-99F4-3B197984D980.jpeg

Hi Stevie, it’s TC here, ex BI , PSL, Freight Transfer, Garnett Eurotrans , Securicor Omega Container Logistics, Brian Rayner owner driver , how is Ian doing , fond memories of you in Portugal and your airline pilot sunglasses hence Shady, I’m always on the beach at Lepe or Calshot deep sea container ship spotting while eyeing up the G string eye candy!