Scania 140 / 141

thats a lovely motor, i wouldnt want to strip the sides out of a 6 bay tilt every day thou!

Dodgy Permit:

LB76:

Nice thread about the undoubted leader of the day, lets face it, it was streets ahead of the opposition & could beat many of them uphill fully frighted when they were ■■■■ near empty.
There is no engine that sounds like a V8 of course (petrol or diesel) and I always enjoyed listening to that engine growling through the eminox.

Maybe someone on here will know ?
I had a 140 that had a long curved (in chrome) gear lever that was not like any Scania lever I had seen before, the gear knob was also different.

I drove a 110 with two gearsticks before the electric splitter switch.

i used to see a 110 running around in bolton pulling steel about , it wasnt very long ago niether only about 10 years ago .
as i remember he had had a 112 engine ( something like that ) fitted to it to keep it going and it was a hand painted day cab in green . dammed if i can remember the blokes name though :frowning:

LB76:

the bloke on the bike looks quite relaxed

He would be , he’s going downhill !

ADAM JONES 141 JUST AFTER HAVING A TAG AXLE FITTED.

few of my photos

regards

mark

scan0312.jpg

scan0158.jpg

scan0147.jpg

LB76:

Hi LB76 I used to drive that truck for Pat Duffy Southampton about 82/83 on europeon work I think the first owner was Rockold look on the Long Departed Southampton Hauliers thread and you’ll find the history of it on there, I know a few people who wish they could get there hands on that truck today. !!!

Regards Jimski

Here you go LB76 some history on that truck

When Pat owned it ( and a younger me)

And here is a pic of Pats with her looking a bit Sad after Pat sold it !

Regards Jimski

Strange thing i can remember meeting him on the ferry one day but didnt connect him with the pic.(time,age,onset of senility) thanks for jogging the grey matter.
Bill

Had some lovely pics this week - keep 'em coming

n1407718085_30242468_3826.jpg

Excellent fleet,and perfectly lined up for a pic :sunglasses: :sunglasses: