scania 141

530power:
can anyone remember micky young’s 141 in the early ninetys pulling containers out of tilbury docks

I just spoke to the fella in Ireland who’s owned the 141 since 2001/2002 she said it looks the same an has been put away in the last 3/4 years an takes it out for a spin once or twice a year in his yard

Great to see some pictures of Micky Young’s 141. Used to be good mates, and had the pleasure of restoring and painting the 141in the yard next to Brain’s at Thurrock. Have some photo’s of the resto and painting will have to dig them out maybe learn how to post some pics.

Roo113w

Shes grown a set of super singles

Scania141georgeyboy:
Roo113w

can anyone remember micky young’s 141 in the early ninetys pulling containers out of tilbury docks

Yeah i remember it was a beautiful burgandy colour . Looked and sounded the nuts. I know Mike to speak to on the cb and have met up with him a couple of times but not for a few years . still flash each other up when we pass on the road . He has got an ex Roy Gill 4 series toplineV8 now still in Gills colours of dark blue , thats looks a picture too and kept as tidy as the 141.

i’ll pot a pic of his 4 series, his a good friend of mine i was running with mick on cobelfret out of purfleet for quite some time

i’ll try and find a bigger and clearer picture

that 141 looks tidy i used to see that ex roy gill motor alot when i used to run out of solstore in crayford he keeps it really nice and its got the hella twin headlamp conversion on it if im not mistaken :laughing:

yeh thats right you can get the headlight conversion from coles out of banbury, i posted a picture of it in the transport picture forum under scania picture

So which 530 power have you got . The V8 type [Scania ] :smiley: or the one with two cylinders missing [ Daf ] :cry: or is it you wishing. :smiling_imp:

530 scania mate! :smiley: there is a picture of my old one in the transport pictures under my old v8 beast and gotta light which is sold now got really good offer on it so she had to go i ran it for 3 years and lost 2grand on it. my new project is a ex roadways international 144 530

There was a 141 in Maroon with a lift tag axle retro fitted in one of the Historic mags for sale section a while back. Said it had only just retired off of Mid-East work. Had huge long range tanks. I think Denis Oates still run their 142 but I guess the 141s have retired.

ican remember it when he first got it and it was green and yellow first owned
by smithy of tring you all keep on about hs 530 and the 141 but his 3 series its mustard was one of the cleanest motors i have ever seen if youngy wernt so bloody modest he could of walked truckfest but his never entered

Heres 2 fotos of M Youngs Scania 141, taken in the Services on the A13, westbound,

Enjoy

Ron

i remember his yellow 143 470 it had a coach diff used to go like stink.

the 141 is now owned by a mate of mine here in ireland!!!its parked in a shed and still has the murals etc…he rarely takes it out for a spin :frowning: :frowning:

does he want to sell it?

i don’t think he’d sell it…he has about 15 trucks in his collection…most are awaiting restoration…scanias,aec’s,volvos and dennisons!!

theres a recent photo on well known 142 man, jon holeys webpage…

freewebs.com/jons142scania/frendtrucks.htm

I used to park in the same yard as Mick. my lhd 141 same colour, not as shinny.