Scania 112 or 113 anyone?

Hi Bewick , she looked at neat bit of kit, did the drivers get on with it ok ?or did they prefer a sleeper ?

Having second thoughts on that 112 day cab,I think we did uprate it to 38ton GVW after a couple of years.Cheers Bewick.

JAKEY:
Hi Bewick , she looked at neat bit of kit, did the drivers get on with it ok ?or did they prefer a sleeper ?

We only ever ran it on double shift and latterly just on days,never on distance work.Cheers Bewick.

did you keep any of your trucks ?

JAKEY:
did you keep any of your trucks ?

No,we joined the WRM group and the Red and Whites were gradually phased out or re-painted Blue and Silver.But I was never so attached to my motors that I would ever have considered keeping any,they were just “tools of my trade”. ! Cheers Bewick.

How’s this for a quality line-up,four R112’s comprising a 6x2 pusher,two 4x2’s and a 6x2 Tag,Cheers Bewick.

nice line up there Bewick.

Bewick:
How’s this for a quality line-up,four R112’s comprising a 6x2 pusher,two 4x2’s and a 6x2 Tag,Cheers Bewick.

CJA1:
Credit [Bewick] ur fleet always looked in good shape? Cheers Chris.

Was there a big difference in running costs between the Mid-lifts and the Rear -lifts dennis and did you prefer one to the other ?

scan0001.jpg

Drove this for a short while,pulled like a train - think it was Danish spec.

Suedehead:

[quote=CJA1 More T/Freight Scani"s Cheers Chris.

100_2310.JPG

CJA1:

Suedehead:

[quote=CJA1 More T/Freight Scani"s Cheers Chris.

Another Cheers Chris.

100_2302.JPG

Suedehead:

In all the years that i have had this pic,i have only just noticed the dead white cat lying in front of the motor :confused:

Tesco 113.

SAM_0846.JPG

SAM_0845.JPG

Suedehead:
In all the years that i have had this pic,i have only just noticed the dead white cat lying in front of the motor :confused:

My god…its tiddles…I searched for him for months… you squished him when you parked…you brute :laughing:

Two for the price of one.Taken at the Prater in Vienna.On Meadows/Gebruder Weiss work.

Twoninety88:

Suedehead:

My god…its tiddles…I searched for him for months… you squished him when you parked…you brute :laughing:

I accidentally put our cat in the washing machine. Luckily it died in comfort

bowser:
Was there a big difference in running costs between the Mid-lifts and the Rear -lifts dennis and did you prefer one to the other ?

Hiya “bowser” I don’t recall any difference much between the two types,but my personal preference was the mid steer chassis,a lot smoother ride than the Tag axle. Suprisingly the Volvo FL10 6x2 with the fixed pusher mid axle did suprisingly well on tyres IIRC.Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

bowser:

Hiya “bowser” I don’t recall any difference much between the two types,but my personal preference was the mid steer chassis,a lot smoother ride than the Tag axle. Suprisingly the Volvo FL10 6x2 with the fixed pusher mid axle did suprisingly well on tyres IIRC.Cheers Dennis.

The mid steer was a much better ride Bewick I tried both & for the sake of My back went down that route…