roping and sheeting

Punchy Dan:
:smiley:

Is that the payload Dan’l or the living accommodation in lieu of a sleeper cab ? :bulb: :bulb: Hope you and yours are having an enjoyable long weekend ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Is that the payload Dan’l or the living accommodation in lieu of a sleeper cab ? :bulb: :bulb: Hope you and yours are having an enjoyable long weekend ! Cheers Dennis.

Hiya Denzil ,yes we are good thanks hope you and the wife are :wink: after spending the night on your patch I went to Liverpool but was cancelled on collection but obviously will get paid anyway,then jingled over to Ossett to load this 5 tonne alternator to be lifted on a landfill nr Ipswich,although I have to add south is not for me :smiley: cheers Dan’l.

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya Denzil ,yes we are good thanks hope you and the wife are :wink: after spending the night on your patch I went to Liverpool but was cancelled on collection but obviously will get paid anyway,then jingled over to Ossett to load this 5 tonne alternator to be lifted on a landfill nr Ipswich,although I have to add south is not for me :smiley: cheers Dan’l.

Well Dan’l unfortunately beggars can’t be choosers ( I’m not suggesting you are a Beggar of course, a Bugger yes !!!) but sometimes you have to follow the ££££’s even if it means “holding your nose” !! Well on a land fill in the South East I suppose you will need an Oxygen mask with all the crap that comes out of London ! Cheers Dennis.

Punchy Dan:

Somehow I don’t Bewick is going to approve of that sheeting especially if it was a paper reel and it was raining. :laughing:

The real question then is did you use gloves to rope it.If so run before he gets you. :wink:

Yes I did wear gloves ,scangrit green plastic ones :smiley: however I don’t always depends if I can get to wash my hands after .

Punchy Dan:
Yes I did wear gloves ,scangrit green plastic ones :smiley: however I don’t always depends if I can get to wash my hands after .

I started off without gloves at the beginning of my career, but the cracks in the heels of my hands which soon filled with wet salt from the roads convinced me that there was a better way. Plus I hate handling the steering wheel with dirty hands.

I soon got over the lack of feeling for the ropes and dollies and found no difficulty afterwards with wearing them.

What I couldn’t understand were the blokes who wore gloves, got them wet and mucky, and then got behind the wheel to shift the wagon a short way while still wearing them. :open_mouth:

I’ve lost a few fingers off me gloves when the gloves get old and I trap a finger in the rope then try to ■■■■■■ it out rips the finger off :laughing:the right index finger iirc

Sounds like you’ve forgotten all the advice contained in that R&S course (Still waiting for payment, but not holding breath). You’re unlikely to get free grub in Ipswich, pal, so you had better get back up here a bit sharpish. Let us know when and where you will be paying for the breakfastS that you keep dodging.

Carryfast:

lespullan:
Well CF whats the theory with this photo, its not raining so it doesn’t need sheeting ?, well if it had a sheet on it wouldn’t be all over the road, what does the book say about that you [zb] [zb]. Les.

So why hasn’t the front row also fallen off with the rest if it was all about needing a sheet to hold it all and even that should have left off the stupidly placed top stack.So an idiot who doesn’t know when to say enough and like other examples not enough rope hooks or rope.No problem throw a sheet over it and then you can stack it as high as you like and just rope between the load using the sheet to hold it.Also no need to worry about not enough rope hooks the sheet is strong enough to hold anything on its own.

As for the bleedin book make your mind up Bewick said it was old school common sense and it wasn’t me who wrote it.So what does your book say in the case of a load that has to be strapped/roped and sheeted by law not sheeted and roped ?.

This is the last time i reply to your idiotic comments, you are so its unbelievable, everyone on TN is wrong in your opinion except you, in my opinion you should be removed from the forum as your comments are of no significance to TN, you seem to get a buzz out of winding everyone up, iv’e met a few people in my working life both as HGV mechanic and driver who i thought was in the wrong job but you take the biscuit, from all the comments posted regarding roping and sheeting you have learned nothing with your senseless attitude and your quotes from the " book ", the book can’t rope and sheet its only a guideline for like you. Les.

================================

The rule is that you can attack the post, but NOT the person. dd.

Unfortunately Les that Prat “CF” is the only man in the Regiment marching “in step” ! :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

lespullan:

Carryfast:
As for the bleedin book make your mind up Bewick said it was old school common sense and it wasn’t me who wrote it.So what does your book say in the case of a load that has to be strapped/roped and sheeted by law not sheeted and roped ?.

This is the last time i reply to your idiotic comments, you are so its unbelievable, everyone on TN is wrong in your opinion except you, in my opinion you should be removed from the forum as your comments are of no significance to TN, you seem to get a buzz out of winding everyone up, iv’e met a few people in my working life both as HGV mechanic and driver who i thought was in the wrong job but you take the biscuit, from all the comments posted regarding roping and sheeting you have learned nothing with your senseless attitude and your quotes from the " book ", the book can’t rope and sheet its only a guideline for like you. Les.

================================

The rule is that you can attack the post, but NOT the person. dd.

All you can do is ignore the question and make personal attacks on the poster not the post.Go and tell it to the DVSA and the NZ authorities among others I’m not interested.

Blimey, Dieseldave, it’s a long time since I’ve seen that rule enforced. :open_mouth:

So much so I’d forgotten it even existed. :unamused:

More power to your elbow, Dave. :wink: :slight_smile:

Problem solved , Carryfast has got to be a woman , or very much in touch with his feminine side . If you’ve tried arguing with a woman you’ll get my drift .

rigsby:
Problem solved , Carryfast has got to be a woman , or very much in touch with his feminine side . If you’ve tried arguing with a woman you’ll get my drift .

You’ve argued with a woman Dave!!! :open_mouth:

coomsey:

rigsby:

Waste of time , you might as well talk into a bucket and listen to the echo .

rigsby:

coomsey:

rigsby:

Waste of time , you might as well talk into a bucket and listen to the echo .

:unamused:
FB_IMG_1566893613891.jpg
I for one have nothing to say !

I just got a mental picture of that chap dragging that outfit over the Cat and Fiddle , especially going round the One House corner dropping Into Macc . I reckon it would take a while winding it up on the flat to start with .

coomsey:
:roll: 0

He can’t be going far,it isn’t sheeted,!!!

David

5thwheel:

coomsey:
:roll: 0

He can’t be going far,it isn’t sheeted,!!!

David

Not even roped properly either, wouldn’t fancy a quick stop without front crosses. Perhaps he thought that, given the state of his brakes it wouldn’t come to that. :open_mouth: :laughing: