roping and sheeting

Bewick:

Carryfast:
As for edificating anyone you did the job your way and I did it mine.Which meant using gloves for roping and going by the rule sheets are meant to keep the load dry not hold it on the truck.But definitely didn’t give anyone who did it your way two black eyes and a fat lip. :laughing:

The salient point you are missing here “CF” is I doubt very much if you have ever done any sheeting & roping ! By all the so called PC bollox you spout it would seemingly suggest that you most certainly have not operated at the “sharp end” of S & R. So when you are in the “hole” Son stop digging as you are only showing all and sundry what a real gob [zb] you really are ! Cheers Bewick.

So tell all that to the driver in the video which I posted.By rule strap/rope and sheet so can’t possibly use the sheet to hold the load,not your bs idea of sheet and rope with the intention of using the sheet to secure the load and the ropes to secure the sheet and he can actually tie an even quicker better,but just slightly bit more difficult to do,knot while wearing gloves just like I could/did.Obviously unlike you and some of the other ‘experts’.

As nmm said the point is there are plenty of ways to do it wrong but only one way to do it right.Great if you want to rip the skin off your hands and lose a load through a shredded sheet do it your zb way.

While your ‘doubt’ is way wide of the mark.As I said doing local general haulage,as opposed to distance/trunking,in your case often obviously roped and sheeted by the yard shunter not the driver,meant I had to do more roping,but admittedly only sheeting where I couldn’t possibly avoid it because I’m obviously sane in that regard,more often during a shift than many. :unamused:

Carryfast:

newmercman:
You know what, I can’t understand why you found it difficult to get a start in transport Carryfast, you would’ve been an asset to any lorry man.

I do wonder how many miles of rope you would need to properly secure a load of cases of tower stacked crates or sacks as you would need to rope over every column of crates or sacks, you would have to have a load of extra hooks welded onto every trailer you pulled, although with that much rope you could probably get away without using a sheet as there would be so much rope over the load it wouldn’t get wet if you submerged it.

As Bewick said I’m obviously only going by the ‘common sense’ rules which I was taught.But no one said it was going to be easy.Especially in a country where trying to pile an 8 wheeler or even an 8 wheeler and trailer sized load onto a four wheeler seems to have been the default choice from day 1.:smiling_imp: :laughing:

On that note yes with hindsight trying to do whatever it took to emigrate to the ‘common sense’ of NZ or Oz was probably the best option for me.:wink:

I think not, you wouldn’t’ve lasted five minutes.

Star down under.:

To be fair I obviously wouldn’t have been sacked for using a sheet to secure a load with going by their own rules. :unamused:

A company i delivered to regularily ran curtainsider trailers , each one had a sheet with straps attached suspended from the roof of the trailers. Once loaded with pallets of chemicals of all sizes the driver simply strapped the sheet to the trailer this was approved by those good men from vosa , it must have been in their rule book but not every pallet was strapped as the sheet was quite adequate to secure the load

ramone:
A company i delivered to regularily ran curtainsider trailers , each one had a sheet with straps attached suspended from the roof of the trailers. One loaded with pallets of chemicals of all sizes the driver simply strapped the sheet to the trailer this was approved by those good men from vosa , it must have been in their rule book but not every pallet was strapped las the sheet was quite adequate to secure the load

So the curtains rightly weren’t considered sufficient to secure the load.But a sheet made of canvas or PVC anchored to the roof was.

Although that’s the first time I’ve heard of anyone sheeting a load on a curtainsider or a tilt to secure it.Sounds like an Irish operator.Or a Bewick sub contractor following Bewick’s orders to the letter. :wink: :smiley:

Well CF whats the theory with this photo, its not raining so it doesn’t need sheeting ?, well if it had a sheet on it wouldn’t be all over the road, what does the book say about that you ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■. Les.

download.jpg

lespullan:
Well CF whats the theory with this photo, its not raining so it doesn’t need sheeting ?, well if it had a sheet on it wouldn’t be all over the road, what does the book say about that you [zb] [zb]. Les.

Well Les I’m just glad that my Ford Zodiac “Executive” didn’t get clobbered by one of those bales !!! But I’ve got to say that The Great Man’s MO is when he paints himself into a corner on one thread he ■■■■■■ off onto another thread and takes up issue with another “cause” although I believe he is now pre-occupied with the EU/Brexit problems ! Cheers Dennis.

lespullan:
Well CF whats the theory with this photo, its not raining so it doesn’t need sheeting ?, well if it had a sheet on it wouldn’t be all over the road, what does the book say about that you [zb] [zb]. Les.

So why hasn’t the front row also fallen off with the rest if it was all about needing a sheet to hold it all and even that should have left off the stupidly placed top stack.So an idiot who doesn’t know when to say enough and like other examples not enough rope hooks or rope.No problem throw a sheet over it and then you can stack it as high as you like and just rope between the load using the sheet to hold it.Also no need to worry about not enough rope hooks the sheet is strong enough to hold anything on its own.

As for the bleedin book make your mind up Bewick said it was old school common sense and it wasn’t me who wrote it.So what does your book say in the case of a load that has to be strapped/roped and sheeted by law not sheeted and roped ?.

Bewick:
… But I’ve got to say that The Great Man’s MO is when he paints himself into a corner on one thread he ■■■■■■ off onto another thread and takes up issue with another “cause” although I believe he is now pre-occupied with the EU/Brexit problems ! Cheers Dennis.

Yes Dennis, I’d say you’re spot-on with that observation. :smiley:

On his way to the great Brexit debate, the great man walked on water all the way to the canal boat topic, where he was comparing WW2 Royal Navy ships to canal boats in his best Carryfastist style.

Carryfastism is the art (as practiced by the Carryfastist movement) of derailing a perfectly good topic by the introduction of random unconnected crap obtained from an internet search engine. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: Carryfastism is a creeping menace that’s responsible for many a broken computer keyboard. :wink:

dieseldave:

Bewick:
… But I’ve got to say that The Great Man’s MO is when he paints himself into a corner on one thread he ■■■■■■ off onto another thread and takes up issue with another “cause” although I believe he is now pre-occupied with the EU/Brexit problems ! Cheers Dennis.

Yes Dennis, I’d say you’re spot-on with that observation. :smiley:

On his way to the great Brexit debate, the great man walked on water all the way to the canal boat topic, where he was comparing WW2 Royal Navy ships to canal boats in his best Carryfastist style.

Carryfastism is the art (as practiced by the Carryfastist movement) of derailing a perfectly good topic by the introduction of random unconnected crap obtained from an internet search engine. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: Carryfastism is a creeping menace that’s responsible for many a broken computer keyboard. :wink:

Be fair dave I’ve ( dared not ) gone far if at all off topic.This one is a clear argument related to sheets being used to secure a load which realistically is a known dodgy undertaking then or now.

No CF, Dennis hit the nail perfectly with that swing, as proven many times over, as recently as this week as you still haven’t responded to my questions on the truckstop church thread, you obviously can’t find a YouTube clip to support your flawed theories.

Nice one “DD” “Carryfastism” now you could have inadvertently coined a new word to be included in the New Oxford dictionary for which you can be profoundly embarrassed for and quite rightly so ! :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Now lets see what would be the accompanying blurb for this new word :bulb: " The Idiotic, imbecilic determination to infect any sensible conversation with verbal bollox" or similar ! Cheers Dennis.

newmercman:
No CF, Dennis hit the nail perfectly with that swing, as proven many times over, as recently as this week as you still haven’t responded to my questions on the truckstop church thread, you obviously can’t find a YouTube clip to support your flawed theories.

Yes I did.Can’t tell you what I said there because it would be off topic here and I’ll get busted again by dave.Go over there and check it out. :wink:

Bewick:
Nice one “DD” “Carryfastism” now you could have inadvertently coined a new word to be included in the New Oxford dictionary for which you can be profoundly embarrassed for and quite rightly so ! :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Now lets see what would be the accompanying blurb for this new word :bulb: " The Idiotic, imbecilic determination to infect any sensible conversation with verbal bollox" or similar ! Cheers Dennis.

Ok you win loads should be secured by a sheet on the basis of the sheet holds the load and the ropes/straps hold the sheet and you should never use gloves to rope with. :unamused:

Finally!!!

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

To be fair I obviously wouldn’t have been sacked for using a sheet to secure a load with going by their own rules. :unamused:

You wouldn’t have been sacked because you would never have got a start. Obviously the Oz and Kiwi immigration could see you for what you are.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

You wouldn’t have been sacked because you would never have got a start. Obviously the Oz and Kiwi immigration could see you for what you are.

Blimey you seem to know more about me than I know myself and you don’t even know me. :open_mouth:

As for Oz and Kiwi immigration.The same bunch of zb’s who prefer to overrun the place with Orientals while refusing,let alone chucking out,Brits because truck driving doesn’t meet the points system.Or worse gets removed and put back on it as and when they feel like it in which case retrospective deportation applies.

Which changes anything regarding the correct advice,which I agree with within the guide shown, how. :unamused:

newmercman:
Finally!!!

Unbelievable NMM ! Best news I’ve had to-day “CF” has finally conceded he may just be out of his depth on the subject of S&R ! However just like a terrier dog that has had it’s arse punched he will no doubt try to have the “last yap”, once he has sorted out the EU thread ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

newmercman:
Finally!!!

Unbelievable NMM ! Best news I’ve had to-day “CF” has finally conceded he may just be out of his depth on the subject of S&R !

You obviously don’t understand sarcasm when it’s staring you in the face. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

406F89DA-C6B8-46AF-8B74-03D1A6C64B8C.jpeg
:smiley: