My first roped load!

You haven,t roped that very well, the cab on the back has shot forward :laughing:

Shouldnt you have sheeted it first . . . well the front half anyway? :neutral_face: :slight_smile:

Yea,but who roped it for you,the Shunter ? Bewick.

beware tom ,the old master is on this thread,so what ever you do with ropes,sheet’s,chain’s,strap’s,you name it this kid’s done it :wink: .

Too right he has, & very well too I would say, He is from the old school you know like me, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Too right he has, & very well too I would say, He is from the old school you know like me, Regards Larry.

There’s no curtains round it Larry,so obviously “Gaz” wasn’t the shunter then!! Cheers Dennis.

that’s better,it’s just not the same with out old fire tongue :wink:

is that another load of wet cardboard about to fly then

I didn’t get chance to photograph my first attempt at roping AND sheeting, I was too busy pulling into every other lay-by to tighten it all up again :blush:
We all had to learn as we went, puts a whole new meaning on picking it up as you go along

if you ever need any advice on it have a word with bewick and his new mate larry,christ what a double act :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My youngest son Nigels first high load he roped & sheeted, not bad for a learner, Regards Larry.

TomJaves:

only front part is roped the back is staps, can not see your hitches vere well lad but not to bad for 1st timer, good look with the job .

larry,what’s he doing roping over the fly sheet :question: ,thought you’d no better to let him do that,what with you been from the’‘OLD SCHOOL’’ :wink:

GAZ70:
if you ever need any advice on it have a word with bewick and his new mate larry,christ what a double act :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well “Gaz” all I can say mate is he could do far worse than ask for help and advice from two blokes that would set him “right” !! Imagine him having to ask you,and the response he’d get–“Sorry pal,if it is not in a curtainsider I can’t help you” “whats a half hitch,whats a Fly sheet” your baffling me with science now pal,you’d better ring Bewick or Dunbar,I’m out of my depth I’m afraid !! Cheers Bewick.

just commenting on what i see ,what’s the harm in that :question:

GAZ70:
just commenting on what i see ,what’s the harm in that :question:

None whatever “Gaz” its only a bit of craic we’er having with the younger generation, so don’t “take a powder” mate,lifes dull enough at this time of year so we need the likes of your goodself to keep us old’uns “on the ball”.Cheers Old Fire Tongue !!

no probs,regarding the snowdrift up at shap i think that was very unsporting of you and young dunbar,i’m sure you’d pull your old pal gaz out :laughing: :laughing:

Is that better Dennis, Regards Larry.

GAZ70:
no probs,regarding the snowdrift up at shap i think that was very unsporting of you and young dunbar,i’m sure you’d pull your old pal gaz out :laughing: :laughing:

Aye,after we’d had our supper and a “warm up” in the “Jungle”,then we’d get the Bobbies to give us a lift back up the fell in their Landrover to see if you were still digging mate !! Is your Log Sheet in order when the Bobby asks ? A shot of the first 38 tonner we put into the fleet in April '83,parked in a layby on the A590 at Crooklands.Cheers Bewick.