Reliable agency West Yorkshire

Good afternoon all.
I am just wondering if any of you can recommend a good agency for class one work
in West Yorkshire please?

I just read so many horror stories on the internet about late payment/no payment, cancellation of work 5 minutes before you’re supposed to start etc etc.

I just don’t want to waste my time signing up with these agencies if there’s actually a good one hiding behind the bad.

Thank you.

Mickey mouse:
Good afternoon all.
I am just wondering if any of you can recommend a good agency for class one work
in West Yorkshire please?

I just read so many horror stories on the internet about late payment/no payment, cancellation of work 5 minutes before you’re supposed to start etc etc.

I just don’t want to waste my time signing up with these agencies if there’s actually a good one hiding behind the bad.

Thank you.

Keep looking

There’s no such thing as a good agency.

Some are merely not as bad as others. :angry:

I used Driving Plus or Staffline? , not sure if thats still their name. They have a lot of DHL work and JLR. I never had a problem with payment or shifts, plenty of work.

I also used a smaller agency called Recruitment Driven, never had a problem with them, and was on friendly terms with their manager. Not as much work but again always paid on time.

I was informed Staffline don’t do the JLR contract anymore

peirre:

Ive not worked there for over 2 years so that could be the case!

peirre:

The way things are going at JLR, I don’t think there will be too much scope for agencies there soon.

Swordsy:
Ive not worked there for over 2 years so that could be the case!

I did a couple of days there over 12 months ago (Normanton- Newton Aycliffe - Hailwood) but refused to do anymore because the rates nosedived and I was travelling 35 miles each way and they stopped paying petrol money. I was also aware that when JLR wound down the operation earlier last year there was less work out of Normanton but was under the impression that they where still running loads. With the demise of the RH contract at Xmas, I was discussing alternative options with the girls (Rebecca / Diane / Naomi) at staffline and the JLR was mentioned, and I was told it ended some time ago.
So once I’m back in in the UK later this week I’ll start looking for other work to replace the RH job

What about Logistic people at Stobart??

Andrejs:
What about Logistic people at Stobart??

PMSL :laughing:

Mickey mouse:

That usually only happens to those who think they’re being clever being self employed but fail to have terms of business they get the agency to sign so there’s nothing to say when the agency has to pay them or that there’s a minimum charge for late cancellation.

I’d say it’s got little to do with “terms of business” etc
It more down to the relationship the driver builds up with the agency over time, as anyone who’s had the T-shirt knows they’ll always screw around with the newbies

Have you tried Taskmaster in Wakefield. Just off J41 M1. Used them when I had just passed Class2 and they were great. Got me plenty of work at different places and always paid on time as long as you got timesheet to them. Had a few of their drivers temping for where I work now and they are paying for them to do Class 1 so definitely need drivers.