Agencies around leeds harrogate and york areas

hi just wandering how quiet the agencies are around the leeds harrogate or york areas for class 1 work
the best of the bad bunch and the ones to avoid and rough pay rates would be helpfull as its been a few years since i played the agency game but redundency is most likely happening very soon so just trying to prepare myself for it
thanks guys

Not sure how far your prepared to travel but I’ve heard Howdens joinery in Howden are looking for agency drivers, they even have drivers from Morcambe and Manchester working for them and they are paying for their digs if not on a night out. iI bbelieve they are paying £10 ph. Will try and find out more but I’m off to Germany tomorrow so it could be weekend before I can get back to you.

Hi mate,

Some will agree with me others will disagree but since I have been with the agency I am with for over a year, I have nothing but good experience with the one I am with;

247 Recruitment
Merrion Street
Leeds

0113 245 5554

Ask for Nikki or Lisa

They are flat out busy at the minute, since I have been with them I get 5 shifts a week all year round, no money issues, paid on time.

You might see better pay rates advertised but those agencies don’t get all the shifts. They are first call agency at Stobarts at Sherburn but they do have other contracts.

This is just my opinion/experience

Matt

Matt, Do they take newly qualified drivers or does this 2 year rule.of.experience come into play?

I think they have the ’ driven 180 days ’ in the last year but give em a ring, never hurts to ask the question

Hi matt if you dont mind me asking what your rough earnings from 247 agency only asking as im trying to get off tramping work as were on salary and stupid hours for ■■■■ poor wages lol do you always work out of sherburn cheers

Matty72:
You might see better pay rates advertised but those agencies don’t get all the shifts. They are first call agency at Stobarts at Sherburn but they do have other contracts.

£8hr employed rate - no overtime rate

Sat £11hr - Sun £13hr

Wouldn’t stop ringing me, desperate for drivers, even after I’d told them of the rates I was on :open_mouth:

The other contracts are for the blue-eyed boys :wink:

Stan